First Meeting

Ferris Wheel

          Such a rare day to found Taekwoon was relaxing himself, laying on the bed with photo album in his hand. Hakyeon, who just done showering, walked toward the other man with a confused smile.

          “What are you doing? You’re not like your usual self these days. Are you sick?” he put his hand to Taekwoon’s forehead and the other hand to his own forehead. “No fever.”

          “I’m not sick. Don’t worry.”

          “So?” Hakyeon sat just before Taekwoon on their bed, still with worried look.

          “I just missed the old days. Remember the day when you were moving to my school.” Taekwoon sat up and put down the photo album on the bed.

          “Ah, the day you have a love at the first sight for me?” asked Hakyeon.

          “No. You love me first.” Taekwoon denied it quickly.

          “No way. I still remember every words, Taek. You were in love with me that day.”

          “What words?” Taekwoon asked him, confused. Or maybe just pretend to be confused.

          “Tsk. Your conversation with Wonshik! Should I call him now?” threated Hakyeon, getting pissed of Taekwoon’s denial.

          “NO! Okay, I admit it. Happy?” he pouted. Hakyeon just smiled widely seeing this cute man in front of him.

          “Grumpy man is cute.” Hakyeon pinched Taekwoon’s cheeks softly. “Tell me again, what happened before you saw me that day.”

***

          It’s a sunny day, but it rather like a gloomy day for someone. Taekwoon frowned all the way to the school. He was in a bad mood apparently. Whenever he looked like this, no one ever dare to asked. Except one person, and one person only.

          “Jung Taekwoon!”

          Taekwoon sighed and stop his step. He turned around to see his annoying friend who claimed himself as a baddass and best rapper in Korea. Kim Wonshik, code name: Ravi, as he wanted everyone call him that.

          “Yo. Why the long face? Come on, such a sunny day to be spend with a gloomy face. Smile Taekwoon, smileeee….” He said as his fingers pulled Taekwoon’s lips to smile.

          “Shut up. Wonshik. And don’t touch my face as you like.”

          “Tsk, such a fun killer,” he commented. “Anyway. Have you heard that there will be a new guy in our class? I just found out today. He is a transfer from Changwon. Aren’t you excited about it Taek? A new guy in the last year of highschool… wow… I hope he is a fun guy, not like you, boring!”

          Taekwoon kept silent and walk faster. Wonshik followed behind, rapping his favorite song along the way. They were classmate and also shared a table. So, Taekwoon really hoped that Wonshik could be quiet down a little, he had a headache to begin with today.

          Just when a bell rang, their homeroom teacher came in with a boy: tanned, dark brown hair with a little shade of light brown and a fringe down covering his forehead, quite tall maybe around 175-ish and had lovely almond shapped eyes. No smile, no frown just face as flat as a board, but somehow, he looked like he was smiling. Taekwoon felt a sudden curiousity rise. He didn’t know why, but he felt like he already like this new guy. His almond shapped eyes and his brown orbs, like hipnotized him.

          “Kids, as you know from the rumors around, yeah I’m not deaf and I am aware that you all exciting, this is Cha Hakyeon. He just moved from Changwon and will be your new classmate for this last year of high school. You may introduce yourself,” the homeroom teacher said.

          “Hello. My name is Cha Hakyeon. Some of my old friends at my old school call me N, some just call me whatever they want. So please help yourself. I don’t mind as long you don’t give me such names. As Teacher had said, I am from Changwon. I live with my parents and two older sisters and an older brother. So yeah, I am a maknae." He paused and looked at the teacher.

           "What's your hobby?" the teacher asked.

          "Hmm, my hobby? Ah, I love dance. I am practically live for it. Hmm, nice to meet you.” Everyone in the class clapped and then the teacher told him where his seat, which coincidentally right behind Taekwoon, and the new guy – Hakyeon – walked to his direction.

          Suddenly, Taekwoon’s heart was beating so hard. He found it amusing, he never felt this way to anyone before. As Hakyeon walked closer, his heartbeat became faster and then a small smile from Hakyeon made him freeze. It felt like Hakyeon walk in a slow motion and he can’t help but followed Hakyeon’s movements till he sat on his seat. He couldn’t let his eyes away from the other boy until Wonshik tapped his shoulder and he finally ‘awake’.

          “What happened with you? So obvious like that,” he could hear Wonshik whispered to him when the teacher explained something about the upcomig event or something like that, he didn’t pay attention. The class president would repeat it again after this homeroom after all.

          “What? What so obvious?”

          “You, have a crush with the new guy.” Wonshik whispered it right in his ear.

          Taekwoon couldn’t hide his embarassment and blushed right away. And he put his head on the table. Wonshik couldn’t hide his laugh but he laugh soundless so Taekwoon won’t hit him like usual. Without them knowing, Hakyeon could hear everything they talked about him and he smile because of that.

          Just right after that, the bell rang and their homeroom teacher ended his explaination with a cheer for Hakyeon. Taekwoon still hid his face while Wonshik patted his shoulder. Then Hakyeon suddenly patted his back. Taekwoon jolted and straightened his back tensely. He knew who pat his back, that’s why he felt nervous and didn’t know what to do.

          “Hey, what’s your name?” Hakyeon asked.

          Taekwoon took a deep breathe before he turned his body to face his new crush. Right when he faced him, he could see wide smile on Hakyeon’s face and that made him blush all the way. With a small voice, he said, “Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon.”

          “Sorry, who? I can’t hear. Speak louder, because the classroom is loud,” he said again.

          Taekwoon silently swore and he said his name again, louder this time. “Jung Taekwoon.”

          Hakyeon just smiled and nodded his head several times. Taekwoon still couldn’t see the new guy properly so he looked at the floor instead.

          “So, why moving?” Wonshik asked. He couldn’t rely on Taekwoon to ask the new guy since he became mute after he introduced himself. “Oh, by the way I’m Wonshik. But call me Ravi instead.”

          “Okay. Anyway, my dad just transferred to Seoul and we need to move as well. But my two oldest brother and sister stayed though. Both of them already settled.”

          Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon all the time when he explained why he moved. And he only nodded and looked down for time to time when Hakyeon looked at him. That’s, not really helping him though. It just made it more obvious in Wonshik’s eyes. And he could guarantee that Hakyeon will know it sooner than later.

          “Anyway, I’m sorry but I don’t have any intention to eavesdropping… It just happened that the classroom really quiet and your whisper was kinda… loud. Well, loud enough for me to hear,” Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon, surprised and embarrassed, both. He prayed so hard inside for Hakyeon didn’t hear what he should not hear. Hakyeon made his voice sounds clear enough before he finally looked at Taekwoon right in the eye. Taekwoon felt his heart stop beating for a second. “Do you really like me?”

          And then, Taekwoon’s world crumble and he could see Wonshik nearly rolling on the floor laughing his off. But Hakyeon not laughed. Not even chuckled. Worried, Taekwoon looked at him and saw his wide beautiful smile in his face.

          “You’re so cute. I don’t mind you to be my boyfriend, though. But, I rather like to be your friend first, to get to know you better. Are you okay with that?” offered Hakyeon.

          Taekwoon and even Wonshik surprised with Hakyeon’s respons. But inside, Taekwoon was a mess, to hear what Hakyeon has offered him. Without spent more times, Taekwoon nodded and Hakyeon’s smile just became wider.

***

          “You too has loved me that day, right? If you not, you will never offer that kind of thing to me,” said Taekwoon.

          “I never say no, though. And at that time, you were just too cute and I can’t handle cute things. That, including you. I liked you, yes. Love, not yet.” Hakyeon saw Taekwoon’s face darkened and then he kissed the tip of Taekwoon’s nose. “But now, you can not questioned about my love. I think, I love you more, Taek. It’s not fair.”

          Taekwoon suddenly pulled Hakyeon into his hug and shook his head. “I love you, Yeon. And that’s the thing you should know.” And no way you love me more than I love you. Because I love you eternity.


a.n: /facepalm/ actually I just want to write about their first meeting but I think it's too sudden so I add some things. This chapter has been edited again and again (and I think there's still some mistakes or grammar error so I apologized). Well, hope you guys enjoy. Your COMMENTs are welcome though. Please give me feedbacks and maybe some prompts? I'd love that. ciao.