The Deal...

Pineapple Kiss

Chapter 4: The Deal...


It was about around eleven o ‘clock at night. Sumin was focusing on making her plan a success, she’ll gather up all of her courage and talk to Jongin tomorrow after school. Finishing up at her plan, Sumin yawned and she knew she wouldn’t be able to stay up any longer. Packing away the plan, she got herself ready for bed. Slipping her slippers off, she got into her bed.

It was morning, and Sumin and groaned inwards, as she heard her alarm. She didn’t want to leave her warm bed. Sumin knew she had to or she’ll be late for the bus. Counting to three, she jumped up from her bed, and walked to the washroom to get ready.

Once finished eating her breakfast, which consist of eggrolls, soup, and a small bowl of rice, she packed her lunch that was on the counter into her bag. Grabbing her jacket and her backpack, she putted her shoes on. Once she was ready to go, she opened the front door, and went to the bus stop.

---

It was first block of the day, and Sumin had Physical Education, she never liked physical activities. Sumin believes she is too unfit for it, and hates putting effort into this course. Nonetheless, she needs this course to graduate high school, so therefore she is forced against her will to take this class.

“Today we’ll be playing soccer, and I’ll be choosing your teams,” Ms. Kim, the gym teacher spoke loudly to the whole class, who was gather in the gymnasium.

“Daeha, Sooji, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Sunghyo, Minho,” the teacher said, and this went on for two more groups, until Sumin’s name was called.

“Sumin, Jimin, Chunho, Sehun, Chiwon, Minju,” Ms. Kim said and the students divided into their groups.

Sumin could hear her heart banging against her chest rapidly. She was in Sehun’s group. She could feel herself smile, this was unexpected.

“You’re Sumin,” Sehun walked over to Sumin and started talking to her. Sumin didn’t know how to react and all she did was nod. She could feel her cheeks warming up from this encounter with her crush.

Sumin’s team was sitting on the bench waiting for their turn. She couldn’t concentrate, because Sehun was sitting beside her, and her poor soul was going to die, because of the closeness. She wished she could talk to him, and be friends then…

The field was bigger than what Sumin anticipated. How can she show off her athletic skills when everything seemed like a challenge? Sumin thought to herself, that she’ll at least get the ball once.

Taking her position as defense, she looked out for the ball. Occasionally, she’ll move up the field a little bit, but too scared to move any further. Her insecurities were getting to her again. It was something like a disease sticking to her, clinging hard to her and not letting go. Deep in her thoughts, and wishing she could change and talk to Sehun, she was hit by the soccer ball. With a hit in the head, Sumin fell face- plant onto the grass.   

Sumin didn’t know what to feel, all she could feel was embarrassment. She couldn’t do anything but dig her face deeper into the grass. The hit in the head didn’t hurt much but she felt the stares of people. She didn’t like it, she hated the attention.

“Are you okay?” someone asked. Sumin lifted her face and stared at the angel, who was Sehun. He had a hand out for her, and she felt grateful. Instead of taking his hand, she got up and ran. Her heart hammering in her chest, she could feel tears threaten to fall down her cheeks. She knew that second she had to cure her illness. This afternoon, she was determined to ask Jongin, she need this illness gone for good.

---

It was lunch, and Sumin went into the library to hide. She didn’t want people to look at her, even if they may have forgotten about the incident this morning. It was odd, even when she knows that her classmates had forgotten she still was scared to face them.

Sitting in the corner of the school library, Sumin grabbed her book out and started to doze off to fantasy world, where she could let her mind free. Today, she didn’t have the appetite to eat anything, even when she was always hungry.

Sumin took her phone, and texted her best friend that she wasn’t feeling well, and couldn’t hang out. In truth, Sumin wanted time alone; she didn’t want to let her best friend know that she was upset. She didn’t want to burden her friend with her problems. Even if these problems don’t seem serious to other people, it upsets Sumin, her insecurity overpowers her being, to let herself go.

---

It was last period of the day, math. Jongin was in all Sumin’s afternoon classes. Sumin slipped a note into his locker after lunch. She didn’t want to people to know she was going to talk to him in private and start thinking that something is going on. Sumin hoped Jongin read the note, or her plan would fail. It was something she doesn’t want.

“Let’s hope for the best,” Sumin murmured to herself once, the teacher informed the class it was work period. Where students would start chatting with their friends and get no work done. Sumin used this time to finish her homework as fast as she could, so she could keep her mind off the plan.

---

Sumin was nervous about asking Jongin, it didn’t settle well in her that she needed to ask for help. She didn’t let this thought, distort her courage. Gathering her things from her locker, Sumin then rushed to the back of the school, where the field was. Arriving there just on time, she waited.

It was five minutes, and Sumin was getting frustrated from waiting, she feel like she can curse out loud. Pacing around, she hoped Jongin saw the note and was going to come.

“Excuse me,” a husky voice came out of nowhere, “did you put this note in my locker?” Sumin almost fell to her bum, Jongin gave her a fright.

“Um…y-yeah,” Sumin muttered up all the courage and said.

“Ok,” he said and threw the note on the ground. Jongin thought it was another one of those silly confessions. He then started to walk, but he was amaze it was the girl who couldn’t even say a word to anyone.

“Wait,” Sumin spoke in her normal voice, and Jongin turned around. He could see that her face was all red. He felt like laughing.

“I don’t like you,” he smirked. Jongin saw Sumin shaking her head.

“No,” she said a bit louder while bitting her bottom lip.

“What do you want?” he said.

“I have a proposal,” she said, and she realize it sound wrong.

“Um…honey I don’t want to marry you, we’re both too young,” he laughed.

“No,” Sumin face palm herself, it was so difficult talking to him.

“Then what?” he asked and stared blankly at Sumin.

“I just want to know your ways,” she said.

“What ways?” Jongin curiously said.

“How you could be so carefree with people?” Sumin mubbled the last part, it was hard to talk to him.  

“Why do you want to know?” Jongin joked, and finally he was getting the idea.

“I want to cure my illness,” she said.

“What do I get in return?” he smirked while thinking of an idea.

“Anything,” Sumin blurted out before thinking.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Give me a kiss,” Jongin said and sure this would scare her off.

Sumin was dumbfounded, what did he just ask her? She couldn’t believe her ears, that words he just utter out. Jongin was the only one who could teach her, he was the best. Sumin had to learn from the best.

“Fine.” Sumin said, without warning Jongin closed the distance between them. Within seconds his lips were on hers, she didn’t know what to feel. The blood rushing to her head, and her palms sweating. Her heart pounding loudly against her ribcage, it was nerve-wracking.

Finally pulling away, Jongin decided this was going to be a fun deal.

“You taste like pineapple,” he said his lips, “meet me here tomorrow afterschool.”  


hi! updated :) hope you guys like it <3