Chapter 01

The Tenth Note


A/N: Because we both have different styles of writing, there will be writing in third person as well as POVs... enjoy~


"Thank you. Please come again soon!" Mi Young smiled as she bowed, watching the customer leave the cafe. "Next customer in line please." Mi Young smiled as she saw a young man in front of her. 

"What can I get you, sir?" The man seemed rather hesitant. "Uhm... excuse me... can I ask for a favor?" Mi Young looked at him. "What is it?" 

"Well, my girlfriend is sitting by the window over there." He paused as he turned his head over to a woman with her attention towards the winter scenery outside the cafe. "We've been dating for ten years now and I... I want to propose to her here." 

"Omo!" Mi Young giggled. "Of course I can help you. What do you need?" 

"Well she really loves your cream pastry with the strawberry jam you have. Do you mind giving me ten of those saying 'Will you marry me', putting this in the middle?" Mi Young watched as he pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. "Omo, that's so beautiful. Don't worry, I'll make sure this goes well for the both of you." Mi Young carefully took the ring from the man's hands as she then gave him a look. "So what'll you order?" 

"Excuse me?" 

"Well you can't just come up here and come back to her with nothing after waiting. So, what will you order?"

The man smiled at her as he gave in a random order. 

"Here you go... and good luck!" Mi Young smiled as she watched him go back to his girlfriend who smiled at him once he approached. 

"Mi Young-ah! Mi Young-ah!" Turning her attention towards the doors, she immediately chuckled as she crossed her arms. 

"Mi Young-ah!" Luhan yelled once again as he reached the counter. "My car wouldn't.... wouldn't start so I had to take the bus but there was so much snow from the day before it was delayed and---" 

"Quiet." 

Immediately Luhan stopped talking as he looked at her. "I'm sorry." Mi Young smiled as she put her arms down. "It's fine. Mistakes happen... but!"

"But?" 

She smirked. "You will have to stay and close up today, okay?" Luhan smiled and nodded as Mi Young let him pass through. "Now go get changed it'll be busy here soon." 

Going into the back of the cafe, she found a new batch of the cream pastry the man wanted for his girlfriend. Carefully, she arranged it the best she could then carefully placing the ring with the box in the middle as he requested. "This girl is going to have her mascara running once she sees this. This is so adorable." She spoke out loud. 

Just then, two arms crept around her waist ever so suddenly pulling her so that their bodies touched. Before she could turn around, a kiss was planted on her cheek. She smiled.

"Lay." 

"Hmmm." 

She chuckled as she turned around to hug him back. "Who's order is this? And who's going to have her mascara running?" Letting go of her husband, she turned her attention back onto the plate of pastries with the ring.  There was a young man who's going to propose to his girlfriend today and he wanted this to be done for her. It's adorable isn't it?" 

Lay nodded as looked at the details his wife had created on such a simple thing. "She's definitely going to have mascara running." He kissed her again before Mi Young pushed him off. "If only you did this for me," she joked, "I would love you forever." Lay chuckled as he pulled her back into his embrace. "But you'll love me forever any ways because that was what you said when we got married." She nodded as she kissed him. She did love Lay, she'll love him forever and he would do the same. 

"Now let's get this to the couple." 

Luhan's POV

I had just finished buttoning down my shirt as fixed my hair. I smiled, remembering the conversation Mi Young and I had downstairs. Who cared if I'll be here till we closed? I'll spend more time with her that way...

I headed downstairs and towards the pantry before stopping in my tracks completely. I watched Mi Young as she kissed Lay and my body stiffened. I clenched up my fist for a second and then released. I sighed. 'Luhan, it's wrong to act this way. She's married to your best friend...' I thought. Sighing, I put up another smile and walked in. 

"You two, this is a working environment~" Mi Young turned to me and smiled. "Yah, I own the workplace." She joked as Lay put an arm over my shoulder. Immediately I shoved him a little too hard without realizing. "Ah. Luhan-ah, what was that for?" I blinked as I realized what I had done before coming up with a cover. "Whoa, Lay you get married and now you can't handle me?! What has Mi Young done to you?" I joked and fortunately they both bought it. 

"Yeah... maybe I should start working out again..." Lay sighed as Mi Young laughed. She then grabbed a plate full of pastries. 'Will you marry me?' was written on it and I gulped. 

"What... I mean whose are those for?" Mi Young walked closer to me as she pushed me towards the front. "Luhan, do you see that couple by the window?" 

"Yeah." I responded. 

"The lady's boyfriend wants to propose to her with this and he wanted me to put the ring with them. Isn't that cute?" I looked over at Mi Young as she smiled as the couple.

"Very... very cute." She looked up at me and our eyes met. I coughed and immediately looked away. 

"I heard cute~ Were you looking for me?" The three of us turned around as Ara came down the stairs. I couldn't help but scoff as Ara wouldn't let that corny line go. "Ara-yah, you're not that cute you know, I'm right here." I retorted as she stuck her tongue out. "Whatever Luhan." She then walked over by Lay's side and smiled at Mi Young. "So who's cute?"

I watched as the two best friends watched to couple again. "Okay! This is going to work! Let me just get my camera. Another special moment to go onto our wall." Mi Young nodded as I watched her get all excited. 'She get's happy so easily...' I thought. 'I could've made her happy...' 

"GOT IT!" Ara's voice brought me back to check as she took her polaroid camera, getting it set for the big moment. I rolled my eyes. If only it were my moment....

Ara's POV

"GOT IT!" I screamed as I pulled out my camera. Marriage proposal pictures are the best, they look even better because I'm taking their photo~ 

Mi Young smiled as she turned back to the couple, waiting for a signal of some sort, I guess. 

"Ara-ah, make sure you get a good picture okay? My Mi Young worked hard for these people." Lay teased as I gave him my eye smile. "Of course I will! I was trained to have perfection on these kinds of things. Trust me~" Lay laughed. I really liked making him laugh. It made me feel amazing inside. 

Then, ever so suddenly, I felt Lay swing his arm over my shoulder. My heart stopped. I knew he was saying something but I couldn't hear over my heart thumping so hard. 

"Did you get that Ara-ah?" 

I shook my head as I looked at him. "Uhhh, yeah. Don't worry Lay-ah. I got this." He smiled at me as let his arm fall to his side immediately letting both creep up Mi Young's waist. 

I felt my eye twitch. She counted in her head how many times Lay had said her name. Twice more that usual meant that he was in a good mood. I've always loved him saying my name... it gave me butterflies in my stomach. It's too bad that he doesn't say it as much anymore since he got married.... but that was a long time ago; I'll take what ever affection he'll show me. 

Mi Young snapped me out of my thoughts when I heard her ask "What's wrong?" 

Deep inside I gave a small scoff. 'You and Lay getting married, that's what's wrong!' I thought. I gave her a smile. "Nothing, I just want to get this picture perfect." I replied with an innocent smile. 

***

"Oh guys! He gave me the signal, let's go!" Mi Young smiled as the four of them walked out towards the couple. 

"Excuse me." Mi Young giggled a little as she noticed the man's nervous expressions compared to his girlfriend's confused ones. 

"Miss, your boyfriend wanted me to make you these because you mean so much to him." Lay commented as Mi Young set down the plate. 

"Omo, really?" She looked over at her boyfriend as she nervously nodded. "Yeah." 

Oh, what's this?" The woman took the ring box in her hands as they all gulped. "Honey... what---" 

"Park Seo Young." The man stated as he got up. "He carefully got up and took the pastries and fixed them to his hidden message. 

"Omo..." 

"Park Seo Young. We've been dating for ten years, almost eleven now and from the very first time you said yes to me to be my girlfriend I knew you were the one for me. Now, will you do me the honor and say yes to me one more time?"

The woman immediately covered as she re-read the message, watching her boyfriend get down on one knee. 

"Park Seo Young... Will you marry me?" 

Mi Young held onto Lay's arm as she was trying very hard not to cry. "Omo..." 

"I... I... yes!" 

Mi Young let all her tears fall as she clapped, watching as the couple kissed. "Omo, I don't even know why I'm crying! Congratulations!" The cafe was filled with cheers and screams and laughter as Ara had taken the couple photos. Luhan even ran back to play some befitting music... 

***

"Everything back then was perfect--- simply perfect. I know that there is know such this as perfect but at that time it seemed like the right word to describe the situation." I paused. " To think of it now, perfect is overrated.... very overrated...."

"Mostly because our first note arrived not so long after." 


First chapter guys (:
Please comment below and tell us what you think so far
Subscribe. Comment. Upvote ~ Thank you