I love you but...

New Romantics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He is my best friend." 

Shin Hye let go of him and walked backwards. No this can't be, my life cannot be getting harder. ''Please..please tell me you are lying.''

''I'm not" He got on his knees and burried his face in his hands. "I'm sorry."

Shin Hye observed him, 'he looks worse than I do.' She approached him, ''Oppa its not your fault she sat in front of him and lifted his head.''

''Shin Hye are you going to leave me?"
"What? Why would you feel this way?''
"I know him, if he wants something he will get it no matter what."
"Oppa don't think this way. He can do whatever he wants but I won't care. Come, I think it was a long day and tomorrow will be even longer, lets go to sleep.''
Min Ho stood up and mindlessly made his way to their bedroom. Shin Hye could tell that he was surprised, uncertain, but she didn't know what to do. He laid down on the bed and just looked at the ceiling blankly. Shin Hye could not make out his feeling, he looked like a small child lost. She sighed, 'What am I going to do?' She looked over at him again and this time his eyes were closed and tears streamed down. Shin Hye felt her breath stuck in . He never looked like this, he would always act so confident. 
He turned away from her, he didn't want her to see him this way. He wanted to cry out how unfair life is to him. Bringing him something good but then trying to take it away. Since Geun Suk saw Shin Hye at the market, that means that he must have seen him too. He bets that  Geun Suk probably hates him by now. He isn't only going to lose Guen Suk but he will also probably lose Shin Hye. She is part of his everday life. Her smiles and her tears. How she blushes when he teases her, and how she smacks his arm when he gets to annoying.
Shin Hye couldn't see him like this. She hugged him from the back. "Its okay not to be okay. Let it out. I'm here."
MIn Ho started sobbing and then his cries could soon be heard. Shin Hye just held him tigther, she also started to cry. Min Ho heard them and turn to her, he pulled her into his arms. "You are real, right? You can't go, I need you." He held onto her feeling that if he didn't she would vanish. Holding her so tightly she felt safe, protected, she felt home. But yet there was a strange sensation bothering her, but she chooses to ignore it.
After a while, Shin Hye doze off to sleep and Min Ho just watched her. He her hair and gently caressed her face. He placed kisses all over her face. He didn't want to sleep, he wanted to be like this all night. He realized that they didn't eat anything when they got home. He made his way to the kitchen after slowly untangling himself from her.
"What's going to happen to us? What am I going to do without you? Who is going to be there for me to make me laugh, to encourage, to support me, and to give me life? You're all that I have now, please don't let this dream end."
Shin Hye felt Min Ho she heard what he said and it took a lot of will power not to cry. She is mad at her self, if she wasn't so scared of seeing him then they would be fine. He wouldn't have a lack of confidence. Every painful word that Min Ho told her stabbed herself. She wanted to scream out and tell him that she wants to always be with him, that she will never leave but she's unsure about her decision. 'I'm sorry Oppa, this is no longer a dream, this is a nightmare.'
********************
Min Young sat at a cafe thinking about her life. She wishes that she could have someone to talk to. She never made friends since she is such an introvert. Ever since she got to Jeju she felt melancholy, something she never cared about before. She would go shopping everyday but everywhere she goes there are couples. They laugh, the go to amusement parks and have fun. They make memories that will last forever. She isn't getting any younger, and she has no companion. She thinks about Min Ho but whats the point, when she saw them they seemed in love, even if those two fools can't tell. She did call her mom because she really wants to know what hapened to Shin Hye. She couldn't believe that her sister had to go through that. She realized she was selfish. If she wouldn't have put her needs first, Shin Hye would have been happily married. Maybe she would have married Min Ho instead of him marrying her sister. ''There I go again thinking about my happiness even though she would still be happy. Uggh I am sick of myself."
"Are you okay?'' A familiar voice asked her.
"Oh Dr. Ji. Yes I'm okay." Just in time to ruin my day again, she sighed.
Ji Chang Wook works at the hospital Min Young works at. They are both trainees so they are forced to stick together. He would always try to conversate and he once told her that he has an interest for her and she right away rejected any of his advances. She doesn't understand why all of the nurses would gush over him. He is extremely annoying. He is so self-centered, thick-faced, acts like a little kid, stubborn, bossy, and the list goes on. He is always following her, and everytime she is in a pensive state he would disrupt her thoughts. She has to admit he is not quite bad, he is handsome but not to the point of going crazy. He is quite handsome but she'll never tell him that, it just makes his head bigger.
"Can I sit here?" He asked.
"Even if I say no, you are still going to sit there, so go ahead''
"Wah, you know me so well. That means that you are interested.''
''No, it just means that you are always annoying me. How come you're a doctor, you are so childish.''
"You want to know the secret" He leaned in.
She rolled her eyes. "What is it?" She asked with no interest.
"I got in because I'm good looking, I just asked nicely and Bam! I'm a doctor.''
''I should have known,'' She said sarcastically.
"Oh, you think I'm good looking''He grinned.
"No!! Not even the slightest bit. Even my father is more handsome.''
"Ouch! That hurt."
"What do you want?" She narrowed her eyes at him.
"A date with you."
"What don't you understand of 'I'm not interested.'"
He pouted, "You just haven't explored all of my good qualities, you think I'm a player, a jerk. Don't you?''
Min Young was taken back. Its true he did flirt with a lot of women even some of his patients. They will all just blush silly and smile, she hated women like that. So easily swept of their feet. Its annoying. "I don't think, I know. Besides I wouldn't date you, you are not my taste.''
''How would you know if I'm not your taste, we barely talk."
"Well I just concluded from the way you act.''
"The way I act, wow. You sure know how to judge a book by its cover.'' 
She glanced at him he looked disappointed. She kind of felt bad. She always said the meanest things to him. "I'm sorry."
"Huh?'' He asked confused.
''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, its just I really am not interested.''
''Well maybe you could be, if you gave me a chance.''
''A chance? I would just be toying with your emotions. How about friends?''
"Fine, if friends gives me a chance to be close to you I'm fine with it."
She took a deep breath, this is going to be the longest training in my life.
********************** 
A pile of pictures were spread out on Mr. Park's desk. He shook his head. ''I don't understand what's wrong with this boy's head. How many times did I tell him to stay away. This is all you got?''
"Yes sir."
"Okay you may go now."
Mr. Park stared at the pictures laid on his desk. He doesn't understand how his daughters are so reckless. He smiled at the picture of Shin Hye and Min Ho at the supermarket. "This is what I want to see.''His gaze darkened when he saw that Geun Suk also entered the market. He pinched the bridge of his nose. ''I have to find away to get him away from here, I got Min Young out of Seoul now I have to get him out."
He turned to the pictures of Min Young. She was sitting in a cafe with a young man sitting in front of her. ''Just who is this?" He mumbled. He picked up the phone, "I need you to come over, I need you to help me find this person."
"I hope nothing comes along, I am not trying to do anything that is forceful, ugggh. The other companies are so lucky. Tthey don't have to deal with children like mine."
**********************
A couple of days later, Min Ho recieved a call from his father telling him about the Gala event. "Oppa, who was that?" Shin Hye said as she sat up on the bed.
"There's an event today?''
"You want to go?"
"Sure, so am I finally going out on a date?"
"We are way past the dating face"
"You're right"
"I think I am happy with this." He told her as he picked her up and settled her down on his lap.
"Why?"
"I'm with you." He replied his eyes never leaving her. He leaned down for a kiss. "What are you going to wear?" 
"Well since I'm going with you, I need to wear something that will make your jaw drop, something cute, something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter