Chapter 19

Me or Her??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already over an hour. My tears dried up and my nose was blocked.

The words on the phone was still rewinding in my mind.

How am I going to provide the hospital fees when I'm only a trainee who earns barely enough for a person. I do not even have my own apartment. But more than that, I'm worrying about my mother's health.

She is the only close relative that I have left. My father left my mother when I was 7 for some other woman. He betrayed us. We were left with only $210 and a bag of clothes . Our house?? It's under my father's name. We lived like beggars on the side of the walkway.

But things became better when my mum found herself a steady job.  Even though the pay wasn't much, it could pay for my school fees and also food.

I also found a part-time job after school serving at a restaurant.

After months and months of working we finally earned enough for us to buy ourselves a small apartment.

I went to a school near house.  It was where him and I used to hang out. School was a place I could finally feel free, without having to worry about anything , especially if a certain someone was there with you.

"Are you okay now?" A voice suddenly woke me up from my dreamland.

I shot right up and stared at the person who said that. It was him.

"Yeah, I think." I answered.

I didn't want him to find out what had happened. I stood back on my feet.

I think I'm going to skip this practice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter