All Mine

Incredible Things
Please log in to read the full chapter

KAI'S POV

The next morning is the first morning Iseul doesn't go rushing off for grad-ball committee meetings in quite a while. 

Instead, she's sitting slouchedly beside Jongguk on the dining table when I first step out of my room, the latter happily eating a bowl of cereal.  It’s not fair how goddamn fine she looks, even in that sloth-like position over there.  And it’s not fair how I’m losing my mind over her over here.

"So noona and appa got home at what time last night?" I hear Jongguk ask. 

"Mmm.. around half past 11, I guess?"  She replies, yawning loudly as she rests her cheek on one palm.  "What time did you get home, Jongguk?"

"9!  D.O. hyung put me to sleep right away!"

"What did you do at Jae's?" 

"A lot."  Jongguk replies, smiling mischievously.  Interested, I decide to join in.

"A lot?  Like what?"  I ask, entering the scene.  Iseul immediately sits up, alerted.  She turns around to look at me, and when our eyes meet, I try not to mind my heart skipping one or two beats. 

Dammit.  Dammit.  She's not supposed to do this to me.  She's not supposed to make me feel this way.  In the beginning, she wasn't even supposed to make me feel anything— and look how that ended up now.

"Appa!!"  Jongguk squeals, cute and bubbly usual.  I smile at him and pull out the chair in front of Iseul and sit down, making it the three of us now at the dining table. 

Is it just me or does Iseul look a bit nervous?

"Hey."  I say to both of them, but mostly to the woman in front of me. 

"He- hi."  She says, stuttering what must be a combo of hey and hi.  And no, that wasn't very adorable.  AT ALL.  Urgh!  It's too early in the morning for her to be extra adorable like this, okay?!

Anyway, nope, definitely not just me. 

"Appa!  What time did appa come home yesterday??"  Jongguk suddenly asks again.  Jeez, kids, huh?

"Together with noona, right?"  I say.  "Around half past 11 maybe."

"So late!  What did appa and noona do?"  Jongguk asks through a spoonful of cereal.

"Us?"  I look at Iseul, who blinks away when she catches my eye.  "We did a lot."  I say simply.  

Jongguk immediately looks at me with newfound interest.  "A lot?  Like what?"

I watch Iseul trying to look anywhere but at me— which is kind of cute but very annoying at the same time because now I can't look her in the eyes properly.  And that's what I want to do.  I want to gaze into those endless black orbs that pull me in every time I look at them.

But because apparently, for Iseul, the table is something worth glueing your eyes to... I can't!  What's up with her anyway?  Why is she acting so... awkward and shy?!  Yah, she can do better than this!  Who was it that so unhesitatingly asked me to her dress for her yesterday, literally begging for more already?  I want that Iseul out now!

"Appaaaa!  What did you doooo?"  Jongguk whines suddenly, breaking my ongoing mental analysis of this curious specimen named Seo Iseul. 

"Oh? We… danced!  We danced at noona's school."  I explain, and Iseul nods quickly in agreement.  Then she sends me a quick glare, a warning not to say anything funny. 

I bite back a smile.  There she is.  That thing, that flash-glaring thing she did back there where she tried to be scary but in reality looks anything but, is such a typical Seo Iseul thing.  How many times have she given me that glare again?  I have about ten thousand memories of them documented in my head, yet I still find each new one just as amusing.  What is it about her really?  

"Only dancing?  Till 11.30??"

Alright Kai, what do we say to kids during times like these again?

“Hmm… what did we do again Seul?”  I ask, smiling secretively as I rest my chin on my knuckles. 

“What?  We danced, Jongguk, that’s it.”  She says, nodding her head convincingly. 

“That’s it?”  Jongguk says doubtfully.  “Did you two go somewhere else?” 

“Go somewhere?  Of course not!  Where would we go?”  Iseul says, laughing.

“I don’t know… Lotte World?”

“LOTTE WORLD?!”  Iseul spits, bursting out in laughter.  “Jongguk, do you think your appa owns Lotte World?!  It’s probably closed already!”

“But they open till late!”  Jongguk points out stubbornly, crossing his arms while looking directly at me.  I only stare at him in amazement.  Boy, I never knew my son was an Olympic athlete for jumping into conclusions!

“How do you know what time they open to, Guk?”  Iseul asks.

“In Kim Bok Joo they were there till late right??”  Jongguk shoots back. 

“You see?  You see?”  I in, pointing at Jongguk.  “Your weird Korean dramas are taking a toll on him!” 

“Yah!  They’re not weird!  Bok Joo and Joonhyung are toootally the cutest couple ever!!“

“I don’t care.” I say, sticking out my tongue. 

“Yes you do.”  Iseul grins, a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes.  “You were totally jealous over Nam Joohyuk, aka Joonhyung when you saw all the hearts I drew around his name!!”

“What?”  I snort.  She’s really gonna bring that up?

“Righhtt?  Right right right right riiiight?”  Iseul sings, wriggling a finger at me. 

“Wrong.”  I answer, wriggling my eyebrows at Jongguk with a smug smile.  Jongguk nods excitedly with a large grin on his face. 

“Aish, your dad is impossible Jongguk.”  Iseul groans, throwing her hands up in the air.  “Bottom line is, we didn’t do anything.  We just danced about 20 songs, then we went home!”

“We didn’t do anything huh?” I echo, smiling suggestively.

“Mmhm, we didn’t.”  Iseul says, smiling back albeit with a look in her eyes that say ‘drop it NOW’.   That’s another thing about her.  With Iseul, her eyes do 50% of the talking.  That’s why she’s so interesting to watch— in her head, she probably never shuts up. 

Resting my chin on my palm, I watch her as she tries to convince Jongguk that we really didn’t go anywhere yesterday.  Then she’s trying to get Jongguk to just hurry up and finish his food because it’s time for them to leave for school already, and now she’s groaning and nagging Jongguk for splashing some milk on his uniform.  I’m silently absorbing every single detail about her like a sponge— the facial expressions she makes, her eyebrow movements, the way her eyes bulge out… because, God, this girl is… she’s so alive.  So animated.  There’s never a dull moment of her.  I could sit here and watch her all day.

“You did what yesterday?!”  She asks, her pitch escalating.  “God, I’m gonna kill her!”

See?  Now she’s talking about killing someone.  Get you a girl that can do both, huh?

“How much did you drink yesterday?!” 

Wait, who drank?  And drank what, exactly?

“Just a glass, maybe!”  Jongguk answers, puffing his chest proudly.  “We ate it with cheese too!”

“That girl is insane!  Yah Kai, did you… uh, were you staring at me the whole time?” She asks, only realizing it now.

I blink and quickly lift my chin up.  “Of course not!”

She narrows her eyes doubtfully for a split second but recovers quickly.  “Did you hear what your son just said?”

“He… he ate it with cheese?”  I try, reciting the only line of dialogue I fully caught.

Iseul looks at me in amazement.  “You heard what he said and you’re okay with that?  Kai, this little under aged guy here drank wine yesterday!”

“What?!” I look at Jongguk, who’s smiling sheepishly at me. 

“Jae noona gave it to me!”

I turn to Iseul.  “Your sister gave it to him?!  Dude, is she okay?”

“I don’t know!”  Iseul groans.  “Why did you even think of handing Jongguk to her yesterday?  I told you she’s not good with kids!”

“She’s fun!  Don’t worry, we had fun!”  Jongguk gives us both a thumbs up.

“No, little guy, you had wine.”  Iseul semi-glares at him.  “That’s not the same thing.” 

“How much did you have, Jongguk?”  I ask. 

“Maybe a glass?  Don’t know!”  Jongguk sings, shrugging. 

“Do you feel okay?”  Iseul asks, shaking him a little.  “Like, are you a little dizzy or disoriented… or does your tummy hurt…”

Jongguk makes a thoughtful face and he starts rubbing the back of his head, and for a second I actually think that he’s going to say yes and admit that the wine wasn’t good for him but instead—

“I’m sleepy.  I think I need to go back to bed.”

Iseul slams both her hands on the table and stands up.  “That’s it.  Let’s go to school Jongguk!  You’re nearly late!”

“Aish... wait!”  Jongguk takes the cereal bowl in his hands and lifts it to drink all the remaining milk in one go.  With a satisfied sigh and newly formed milk moustache, he hops down the chair and rushes off somewhere.  Oh, he’s going to the bathroom.

Aha!  He’s gone!  Now alone, I motion for Iseul to sit down again with my most innocent smile on. 

“What?!”  Iseul hisses, but I can see that this smile I’m giving is charming its way into her.

“Sit down and company me eat.”  I say, still smiling (charmingly). 

“Eat what?  You haven’t even prepared any food!”  Iseul points out to the darn nothingness on the table.  Damn, woman’s got a point.

“Fine then, sit down and company me sit!” I try again, patting the seat next to me. 

“What do you want, Kai?”  Iseul eyes me suspiciously but complies anyway.  She walks around the table and sits on the edge of the seat next to me tentatively.  “Did you do something?”

I look at her cluelessly.  “No, why?”

“Because you’re acting all cute and—“ she freezes, probably wondering why the hell did she let that slip.  I grin.  Iseul ignores me and clears , resuming like she never paused.  “—all.  Which makes me wonder, did you do something wrong?”

Maybe?  Like… last night in bed?

But she doesn’t have to know.  Hehe.

“I didn’t.”  I shake my head, blinking innocently.  “I just want you to come sit here beside me.” 

“Why?” She asks, and goddamn is this woman an idiot or what.  Do you really need to ask why when guys do stuff like this?  Isn’t it clear why?!  But I have to say though, that’s a good question.  Just why the heck are you doing something ridiculous like this, Kim mothering Jongin? 

One glance at her and her rosy lips answers it all.

Not that I’m going to admit it to her.

“Because I just want to waste your time.”  I say, cackling evilly.  “Okay, you can go now.”

YOU CAN GO NOW??  WHAT THE , KAI?!   WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!! 

Apparently Iseul was thinking the same thing. 

“YOU CAN GO NOW?!”  She roars, her face priceless.  “I’d like to have the last two minutes of my life that you just wasted back, please!” 

I quickly lean in and drop a gentle kiss on her lips.  I can’t help it.  I can’t, I can’t, I can’t.  I can’t help myself when it comes to this girl. 

“Will that make up for it?”  I murmur, softly kissing her again.  I’m not kidding, I really can’t stop myself… God, I can’t.

“M-maybe.” Iseul stutters, her voice faraway and breathless.   Our eyes lock for a second, and she slowly parts her lips again but suddenly—

“Bye appa!”  Jongguk calls, not two seconds later.  “Come on noona let’s goooo!  Let’s goooo!!  My spelling test is in the morning!!” 

“.”  Iseul curses, jumping up.  She bites her lip apologetically before rushing off to the pantry to get what I assume would be Jongguk’s lunch.  I sigh and rub my face, watching all the commotion take place before me.

“Wait!  Wait!”  Iseul comes running over with Jongguk’s lunchbox and bag in her hands, trying to fit it inside.   “Do you have everything already?”

“Yes!  Let’s go!” 

“Where’s the folder with your art project?” 

“In my bag already.  Let’s go!”

“Okay okay!  Say bye to your appa first!”  Iseul says cocking her head towards me. 

“Bye appa!”  Jongguk waves for the second time.  “I’m really leaving now!”

“Bye.”  I say, waving back.  “Yah, aren’t you going to say bye to me too?”  I say to Iseul, joking.

“Me?”  She makes a face.  “Not today!” 

With that, they leave. 

I sigh softly to myself and look around, aware of how empty it seems now.  Then I take my phone out and go to my inbox, finding the message from last night.

But in case you don’t—it’s me.  This is Mark Tuan.

I graze my thumb over the screen indecisively, debating on whether I should respond to this or not.  I haven’t answered.  I could just never reply and make him think that he’s got the wrong number or something.   Or I could just block him.  Besides, there’s no guarantee that this is really Mark too.  It could be someone else…

But who would pretend to be Mark?  Why would anyone pretend to be him?

And the real question— how did he get my number?  Has Iseul ever called or texted me from his phone?  I don’t think so.  Apart from that, there’s really no way he could’ve—

Wait. 

Unless Victoria still has it…

Because the thing is, I’ve held on to this number for quite a while.   

This is my real number. 

In my line of work I’ve used various digits, many of them one-time disposable numbers on disposable phones that can be made sure to leave zero trace.  I use them when I call someone to obtain information.  Make deals.  Order McDonald’s delivery.  All the stuff where I can’t leave any trace. 

But for the real stuff, like calling my hyungs (and Sehun), our brothers in China, Sooman, and now Iseul, and for daddy duties like filling out Jongguk’s parental contact info, this is the number I use.   This is the number only a selected few has. 

This is the number Vic had.  Or has, apparently.

Why would she keep it?

I realize that I’m getting ahead of myself, because this might not even really be Mark… but then again… who else would it be?  But if it is Mark, what does he want?!  Is this about Iseul?  Or—

Oh.

Oh.

Is this about Jongguk?

Is this an upcoming child custody battle?

Before hesitating again, I press call.  The curiosity is eating me up.  I need to know who this is.

“Hello?”  A voice greets me on the other end, sounding wary and cautious.  But yes.  This is Mark’s voice, no mistake.

“Mark?” I say, cold and emotionless.  My natural state.  My business voice. 

Mark is silent for a while.  “Kai.”

“How did you get my number?”

I hear Mark scoff lightly.  “How else, brother-in-law?”

Hearing him call me that made certain part of me snap.  “Don’t call me that.  You know we never got married.” I say, referring to my previous status with Vic, his sister.  It’s true.  We got engaged, and we were about to get married but she left before it all happened.

Not that I’m complaining.

Mark laughs humorlessly.  “You admit it then?  So I guess it’s true?  , I’m really having a hard time believing this.”

“Since when did you know?” I ask. 

“Since I realized it was you.  Since when did you know?”

“Since I realized it was you.”  I answer, giving it the way he wants to play it. 

“Touché.”  Mark acknowledges.  “Vic and I do look similar, don’t we?  Is that why you’re always such an to me?”

“You’d know about being one.”  I mutter.  “Why do you want to meet?”

“I’ll tell you when we meet.”

“I never said I wanted to meet you.” 

“Well, best off if you did.  We’ve got a lot to talk about.”

“Are we going to fight over a girl or child custody?  Either way, I’m not letting you win any.”                                                                                                                         

 “Thunderbird, Yeonsa-dong at 1.”  Mark says instead.  “Let’s talk there.”

“Why should I go?” 

“Because I’ll be waiting.”  Mark replies.  “Till later, Kai.”

The line disconnects. 

I stare at the phone in my hand.  Just who is this guy, really?  Does he have any connection to the underground society?  Does he have any idea who I am?

.  He probably does.  Vic must’ve told him. 

I groan out loud and run my fingers through my hair, deeply conflicted.  What the hell should I do?  Why does Iseul have to know this guy?!  My life would be a thousand times more peaceful without him in it.  Hers too, right? 

Getting up, I decide to run a background check on Mark first before anything else.  I head to my room and turn my laptop on, fingers twitching with anticipation.  Normally I’d get Chanyeol to help me with this, but I’m not sure he fully functions before 10 in the morning, so I quickly access the government database and type in the name Mark Tuan myself.  Immediately several people come up, and I scroll, looking for the face I had in mind.

Ah.  Found him. 

I read through his profile, containing regular, general information about him.  Hmm, his police record doesn’t show anything out of the ordinary… clean kid, apparently. 

Then, accessing HOC’s specially built program for similar purposes, I type in the same name.  The government database provides me with general information about him, but his affiliation with the underground society doesn’t show up there.  If any, it’ll show up here.  I wait as the result loads, but in the end, I get nothing. 

Several Marks, but none with his picture.  He’s not in there.  He’s not one of us. 

I sigh and stare at the negative results for a while.  That’s a good thing, I guess.  He’s not dangerous. 

So should I meet him?  What the does he want?

A part of me knows that I’ll just die of curiosity if I don’t, at this rate. 

So I guess… I will.

ISEUL’S POV

“You’re crazy!”  I tell Jae, pointing at her accusingly.  “How could you give Jongguk wine?!  I thought you bought a load of kid food already!” 

Yep, I’m at Jae’s right now—partly to pick up all the stuff I brought here yesterday, and partly to yell at her for being so dumb.  I mean, who with a fully functioning brain would give wine to a 6-year-old child?!

“He kept on asking for it!  I only gave him a little!”  Jae says, rubbing her eyes.  

“Jongguk told me you gave him a glass!  A glass is quite plenty, for your information!”

“What?!  That little er!  It couldn’t have been a glass, I swear!  I’m not that stupid!”

“Well, you know Jae…” I trail off, looking around for the cap of my concealer stick.  Damn, did it dry off already?  “…when it comes to wine, one glass and one bottle might come off the same to you.”

“But I swear, Seul, I didn’t give him a whole glass!  You know how much I love wine right?  Why would I share that much with someone who wouldn’t be able to appreciate the taste?!  And a kid, at that.  A choding!  For ’s sake, I had wine with cheese slices yesterday!”

I burst out laughing at that.  “I think your life has hit a new low, dear sister.”

“Don’t call me dear if you’re just going to give me an existential crisis, .” 

I laugh again.  “I was just trying to soften the blow.” 

“Thanks for being so considerate.”  Jae says sarcastically.  “You can kindly tell that boss of yours not to go put his kid anywhere within a ten kilometer radius around me now!” 

“Pretty sure he has lesson after hearing about what you did to his son last night, but I’ll do it just in case.”  I say, nodding. 

“Jongguk told his dad too?!”  Jae makes a face.  “Are all kids usually this tattle-taily?”

“Of course he was going to tell his dad, Jae, what do you expect?”

“I thought he was just going to forget about it after he slept or something.”  Jae grumbles.  “By the way, how did it go with Mr Kim yesterday?  Did my dongsaeng do anything worth mentioning?”

Dammit.  Is this the part where I tell her everything?

I stall for a few seconds by busying myself with my curling iron, pretending not to hear her.  Lalalala—

“Yah!  You better spill now or else!!”  Jae raises a fist threateningly. 

“Or else what?  What if nothing happened last night?”

“Pfft, not a chance.”  Jae snorts.  “Not when he was looking at you like you were the last thing he would ever see again yesterday.”

My heart does that little jumping thing when Jae puts it that way.  Did he?  Did he really look at me like that?

“When did he even look at me like that?”  I mutter.  “You’re exaggerating.”

“Hello??  On the front door, remember?!  Even a blind cow could’ve seen that!”

“Does that mean you’re a blind cow?”  I joke, trying desperately to divert the conversation.

“Yah, don’t even think of trying to change the topic.  I want to hear what happened last night.”  Jae gives me a solid, intimidating glare, and I sigh, accepting the fact that there is no escape now.

“What?”  I ask back.  “We just danced and all.  Nothing special.”

Lies!  Lies lies lies lies—

“Did you guys kiss?” 

I’m about to say no right away, but my conscience gets in my way and for a moment I hesitate, wondering if it’ll be better to tell Jae the truth.  And that’s how Jae knew. 

“You guys did, didn’t you?”  Jae gasps, covering .  I hang my head and shake it vigorously, frustrated at how the mere mention of the kiss gets me going. 

“Oh my God!!”  Jae shrieks, kicking her legs around on her bed.  “So??  How did it go?  How did it feel?”

At this point, there’s no point trying to deny anything anymore.  The longer I hold back information, the harder Jae will torture it out of me.  So this calls for Plan B:  downplay everything!

“Just like any other kiss.”  I say, trying my best to sound nonchalant.  Although we both know that it’s only a matter of seconds before I explode into a giggly, fangirling mess, right?

“Liar!”

“Seriously, we just kissed because like—because of the atmosphere, you know?  We were slow dancing, so it was already a given that we would eventually kiss, right?” I continue, every word the opposite of how I actually felt last night. 

“Well, I guess you’re right.”  Jae says, sighing a bit.  “Too bad, I was actually looking forward to hear about how it felt when he kissed you.”

“Yeah.”  I say, nodding somberly.  Play along, play along!  Fake it till you make it, that’s how I live.

“I mean, those lips!  Have you seen those lips?!  Damn, I’d give anything to know how they taste like.”  Jae continues, sighing.  My head snaps up.  Excuse this ?! 

“I guess I’ll have to find out for myself one day?”

THAT’S IT!!

“YAH!!!!”  I yell, slamming my hairdryer down a bit too hard.  I wince.  “.”

Jae snickers.  “Cut the crap, Iseul.  Tell unnie how last night really felt like.”

“Why?  Why do you want to know huh??  Are you seriously interested in him?!”

“Maybe?”  Jae winks, shrugging playfully.

“Yah Jaeeeee!!”  I whine, unable to stop myself.  He’s mine!!  Mine, mine, mine, all mine!!

“What?”

“You’re so annoying!”  I yell childishly, crossing my eyebrows.  Urgh!

“Why?”

I sulk, unable to say the words I really wanted to say.  “Because you are.”  I say at last.

Jae bursts out laughing.  “And you’re so stupid!”  she says brightly.  “You didn’t think I was really interested in him, did you?”

“You’re not?!  HOW WOULD I KNOW?!”

“Of course not, idiot!  He’s not my type, and I don’t do younger guys, remember?  I was just trying to get to you, and I did!  So now stop acting like nothing much happened yesterday and just tell me everything!!”  Jae hops down from the bed.  “Come on!  Girls’ talk time girls’ talk!”

I laugh helplessly.  “What?  It’s true nothing much happened yesterday.  We just… you know…”

“Well, how was it?”  Jae asks, budging closer. 

“It was… He was…”

“Amazing?  Perfect?  -dropping?  All three?”

“He was… everything.”  I say, almost in a whisper.  “He was so gentle last night, so sweet and he knows all the right things to say, and every time he opens his mouth I just can’t help but swoon—“

“Wait, when he opens his mouth to kiss you or speak?” 

“Well… both.”  I admit, blushing.  “And his eyes, God, his eyes, and the way he just… looked at me last night, and the way he makes me feel every time he touches me—oh my God, Jae.  Oh my God, this could kill me.  My heart can’t even beat properly around him.  It’s always a series of hops or skips or ultra-hard pounding… I’ve got it so bad.  Dammit, I’ve got it so bad.” 

Jae is only looking at me silently, a small smile hanging loose on her lips.  I don’t know what exactly she’s thinking, but I’ve got quite a good idea of it.  She’s probably planning out various ways to drag me to the mental hospital.  Or maybe she’s going, “wow, what a moron!”

“He makes me so nervous.”  I say.  “Like my heart leaps into my throat every time we come in contact.  Like, when we were dancing.  His hands on my waist.  They’re just resting there, but they’re sending electricity throughout my body.  I can’t describe it.  The feeling—the feeling is just too… big.  It’s so huge and consuming, I feel like I could hold the universe in it.  Aaaaah Jae, what do I do??”

“Well, how are you guys dealing with this?”

“We’re taking it slow.”  I say, blushing a bit more.  Referring to Kai and me in first person plural still gets me giddy every time!  “To make sure we… don’t regret anything, you know?”

“Taking it slow means…?”

“To be completely honest,”  I start, “I don’t entirely know either.”

“So I’m guessing it’s that relationship-non-relationship kind of thing then?”  Jae asks.  “More than friends, less than lovers, that kinda thing?”

“Well… I guess you could call it that.”  I feel the heat creep back to my cheeks.

Jae claps loudly and whistles.  “Out of all 7 billion people, 4 billion males, 50 million living in South Korea right now… it just had to be a mobster.  A pretty darn dangerous and powerful one, at that.  Way to go, Iseul!  Are you sure you can handle it?”

“We’re not in a relationship or anything, so I’m not going to think about that now.”  I say crossly.  “We’re just going to let it flow!”

Jae looks at me doubtfully for a couple of seconds, but the look vanishes right after.  She smiles and squeezes my arm.  “Let’s just hope this flow of yours doesn’t end up at the edge of a waterfall.”

KAI’S POV

“Why do we have to come again?”  Baekhyun whines for the tenth time already.  “I want to go home and play my PS4 again!”

“Seriously Baek?  You were at it for 7 hours straight the other day!”  Suho says.  “You’re gonna go blind!”

“Even then, I’ll probably still kick your at GTA.”  Baekhyun snickers, causing Suho to thwack him. 

“Yah honestly!  We’re in the middle of a ing sidewalk, can’t you guys behave a little?!”  D.O. yells, turning around to shoot them a look.

“But mooom,”  Baekhyun pouts childishly.  I swear!  This guy is a weenie trapped in an adult man’s body!

“This is chaos.  Your so-called spying undercover plan is never going to work with these people around.”  Sehun mutters, adjusting his shades.  “Next thing you know there’s a gunshot and people are screaming murder because Baekhyun decides to do it for fun.”

I hold in a groan.  Sehun is right.  This, people, is the product of bringing my boys along for my meeting with Mark.  Just because I thought it’d be better to have back-up to spy on Mark and the surrounding, just in case.  Hey, who knows why he asked to meet at Thunderbird right?  Could be a place his gang frequents— if he’s in a gang, that is.  Which we don’t know.  Which is why that’s another thing we have to find out.  Which is why I’m bringing these guys along, even if they give me a migraine. 

“But hey, at least you got back-up, right?  Let’s take this er down once and for all, man!”  Sehun exclaims, rubbing his hands together gleefully.

“We’re not taking any er down today!”  I remind him, looking at Baek too to make sure he understands.  “We’re just going to observe and collect information.  If he’s dangerous, then we take him down.”

“He’s an , isn’t that enough reason to take him down already?”  Baekhyun asks, slinging an arm around my shoulder.  I shrug it off.

“I bet for Kai it’s enough already, but Iseul will go ballistic when she find out what he’s done.” D.O. says knowingly, smiling.  “And Kai wouldn’t want that, would he?”

“OH!  Speaking of Iseul…” Baekhyun begins, grinning cheekily.

I immediately spin around to look at him.  “YAH!  Shut up!”

“What?  What?  What is it Baek?”  Sehun asks, looking interested suddenly.  “What did they— OOOOH!!”

“YAH!  You don’t even know !”  I say, shoving Sehun’s shoulder.

“What the— did you guys… do it?” D.O. asks, his eyes bulging.

“What it?!” I ask crossly.  “Seriously, don’t listen to Baek.  He didn’t see anything.”

“OoOoooOH so something happened when I wasn’t around, huh?”  Baek asks, and I slap my forehead at my stupid choice of words. 

“That’s not what I meant!  What I’m trying to say is… nothing happened okay?  What you saw was nothing, and then afterwards nothing happened either.”  I explain, waving my hands around.

“But what did Baek see yesterday?”  Suho asks, and of course Baekhyun isn’t going to let anything stop him from answering.

“Oh… nothing.”  He flickers his eyes at me.  “Just Kai undressing Iseul in the middle of the living room yesterday.” 

“!”  Chanyeol chokes on the can of root beer he’s drinking.  A group of ahjummas immediately turn to look at us, but Chanyeol doesn’t eve notice.  “, Kai, what if Jongguk walks out?!  What if Baekhyun walks in?!”

“I did!”  Baekhyun says, smiling smugly.

“You don’t understand!  I was just helping her her dress yesterday!  We weren’t about to do anything, you filthy minded people.”  I mutter, glaring at Baekhyun.  “She couldn’t reach the zipper of her dress, so she asked me to help her with it—and it was her idea, mind you—and we were halfway through it when this little son of a here walked in.”

“What if Baek hadn’t walked i

Please log in to read the full chapter