Chapter 1

The Beauty Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“STOP!! Stop, everyone stop!!”

                Luhan sighed tiredly. He rubbed his temple with his knuckles hard, trying to make the pain in his head go away. In front of him stood four members of EXO-M; sweating, panting. They have danced since early in the morning – early yesterday morning – but even though they gave their best, Luhan was just not satisfied. Luhan was nervous. He was entrusted by their management to lead their team’s choreograph, and he was still not satisfied at how not harmonized his whole team looked when they danced together.

                “Don’t you get what you got wrong, guys? Why do you keep repeating the same mistakes? Huh? Why, Tao?”

                “I.. I,” Tao stuttered. “I.. fixed the points you mentioned before, Ge.”

                Luhan blew out another sigh. He glanced at the clock hanging on their studio wall, and was a bit surprised to find it was already 4 am. They had been practicing for almost 20 hours. Should he stop here today? Wait, it’s not even ‘today’ anymore. His eyes wander to look at his EXO-M members, also to some of the EXO-K members who are still sitting by the bench on this practice studio. His eyes then caught the view of their EXO-M leader, curling at the corner of the room. Their leader was sick, and he had asked Luhan’s permission to take a break because he felt like he couldn’t focus at all and didn’t want to distract the other members. Luhan dismissed him, even told him to take a nap even when he felt a little upset.  Luhan was often submissive to Kris because Kris is his leader no matter what. Well he actually didn’t care. If Kris wants can’t keep up with their team’s dancing feature on their promotion time, then it’s his problem.

                “Get out of here, all of you. We’re done for today,” Luhan finally said. It was hopeless. Even if they stayed until morning, they wouldn’t be able to dance the way Luhan wanted because they are all too exhausted. The members somehow looked relieved when they heard Luhan’s order.

                “We’re really done, Hyung? You think we did well?”

                “Absolutely a disaster,” Luhan answered Jongdae honestly without trying to sugar-coat his words. It made Jongdae pouted immediately. He knew Luhan was a person who likes to say anything on his mind honestly, but he was a bit upset Luhan didn’t even appreciate the fact that they tried to do their best in perfecting this dance moves. “You’re going to have to come again.. tonight, 8pm.”

                “Hyung!!”                                                            “Ge!!!”

                “I want no excuses. Be here tonight. We have a deadline, guys,” Luhan rubbed his tired eyes as he turned to get his water. He understands that the guys are tired keeping up with his work hour, Luhan was such a perfectionist who won’t stop until he was satisfied with his work, and in the process, he sometimes forgets that s and staffs are only humans. Just like now, as the members left the studio one by one and all the other staff has gone home, Luhan stayed there to continue to practice the moves by himself.

                Sehun, one of the EXO-K members who stayed even after their turn to practice, stood up as he stifled a yawn. Why does this hyung has to be so damn perfectionist? “Okay, whatever, you mean Hyung. I’m going home now—oh, Hyung’s still here,” the youngest was surprised to see that Kris sleeping on the floor on the corner, with his backpack as his pillow. “Luhan Hyung, Duizhang is sleeping on my backpack.”

                “Just wake him up. Do you really have to ask me things like this?” the other was so focused on reviewing their practice video on the small screen of the cam-corder, he didn’t even spare Sehun a glare while answering him.

                “Tsk,” Sehun looked at Luhan with wide eyes. “Why are you such a loveless person, Hyung? Kris Hyung is sick. How can I wake him just lik—“

                “Hyung, get up. Maknae needs his bag,” Sehun’s word was stopped when suddenly Luhan walked past him to shake the sleeping Kris’s shoulder. Kris opened his eyes in shock. Sehun felt a little bit guilty when he saw Kris’s eye were bloodshot red, his hair was a mess and he felt like someone just hit his head because he woke up so suddenly.

                “Huh? Huh? What? What is it?” Kris’ voice sounded heavy from sleep and he hadn’t process what happened yet. His head was so heavy and it hurts, it felt like his spirit hasn’t gathered yet.

                “Sehun is leaving and he needs his bag you’re sleeping on, get the hell up,” Luhan walked back to where he sat previously in the middle of the room and soon was absorbed in his work again, while Kris was still processing Luhan’s word as he stared blankly at Luhan’s back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter