The Past is Never Forgotten

New Romantics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho heard Shin Hye calling him so he turned and the next thing he felt was Shin Hye's arms around his neck holding tightly onto him. She was trembling and he got really worried. 'She was fine a minute ago.' He held her closer. "Oppa lets go home. Please I'm scared, get me out of here."

"Whats' wrong? I still have to pay for the food why don't you wait in the car."

''No he'll find me, he'll trap me just pay for it quickly."

"Who is looking for you? Who is going to trap you?"

"Oppa please don't ask, its not the right time!"

''Okay but you need to explain to me everything when we get home."

"I promise I will, just hurry up."

Min Ho wrapped his arm around her shoulder and used his other hand to push the cart he paid quickly and made his way back home.

All the while Geun Suk stood there motionless. "This what she meant when she said that I will get hurt even more if I found out the truth." '' I'm not going to give up, no matter what"

When they got home Min Ho dragged Shin Hye to the couch and sat in front of her."Talk"

Shin Hye looked up at him. 'Its time, Fighting.' "Well Lee Min Ho here is how my tragic love story started."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Years ago.........

Shin Hye sat under the shade of the tree. She put on her ear buds and began to listen to music. Music was her escape, a way to run away from the problems at home. Her sister Min Young was always doing what she pleases and all the responsibility would fall under her. While her sister would go out with friends to the club, she would have to stay at home listening to her father talk about business. Hhe told her that he wants her to work really hard at school and excell among the other students. He wanted her to learn as much as she can. He told her that she must never act like her sister, she must grow up to be a great leader, she will take over the company one day. She dreaded the future, she had dreams. She wants to be a singer. She wants to travel all over the world meeting fans, and having celebrities as friends. She knew the risk of having an arranged marriage so before her parents forced her into something like that, she wants to fall in love. She took out her notebook and wrote down her feelings and the thoughts in her mind. She secretly wrote songs, she hid the notebook whenever she was at home, scared at what her father would do when he found out about it. Her thoughts were cut off when she heard a melodious tune coming from the music room at school. It was somthing unlike she has heard before. The sound was sweet. No words were needed to accompany the song. She felt a surge of emotions. She felt the song speak to her, it was sad and almost painful to hear. She neared the window and thats when she first saw him, sitting there strumming at his guitar as he hummed along. He had fine hair. He had an aura of calmness suronding him. His voice was as sweet as honey. His face glistened as the sun shone on it. Her heart beated faster when he turned and looked at her, he flashed her the sweetest of smiles. Shin Hhy could feel herself blush, she tried to look away but it was impossible, his eyes were a whirlwind of emotions. They set on her gently. He stood up and made his way to the window. Shin Hye tried to move but her feet just stayed rooted to the ground. He stuck his head out of the window and streched out his hand. Shin Hye lifted hers and he grasped it. She felt an electric jolt run through her body. She looked down smiling shyly.

"Hi, and who might this be, having such breathtaking beauty. Have I found my Juliet?''

She met his eyes and her cheeks felt like they were on fire, she pulled her hand away. "Beauty? Your funny, my name is Shin Hye." She said flustered.

His smile grew wider. "What is a pretty girl like you doing looking through a window."

"Its.. just, you are very talented."

"Really? Thank you. See kids at this school do not know what real music is.''

Shin Hye laughed. "Are you discriminating us, you are in the school so wouldn't that mean you are also reffering to yourself."

"Well I'm new here, so no. I am in a band."

"Really? Your parents don't say anyhing."

"Of course not, they told me to follow my dreams"

"Your life must be awesome."

"Well..." His words were cut off when the bell rung.

"I got to go."

"Oh.. wait." He rushed to his bag and took out a card.

"Come by this place sometime, this is where my band performs."

She smiled. "I'll try."

"Nice to meet you Juliet." He picked up his bookbag and ran out of the room.

"Wait." But it was too late. "I didn't even get your name.'' She whispered.

****************

Shin Hye tossed and turned during the night. She had called her friends earlier on to ask them if they would go with her to the club. All of them told her it was too dangerous but Park Se Young agreed. She didn't know what to do. If she goes, she gets to see him and maybe luckily she wouldn't get caught. But then again maybe she will, she wonders how her parents always knew what Min Young was doing. She wanted to ask her but her parents sent her away. Telling her that if she is by herself she would mature. That day the house was hell. Her dad was taking his anger out on everybody, so most of the day people had to tip toe past him so that he wouldn't say anything. Then again what would happen if her parents discover she went to a club at that time of night, she would bet that they would lock her up at home as if it was a prison. But then if she doesn't go, she wouldn't get to see him. Its better to go anyway she's a teenager she should have the right to rebel once in a while. She exhaled abruptly and stared up at the ceiling, "Why is my life so difficult?" Her friends told her that they couldn't do anything but it was just lies, they could do whatever they wanted, they just didn't go with her because they're scared of her father. Her father, owner of the biggest company in Korea, always feared by workers if things didn't go his way. Instead of patting them on the back for their hard work, even if th plan was a failure, he would just humiliate the employee, screaming at him or her right on the spot. But when its a client he would be the nicest thing ever. Cordial and proper, he would never lose his temper. His treatment with them was better than the treatment he gives to his family.

When she was much younger she would always be attached to her mother. That changed as time went. Her mother used to stick up for her but as time passed, she would just agree with everything her dad would say. Min Young was a different case, her who would always ignore her mother, would eventually get all the love from her. If her dad yelled at her, her mother would run to her and give her words of comfort. Her dad would calm down but when he picks up a fight again her mother would once again do the same thing. Its not like they ever pay attention to her, so she could just go. Nobody will know anyway.

******************

When she heard no sound from outside her room. She pushed the covers aside and took the robe off. Underneath there was a dress, one of her friends gave her so that she could go. The dress was form fitting. It was a white turtle neck dress. It was long sleeved. But there was one bad thing about the dress it revealed her back. She did not feel comfortable but she doesn't want to look out of place. All the clothes she had were to fancy. There were dresses but all were loose, she had a lot of high waisted skirts but that makes her seem like she was going to her dad's office instead. Se Young coming from a family of designers told her she would give her the dress instead. She was dumb founded when she showed her that dress. She recalled their conversation earlier when they met.

******************

"Shin Hye I got it. It was hard to bring it up here but I got your dress." She uncovered it.

''Are you crazy? There is no way I can wear something like that." Shin Hye shook her head profusely.

"I looked at the pictures of the outfits you sent me. You don't look mature enough to go to a club, you would look like a rich school girl. This isn't that bad, I have worn things that show more than this does. Stop looking like a little girl, you are almost a woman now. You need to show to guys that you are attractive, if you don't want to then just become a nun.''

"But I just won't feel comfortable."

"For startes your hair will be down so it will cover most of your back, second don't you want to impress him."

"This is not the way to impress him, he should like me for who I am not for what I look like."

"Okay, so tell me where are you going to get a dress in a short amount of time." She crossed her arms over her chest.

Shin Hye hesitated, "Fine, uggh but if you knew I would be like this you should have brought something else. "

"This the only dress that does not show anything at all just a little back, so stop whining. Try it on."

******************

Shin Hye walked into the club, and was shocked when it wasn't what she expected. It was full of the students from her school. She turned to Se Young.

"Yah, do you know how many of these kids know my parents? My parents are going to find out, lets just go."

"Shin Hye snap out of it, listen these kids aren't supposed to be here either. Calm down. You are going to see him, so just be happy. All you did this week was think about him and worry. Its obvious you like him. Just give it a chance. The other night when I came he was here singing, all he sang were love songs. He said that he wishes the special girl will come. He is obviously talking about you. Now you made it this far a little bit more and Bam! you have a boyfriend."

"I'm scared, what if he just wants to play with me."

"You never know unless you try." Se Young advised her. Geun Suk came out and sat on a chair, guitar in his hand. "See there he is now, just follow your heart. Let it be the leader for once."

Shin Hye turned to look at him who started to sing a song. The song was sweet and gentle like the waves of the ocean. All over, girls would move back and forth rhythmically waving their phones above their heads. Shin Hye looked at him with admiration, in her head she imagined so man could be's, she wished that for once she could run into a dream with him and enjoy life. Hearing his melodious voice soothe her heart, the ache from all those years living in hell. She was going to move towards him and hope that all goes well. She closed her eyes and immersed herself in the song.

When the song was over she walked to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying. She took out her purse and fixed her make up. She smiled at her reflecton, try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter