Longing (When He's Not Here to Nags)

Ferris Wheel

a.n: haven't proofread yet. but hope there's no fatal mistakes. enjoy...        


          “So you took a day off today?”

          Hakyeon walked around their apartement, went back and forth from their bedroom, kitchen and living room where he put his bag. Taekwoon sat on the sofa in the living room and switched the tv on, yawning and just say yes of Hakyeon’s question.

          “Then, can you do the chores for me?” Hakyeon stopped for a moment to make sure that Taekwoon was really awake and ready to hear his list of chores.

          It’s one of rare occasion when Hakyeon had to work outside the city. He used to stay at home and work from there, through laptop by email. Because his job was an artist, he just need to stayed in front of his PC almost all day. Beside that, he also worked as a choreographer for a famous dancing company in Seoul. He rarely got request to join and asked to be chaperone for his student out of town. But last week, because one of the teacher couldn’t go to the competition, he was asked to come. He couldn’t say no, because he really has nothing to do today. His job was done anyway and he was on his holiday, so here he was, get ready to go to Busan where the competition was held. He also planned to visit his parents in Changwon before going back to Seoul the next day.

          “How long will you go again, Yeon?” Taekwoon asked as he’s now wide awake and focused on Hakyeon who standing behind the kitchen counter.

          “Two days one night. I will stay at my parents’ home for a night before going back to Seoul the next day. You okay?” Hakyeon put his lunch in his backpack on the living room and finally sat before Taekwoon on the sofa. Taekwoon nodded his head. “Okay. Knowing how forgetful you can be, now get a pen and paper before I tell you chores you need to do while I’m away. Go, go!”

          Halfhearted, Taekwoon walked to get a pen and paper and then sat back on his previous seat. Hakyeon then start his long list of chores to do when he’s not home.

          “…don’t forget to pay the water and electricity tomorrow morning. Eggs are running out, so make sure you buy some. Also meat and chicken. Oh, I think then you need to do grocery shopping either today or tomorrow, up to you. But I wish you do that before I come back home. The grocery list is here,” he paused and handed Taekwoon another list of grocery he has to do. “Don’t forget to do the laundry. I know that you hate to do that. But I don’t want to see a pile of laundry when I’m back. So you better do it! Hmm, what else….”

          Sighed, Taekwoon stared at the long list of the chores that Hakyeon gave him. Too many things to do in two days. He felt a bit annoyed with it.

          “Stop. I get it okay. I know what I have to do. So now, you can go and do your job well. I guess I will be fine. No need to worry okay,” he said. Hakyeon looked at him, doubted him.

          “You sure?” he asked. Taekwoon just nodded and then, Hakyeon left with worry in his eyes.

          “God, finally. Freedom. No more nagging Hakyeon.” Taekwoon threw himself on the sofa and watch the tv.

          That day, Taekwoon did everything Hakyeon asked. When the day became night, he finally realised how quiet the apartement was without the older appearance. He was bored and everything he did make him longing for the other more. When the dinner time came, he decided to do delivery because he was too lazy to cook. How he missed Hakyeon’s food. The older was never miss to cook dinner everyday except if they have an appointment to go out for dinner or another occasion.

          “I miss you, Yeon…,” he mumbled to himself.

          Before he went to sleep, he decided to call Hakyeon but the call was so short because Hakyeon barely awake from exhaustion and he ended the call sadly. He found out that he can’t live without Hakyeon. No matter how annoying and chatty the other can be, he still prefer the other’s company than the loneliness without him. That night, he slept with unsettled mind and alone for the first time since he and Hakyeon live together.

***

          The day after, he was waiting Hakyeon to come and sat in front of the door. He didn’t do what Hakyeon asked today intentionally, he missed the other’s annoying nagging voice. So he let the laundry still untouch, the dishes still in the sink, their room still like just hit by tornado, it was a mess, their apartement. He just wanted to meet the older, give him bone crushing hug and then nagged by him for not doing what he asked.

          He was waiting for almost 5 hours when finally the door clicked open. The person he was longing so much appeared before his eyes. Right away, before Hakyeon even really stepped in, Taekwoon pulled him into a bone crushing hug. Hakyeon was shocked and suddenly tensed. But when he realised it just Taekwoon who hug him, he relaxed.

          “Hey, I’m home,” he said softly, head rested on Taekwoon’s shoulder while the younger kissed the older’s neck.

          “Finally. I’ve missed you,” he said while inhaled Hakyeon’s scent in the crook of his neck.

          “Wha- hahaha… What happened? You never like this before. Well, I never left you before, anyway.”

          “Let me stay like this for a while.” And Hakyeon let him be. He wrapped his hand around Hakyeon waist and Hakyeon’s left hand rested on his back while his right hand patted the back of his head. After a minute passed, he finally let Hakyeon go and cup his face. Longing, love, all of emotion could seen in Taekwoon’s eyes. Hakyeon smiled when he saw all of that. He never knew this would happen. Slowly, Taekwoon peck his lips, tenderly. The kiss was short, no lust, no one intended to deepen the kiss. It was a longing kiss.

          “I miss you too, Taek.” Hakyeon said after Taekwoon pull himself from the kiss. “How was your day?”

          “Mess. I am a mess without you, baby. Please don’t leave me ever again.” Hakyeon chuckled to hear that desperate wish from Taekwoon.

          “I hope I won’t,” Hakyeon said and finally stepped in to the living room. Taekwoon followed him, worried. “Anyway, did you do what I ask today?”

          Taekwoon silenced. He let Hakyeon roamed the apartement. He knew what will happen shortly after Hakyeon finish inspected the whole apartement.

          “JUNG TAEKWOON! How could you leave dirty laundry here? I told you to do the laundry before I’m back. And how come the bedroom still messy? And the dishes, OH GOD! Have you pay the bill yet? Oh my! Remind me again why I want to live with you. Jeez! It’s no use to leave you with a note of chores, isn’t it? COME HERE NOW AND CLEAN UP ALL YOUR MESS!”

          Despite all the nagging voice he heard, instead of annoyed, Taekwoon was smiling wide and felt finally at home. Home was never the same without Hakyeon’s yelling and nagging voice echoed in it. He loved this Hakyeon. And he promised to himself to cherish all of this while he can. Hopefully, forever.


a.n: I know it's too short but.... hehehhe... the image of Taekwoon who will be helpless without Hakyeon keeps playing in my head so, here it goes. be sure to leave comments below and give me a feedback. if you have something in mind as prompt maybe, you can leave it all in the comment too. see you....