Chapter 3

The Beauty Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for any typos. SLEEPY. Enjoy! ^^

Thanks for your love, all! I love you too ^^

It has been a week since that day, and the abscesses on Luhan’s body didn’t seem to get better. In fact it got a lot worse. It hurts a lot and it itch so much that Luhan couldn’t stand and had to scratch it. Some of them looks like it was infected, and Luhan was desperate he didn’t know what he should do. He was too embarrassed to come out of his room even when Sehun and Minseok had tried their best to coax him and told him he looked okay. The last time he went out to buy some cigarettes – which he start to consume three days ago, –  a couple of high school girls and a group of young men looked at him with disgust, and Luhan had to go back to the dorm even before he got to the convenient store. s now seemed like they’re disgusted with him too, he could feel it. EXO members who lived in the other dorm refused to visit the place he lived in with Minseok, Sehun, Chanyeol, Suho and Tao. Even the members who lived in the same dorm with him refused to go into Luhan’s room and keep their distance from him because he’s starting to smell bad. He wasn’t able to go to the dance studio and practice his dance moves, or to continue their song recording, he couldn’t go to their upcoming album meetings, and he couldn’t go to the practice room to see how EXO members had progressed in dancing the choreography he made for their new songs. And he hadn’t seen Kris since that day. The older man hadn’t visited him even once. Kris was usually the most concerned member if it was about Luhan, even when Luhan didn’t feel like he needed to be concerned about. Small gestures such as ruffling his hair, telling him to sleep or to not forget to eat, Luhan usually replied him with a “ off, Kris, I’m not a baby” or a “you’re making a mess out of my ing hair”. And now that he hadn’t got that kind of treatment from Kris for like, a week, Luhan missed it.

               

“How’s Luhan doing?”

                Kris was sitting across Minseok in a small coffee shop near their dorm, holding his mug on top of his lap, while Minseok was blowing his hot coffee. The coffee shop was small and had a very antique setting, Kris always felt like he was in the 70’s every time he came in to this cafe. The barista was one of his college friends and often gave him free drinks. His bandmates also like to get their coffee here, since the flavor matched their taste, and there were not much people who recognized them because usually the guests were women or men around 40s or 50s.

                Minseok looked up when he heard Kris’s question. “You still care about him?”

                “O-Of course I do,” Kris let out a small laugh. There are no venoms in Minseok’s word, and Kris doesn’t know why he suddenly felt so nervous.

                “A-ah, that’s not what I mean, Kris,” Minseok realized the nervousness his leader was showing. The older male leaned back to his chair as he sighed. “Even after what he said to you that night?”

                “You heard our conversation that night?”

                Blushing, Minseok nodded. He lowered his head in shame. He didn’t mean to eavesdrop; the two were talking loudly that night. Minseok just happen to pass Luhan’s room while the two were arguing.

                “I thought you didn’t care abput him anymore. You never came.”

                “He told me to off, Baozi Hyung,” Kris smiled sadly remembering what Luhan said to him that night. He never forgets a single word. Those words were not something unusual to hear coming out of Luhan’s mouth, but the elder still felt hurt when he heard what his leader said that night. It was like being shot by a bullet through his heart, the scar never goes away. “He said I was disgusting.”

                “Hyung.. You know he didn’t mean it,”

Minseok—Kris thought while letting out a sigh—always everybody’s best friend. The eldest in their team was always trying to look at the bright side in everything that happens in life, and always tried to mediate his clashing teammates. Now Kris understands why Sehun was so pissed off when he defended Luhan even if that guy was at fault.

“He’s.. the abscess increased, Hyung, especially on his face. Some of them are infected, and it’s starting to smell bad. He didn’t change his sheet I think, so it became worse. He wouldn’t let me or Junmyeon clean his room. He couldn’t go to the studio to practice. I.. I’m worried about our comeback, Duizhang.”

                “I’m thinking more about how we’re going to hide this from the fans. If this goes on for too long, they might be asking and get suspicious. A lot of rumor will appear.”

                “I know~,” Minseok took off the cap he was wearing, messing his hair with his fingers in distress. “He can’t disappear forever. He can’t hide forever.  But.. it seems like it’s not going to heal soon. The abscess is just too much.”

                “Is he consulting to a doctor?” Kris sounds worried now. “Taking medicines?”

                Minseok nodded. Sipping on his coffee before answering, “He did. Still does. But I think he’s getting desperate. He didn’t want the public to speak ill about hum. He seems stressed out,” Minseok put his coffee on the table, before he continued, “I heard you spoke with Sajangnim yesterday?”

                “Mmhm,” the older nodded his head. He also put his mug on the table in front of him gracefully. Minseok wondered how this awkward and stiff hyung could be so elegant in his moves sometimes. “He’s decided, our comeback s going to postponed. EXO-K is going to release a digital single with no promotions. Just enoug until Luhan is healed. I thought manager ge has told you guys this?”   

                Minseok nodded. “Luhan hasn’t been informed about this yet?” When the leader shook his head, Minseok continued. “Luhan’s not gonna like this.”

                “We all won’t like this, Hyung. I’m sure you hate it too,” Kris said and Minseok answered with a nod. This has been the comeback they waited for almost 2 years, they know the fans are on the verge of forcing them to promote a new song again. Being postponed until unknown time like this, it’s just disappointing for all the members. “Sehun almost caused a chaos when he heard this decision. But.. what else can we do? For the sake of EXO, I think we all must agree this is the best way out.”

                The both of them took a deep breath, and let it out at the same time. Then they laughed at this.

                “Duizhang, you really should come and see Luhan sometimes,” Minseok suddenly said afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter