The Crush...

Pineapple Kiss

Chapter 3: The Crush...


Sumin’s heart couldn’t stop racing, his face was so near hers. She couldn’t stop thinking about him, his eyes, and how they sparkled in the sunlight, that day when he held her from danger. Oh Sehun, held her in his arms. Sumin was bewildered by this fact, it was so unreal. It felt like a dream, Sumin didn’t know what she was feeling.

Oh Sehun was one of the top students in the campus, he was athletic, smart, and most of all these aspects were that he was kind-hearted. Students and teachers loved him; he also came from a wealthy family that owns several hotels in Seoul. Sumin can’t believe she was held in the arms of a prince.

“Lee Sumin,” the teacher called out. Sumin eyes widen, hearing her name.

“Here,” she said and raised her hand, just above her head. She could feel her cheeks heating up, by just a simple gesture. After the teacher was done with attendance class, the lesson of the day started. Sumin could feel tiredness, and she yawned. There was about 20 minutes before the first class ended.

It was second period, and Sumin was looking out the window, daydreaming about Sehun. She could feel herself liking Sehun. He looked so perfect, and Sumin could imagine him hugging her. She felt, his lean, muscular arm under his blazer and white dress shirt. His musk scent, drive her to the point of insanity. Her heart couldn’t take the reality of him holding her. It felt to dream like.

“Teacher, can I go to the washroom?” Jongin loudly ask the teacher, making Sumin snapped out of her thoughts.

“No,” the teacher said, and continued with the class.

“So I don’t have the rights to go to the washroom now,” Jongin said and glance back to his notebook. Sumin stared at him from the back corner. He was sitting adjacent from her by a couple of desk.  

Sumin’s gaze returned to the board and started scribbling down the notes she missed, when she was daydreaming about Oh Sehun, the prince of the school.

---

Sumin lay against a tree with her best friend by her side. It was lunch time, and Sumin had a lunchbox. There was rice, kimchi, eggrolls, and seaweed. It was a typical lunch for Sumin, when her mother was busy with work.

“Oh Sehun saved you,” Sumin’s best friend squealed, it was the most entertaining news she had heard all day.

“Yep,” Sumin said, and giggled.

“Someone has a crush,” Sooyoung nudged, Sumin.

“No…” Sumin glared at her best friend but she could feel her cheeks brighten up to a deep shade of red.

“Really?” Sooyoung raised her eyebrows.

“Yes,” Sumin looked down and didn’t dare to make eye contact with her best friend. Her best friend could detect whenever she is lying, just by looking into her eyes. She was scared that Sooyung would find out. Sumin never shared her secret crushes with her best friend, whenever the topic was brought up, Sumin would casually brush it off, and change the topic.

After they finish their lunches, both of the girls still had a few minutes to spare.

“Look,” Sooyoung elbowed Sumin, when she saw Sehun, the school’s prince.

Sumin followed Sooyoung’s finger with her eyes, and saw Sehun standing by the flower beds. Sumin knew Sehun was in the gardening club, where they would take care of the plants once spring started. Sumin never dared to join a club, she was too scared to. She wished she could sign up, and not feel scared or nervous about it, but every time she tired her insecurities would come attack her.

“I wish I could talk to him,” Sumin mumbled to herself quietly as the bell rang, marking the end of lunch.

 

---

It was the class Sumin hated and dreaded, math. Sumin always asked why it had to be the last thing of the day, and why it couldn’t be in the morning, so she could get it over with.  

“Solve for x,” the teacher pointed at the equation on the white board. Sumin stared at the equation she wrote down, her brain couldn’t process the information. The numbers and variables that appear were confusing her. It was scaring her; it felt like she was getting eaten up by the numbers.  

“It’s 5,” Jonging said without raising his hand, and the math teacher looked at him for some seconds.

“You’re right, Jongin,” the teacher said without a smile. Sumin could tell that the teacher didn’t enjoy Jongin’s presence.

Sumin could feel admiration for Jonging again; he was so blunt and could speak to anyone. He was someone she wanted to be like. It’ll be cool to be taught by him, Sumin thought. Maybe he has tricks and strategies for voicing out your opinions. Sumin thought about it, and she thought he maybe could get her out of her comfort zone, and finally speaks to Sehun.

With this idea in mind, Sumin strike up a plan and will gather the courage to talk to Jongin. 


hi! updated twice this week! hope you guys liked this chapter <3