Back In Five! (Or Maybe Ten)

Back In Five! (Or Maybe Ten)
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

 

“There,” Baekhyun said, taking a step back to admire his latest phallic masterpiece from a different angle. It was half past seven on a Saturday morning, and there was no one in the shop yet; he’d always loved this time of day the most, when he could put the finishing touches on his creations without any interruptions from pesky customers or the phone ringing a thousand times in the background.

 

“Can I sprinkle the pubes on yet..?” said a deep voice coming from somewhere behind him; Baekhyun felt his insides melt like butter at the sound.

 

He smiled to himself and turned around to find Chanyeol standing there, grinning goofily at him; he was holding a bowl of dark chocolate shavings he’d just prepared. Since they’d started dating, Baekhyun sometimes had Chanyeol in the shop on Saturdays to help him and his assistant baker Yixing – although Chanyeol 'helping' usually just meant he got to all the batter-covered utensils before putting them in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

 

“Isn't it beautiful?” Baekhyun cooed at the -shaped monstrosity on the counter in front of him. “It's for a bachelorette party.”

 

Chanyeol looked at the cake; Baekhyun had decorated it with a pink ribbon made out of fondant, which was 'tied' around the head. A trail of sugar pearls coming out of the top ran down along the shaft, arranging themselves into the words ‘HAPPY HENS NIGHT, TIFFANY!’

 

“Well,” Chanyeol said hesitantly, “it’s certainly unique..”

 

“Why, thank you,” Baekhyun replied, looking pleased as punch. Chanyeol hadn’t exactly meant it as a compliment, but Baekhyun didn’t seem bothered by this; he took the bowl from Chanyeol’s hands and sprinkled a pinch of chocolate shavings lightly onto the cake. “I've been very inspired lately,” he said, humming as he worked. “I’ll just put it that way.”

 

“By what?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun looked up from the cake, smiling that infuriating smile that always meant he knew something Chanyeol didn’t. “You,” he said.

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun blankly. “Me..?”

 

“Uh-huh… you're my number one muse, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun replied. Very carefully, he lifted the cake from the counter and placed it inside a fresh cake box; taking one last fond look at it, he gently closed the lid, sliding the box to the far end of the counter, where several other finished cakes were awaiting collection.

 

Chanyeol pointed at the box with a shaking finger. “So that was my—”

 

“Yes, it was. I'm sharing your pretty little winkie with the world,” Baekhyun said, and then as an afterthought he added, “not that it’s little, mind you..” He a bit of frosting off his fingers and walked over to the sink to wash his hands, chuckling to himself as he did so.

 

“What have you been doing?” Chanyeol asked, horrified. “Taking secret nudes of me while I’m asleep..?”

 

“I don't need to,” Baekhyun said casually; he began to lather his pretty hands up with pink antibacterial soap from the dispenser next to the sink. “I have a very, very good visual memory, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol felt a bit sick at the thought. “Who were your creations 'inspired' by previously?” he asked, although he wasn’t sure he really wanted to know; Baekhyun’s conquests prior to their relationship had never really come up in conversation.

 

Baekhyun laughed softly and shook his hands in the sink to get the excess water off them. “Silly baby,” he sighed. “I thought that much was obvious..”

 

Chanyeol's eyebrows shot up. “You..?”

 

Baekhyun only laughed and shook his head. “Of course, dummy... I’ve seen it every day of my life for the past twenty-six years, so I know damn well what it looks like by now. Who else would I use..?”

 

“So... Jongdae’s cake...” Chanyeol said slowly, “that was yours..?”

 

Baekhyun was too busy pulling a freshly baked chocolate sponge from the oven to reply at first; he pierced the cake with a metal skewer, checking to see if it came out clean. “It sure was,” he said at last.

 

“So in other words, I let my friends eat a cake shaped like my boyfriend's ,” Chanyeol said, his lips pressed into a thin line. “I am so not comfortable with that, just so you know..”

 

Baekhyun shrugged. He wiped the skewer on his apron before chucking it into the sink with a clatter. “They wouldn’t even have known it was modeled after my , Chanyeol. Anyway, it was only a cake.”

 

“A very realistic one,” Chanyeol grumbled. “A little too realistic, some might say.”

 

“Well, it could have been worse… you could have given Jongdae a cake model of my with 'I'M YOURS' written on it instead,” Baekhyun replied, giggling a little at the thought. “I’m sure that would have gone down a treat..”

 

Chanyeol sighed and leaned against the counter; he looked on in silence while Baekhyun bustled ar

Please log in to read the full chapter