Chapter 1

Arrow of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since I was 6 years old I have been dancing ballet. When my friends played outdoors, I was the only one who rigorously trained. I spent my time in perfecting my dance.

 

I did nothing but dance.

 

After a long while my hard work paid off. In no time I became a successful prima ballerina. I have done shows in Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Ballet was the only thing I could think of.

 

But my dreams shattered when I reached the highest peak in my dancing career.

 

A week before I had my biggest show, an amazing opportunity to perform in New York City, I broke my leg while practicing. I felt stupid, depressed and mad at myself for doing such a stupid thing. It took me 4 months to recover, but it was the most devastating time in my life. It has been two months since I have recovered and I haven’t practiced for my ballet yet. I lost my motivation and passion for it. When I had broken my leg, my ballet company quickly arranged a replacement for the show and they never looked back at me. They replaced me that easily. That’s the reason why I’m scared to practice again. I’m scared that I will fail again and let my dreams slip out of my hands again.

I may look strong from the outside but I’m just as vulnerable in the inside.

 

That’s why I have decided to start my third year in high school afresh and focus more on my studies.

 

“Have you already decided on which school activity to join?” my friend Ji Hyun asked after we finished our last class for the day. I have known Ji Hyun since high school. I remember the day when I first met her, she was so petite and she had such short hair. Now she is almost just as tall as me and her hair has grown a lot since then.  She has always helped me with everything, even the smallest things. Sometimes I feel bad that I have neglected her a lot when she wanted to meet up with me after school or during the holidays.

“No not yet, but I’m planning to join one today,” I replied with slight smile and put some books in my locker.

Ji Hyun leaned against the lockers and looked at me with a wide grin, “If you want ... I can talk to the president of my club activity. I promise you’ll love it!”

“But wha-“, even before I could finish my sentence she grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside to the school yard.

“Ji Hyun where the heck are you taking me to?,” I scoffed. Ji Hyun chuckled, “We’re almost there.”

She took me to the other side of the yard where there were lots of trees and bushes, a place I never knew that existed. After a few minutes of walking she abruptly stopped before a large wooden house. It looked really old.

“What’s this?” I rolled my eyes, I couldn’t believe she dragged me all the way to some bushy place.

Ji Hyun turned around facing me and rested her hands on her hips, “This is the club I was talking about…the archery club.”

 

The archery club? Isn’t that some sport for oldies?

 

Before I could realize what was happening there was a tall guy wearing glasses standing right next to her.

“Meet the vice president of this club, his name is Lee Chang Min. “

The tall guy scratched the nape of his neck and gave me a small smile, “Hi.”

“Chang Min, I want this stupid friend of mine to join the club, “she smiled and pointed with a finger towards me.

“Wait a minute Ji Hyun! ,” I scoffed, definitely offended by the insulting term she used for me. I was a gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter