Forgiven

Happiness, Memories, and Pain

Part III/III

 

It’s another day of packed schedule for Yifan. Just for today, he has an interview with a local magazine, another interview for a national TV, script reading for his newest upcoming movie, a movie premiere, and a rehearsal for an annual event in Beijing. It seems to be a lot, but it’s just the way he lives his life now. The lawsuit with his previous company in South Korea ended a year ago and he is satisfied with the result. Everything is going on the right track for him, except for his private relationship with his girlfriend. He was in a few relationships over the year, and most of them didn’t last very long. He now realizes that it’s hard to find someone that can adjust to his hectic schedules, and he decides to stay out of relationship for some time. . . and maybe that one girl from the past will be back.

 

“Yifan, let’s get going.” His manager tells him as he tries to pull him trough the crowd.

 

He tries to look at each fan that he sees, and tries to ignore their flashing camera lights that is starting to irritate his eyes. He knows his manager literally drag him out of the venue but he just couldn’t walk pass his fans without bowing or smiling since they are the reason why he is able to live his dreams.

 

They finally get to the waiting room after ten minutes, leaving the security to deal with the screaming fans. He immediately flops on the couch as he exhales a long sigh. He is beyond exhausted but the time is not or ever will be on his side, the clock will keep on moving no matter how bad he wants it to stop. The manager tells him he has an hour break before moving on to another schedule, and he gets the urge to just storm the hell out from the building and enjoys the fresh air for once but his team wouldn’t let him to. So he says he is going to the bathroom instead as he snatched a hoodie from the stylist and wear it on his way out.

 

~-*-~

 

The weather is really nice today when he is not surrounded by people and four sided walls. The sun is out, the weather is warm, and the chill breeze is blowing every once in a while. Now that he is out, he isn’t sure where he is going. He keeps walking and walking until he stops in front of a coffee shop. He remembers passing trough the street a few times but he doesn’t recall ever seen this coffee shop before.

 

He looks trough the menu book that they placed in front of the door first before going, and that’s when he sees her.

 

You are sitting inside that shop, with your hair tucked behind your ear as you flipping trough a magazine. The first thought that comes to his mind is what are you doing here. He must admit that you look happy. . . a lot happier than the last time he saw you.

 

He is hesitating at first whether he should walk in or not. He’s not sure how you would react after seeing him but he wants to talk to you so badly. Even just a simple hello would do fine. It has been six years, and he is hoping everything will go back to normal again.

 

You’re enjoying your iced macchiato in this sunny day in a little coffee shop that you accidentally found while strolling around the city, and it has been your favorite spot ever since. The coffee shop is quiet and there are not a lot of people around, so you can hear the footsteps coming behind you.

 

And there he stands in front of you. The bitter feeling you once had is gone, and it’s like seeing an old friend. After all the years he still looks the same, you can’t point a single different thing about him except for his hair is back to its natural hair color. Even the way he calls your name is still the same.

 

“Yifan.” You whisper, being cautious not to draw any attention. He is a big star in China after all. “Hello.” You smile.

 

“Hey, how are you?” He asks.

 

“I’m great.” You reply as you tell him to sit. “And you? How’s life?”

 

“Busy.” He answers simply. “So what brings you here?” He looks at your deep dark eyes as the questions falls out of his lips.

 

“Um. . . I’ve been here for two months now.” You explain, not sure whether you should reveal everything at this moment.

 

“So. . .” Yifan hesitates as you notice that the habit of playing with his ring when he’s nervous hasn’t change.

 

“So?” You raise an eyebrow.

 

“Have you forgiven me yet?” He whispers slightly, feeling like a jerk as soon as he says it.

 

“For what—Oh. . .” You lean back as you cross your arms together. “Yeah, I have.” You say almost proudly. “It’s all in the past now.”

 

Yifan smiles, relieves that he got what he wanted. “So do you mind introducing me to this little lady right here?” He asks, referring to the little girl sitting beside you.

 

“Oh, I forgot!” You chuckle as you take her on your lap. “This is my daughter.”

 

“Your. . . daughter?”

 

“Yes.” You assure him. “Why? You think I can’t be a mother?”

 

He always thinks you would be a great mother, but he never imagined that you would be a mother to someone else’s child. “That’s not what I meant.” He tries to control his expression as he carefully looks at your daughter’s face while she is busy with the snacks you gave her. “She looks like you.”

 

“Really? You think so?”

 

“She really does.” She got your eyes and your nose, and it’s exactly what he had in his imaginary scenario inside his head when both of you are married and having kids together. “How old is she? So you’re married?”

 

“She e last year.” You reply, taken aback with his sudden questions. “And yes, I am. We got married two years ago.”

 

“And how is he?” He asks, he wants to know what kind of guy you end up with while some part of him is desperate to know the guy that took his place if he didn’t mess up.

 

“He’s great. He’s working here so that why we’re moving.” Your husband is no movie star or a superstar, but he has been a great husband and father. And most importantly, he makes you happy. You notice from his expression and gestures that he seems to be a little hurting inside. You never thought it’s possible that he still thinks it would be him and you at the end. “Uh, we have to go.” You say to him after looking at the time

 

“Ah, okay.” He stands up, trying his best to smile. “It’s really nice seeing you again.”

 

“It’s nice meeting you again, Yifan.”


“Mommy. . .” Your daughter tugs on your dress as she raise her arms, asking you to pick her up.

 

You smile apologetically to her as you continue, “I can’t sweetheart. . . I’m sorry. Remember there is a little baby inside my tummy?” You’re kneeling down to put on her jacket.

 

“You’re pregnant?” Yifan asks, after he heard you.

 

“Yes.” You stand up and you take your daughter’s hand.


“Wow. . .” He seems surprised, and you couldn’t tell if it was in a bad or good way. “Congratulations.”

 

“Thank you, Yifan.” You smile as grab your jacket and put it around your arm. “Well, now I have to go. Bye.”

 

“Goodbye.” He waves at you as he watches you and your daughter walks away.

 

He got his forgiveness but now he knows what he needed to move on with your life was not that at all. He needed to know whether it was possible to try again or not. Now he knows the answer, and he too will try to find his own happiness that he once ruined.

 

 

 

 

~-*-~

You guys will hate me for this ending *hides*. But this is the ending, sadly :( I know that some of you are hoping for a happy ending, but I just can’t end it that way since it is an angst, I’m really sorry. I know it’s possible to have a happy ending in angst but I personally don’t think the relationship would work after you’re getting back with someone that cheated on you. I’ve been there before and it was not pretty.

 

So that’s it for the personal rant! Thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and also thank you soooo much for leaving comments. I hope you have a pretty awesome and wonderful day.