Unintentional Misdirected Aim

Unintentional Misdirected Aim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Unintentional Misdirected Aim~

            The life of organized crime is mainly known for it's unpredictable characteristics, it's action packed, bullet flying, bloody fights, gruesome confrontations, and a firm unspoken code of law that everyone in the mafia follows abidingly or be gunned down for breaking it. It's a life that's supposed to be filled with danger and unexpected twists and turns that always keeps one on their toes.

            But that is definitely not what Sehun is experiencing at the moment as he stares disinterestedly at the file in his hand, all the papers within the file basically stated that the new shipment of illegal goods will be arriving soon and he's supposed to be the one to make sure it makes it to the meeting point without any problems. In other words it's boring as hell and Sehun doesn't want to do it.

            Sehun frowns at the paper, clearly unhappy with his assigned job. He wants something much more exhilarating and adrenaline pumping but that's clearly not going to happen anytime soon. Just as Sehun was about to throw the papers back on to the desk, his door swings open without a knock and in struts Kai, his usual partner on most jobs.

            "Yo, you get the job report we got assigned for today?" questions Kai nonchalantly with a yawn as he makes himself comfy in one of Sehun's chairs.

            Sehun grimaces as he holds up the file, "Unfortunately yes I did. When are we going to get something that's not going to put me to sleep? Don’t you think it's been a little too quiet lately? Aren't you bored with all these body guard and goods pick up type jobs?"

            Kai raises an eyebrow, "No not really, I like my head attached to my body and getting our hands dirty is gross, thank you very much. The quieter, the safer it is for us remember?"

            Sehun gives Kai a blank unamused stare, "Lame."

            The other simply shrugs, "Call it what you will, I actually like surviving to see the next day."

            "I still think given our positions we shouldn't have to be doing jobs that are mainly given to the new recruits, we're the top shots for a reason," grumbles Sehun in reply as he throws the file on to the desk with a flop, he likes survival too but he likes to live life with a thrill so much more.

            Kai rolls his eyes, "What are you? An adrenaline junkie?"

            Sehun purses his lips in mock thought, "Maybe. It describes me well don't you agree?"

            "I think insane describes you even better," snorts Kai as he stands and walks back towards the door.

            "Where are you going? Our job assignment doesn't start for about another two hours," questioned Sehun in confusion.

            "Exactly so I'm going to spend those two hours at our underground personal gun range, the boss didn't pay for it for nothing might as well put some use to it," replies Kai already halfway out the door.

            This time it's Sehun who snorts, "Yeah, sure, or you just want to see the new recruit trainer, DO."

            Kai pauses in his step at the mention of the name and quickly turns around to sputter out some sort of denial at this statement but Sehun is already walking past him out the door.

            "Come on already, let's get going. Can't keep your oblivious crush waiting, can we?"

            Kai only grumbles under his breath but makes his way out the door after Sehun regardless.

            Their short trek to the practice range wasn't far since the main hideout is connected to everything that they could possibly need making everything quite convenient for them.

            As the two welcomed themselves into the range while completely disregarding the safety posters slapped jokingly over the doorways (because really who in the world was going to look at those things given what they usually do?) they heard a two voices speaking to each other.

            "I don't understand, how is it that you keep missing the target? We've been at this for three hours already," DO's puzzled yet recognizable voice was the first to reach Kai's and Sehun's ears as they came closer to the shooting booths.

            "Sorry, shooting guns aren't really my… forte…" mumbles a second voice, definitely a new recruit that neither Sehun nor Kai have met yet.

            "Yeah… I can see that," replies DO with a slight down turn of his lips, "But it's understandable you were recruited for your ability to find information on practically anyone however you're going to need to know how to shoot just in case things become a little… messy on the jobs."

            The new recruits looks at DO in confusion, "I thought I was just going to supply information."

            "Oh, you are but you also have to pull your own weight too which means when the boss says you got a job to do, you're going to have to do it. The new recruits will always be the ones who are handed the dirty work since no one else wants to do it and the dirty work usually includes-"

            DO gets interrupted as Sehun finishes the sentence for the older with much enthusiasm, "Hunting down the bastards who broke our set laws and attempt to over throw our power."

            The new recruit is completely startled as an arm is suddenly thrown over his shoulders and a very good looking face is suddenly almost nose to nose with him.

            Sehun blinks as he looks at the newbie and scoots his face a little closer, "Hey, you're not bad looking. What's your name?"

            "Lu-Luhan," stutters out the flustered recruit as he tries to squirm out of Sehun's grasp due to complete embarrassment.

            DO sighs once he sees Sehun and Kai, "Looks like we'll be taking a break since these two are here, we'll never get anything done. The one invading your personal space is Sehun by the way and the other one is Kai."

            "Awww, but you love having us here to keep you company~" smirks Kai as he follows after DO while the older goes to the back room.

            Sehun rolls his eyes at Kai's obvious flirting and turns his attention back to Luhan who looks completely uncomfortable and slightly wierded out from everything that just happened. 'Definitely cute,' thought Sehun amusingly as Luhan turns to face him.

            There's a light pink dusting on Luhan's cheeks as he realizes Sehun was still looking at him, "Can you let go? I have to put the stuff in the booth away."

            Sehun smirks, "No I don't feel like it."

            At the answer Luhan glares at Sehun, "I have to-"

            "So what are you here for? Not everyone can join in our group without proper reason, plus it seems you're a really bad shot," asks Sehun causally as he cuts Luhan's words off, he doesn't really care, everyone has their story but he's curious to know why a cute guy like Luhan would decide to deal with the mafia.

            "I'm just an information broker that’s far too annoyed with getting offers from people to join their 'organization' as they like to call it, so yeah I'm not exactly good at shooting that should be obvious enough," responded Luhan with a grimace.

            That's a new reason Sehun's never heard of, how interesting, "I see, so why choose this 'organization' in particular?"

            "Simple, pick from the top and the weaker ones stay on the bottom," responded Luhan without hesitation, "Everyone wants information, it's what makes things possible and determines outcomes. I'm good at what I do so your boss had no problems accepting me. From what I and many others know EXO is one of the top mafias running the city from behind the scenes, no one would dare to go against the words of your boss right? And those who do are instantly taken out, so naturally I would choose this 'organization' since it almost guarantees the annoying people will be too afraid to approach me." Luhan looks at Sehun, "Your name, I've heard it before too. Oh Sehun right? Top shot, very reckless, and of course above all else completely merciless. You live as though there won't be a tomorrow for you."

            Sehun's smirk widens, "Wow, you are good at what you do, really good. But let's edit that piece of information you have, I live for the thrill it's the main reason I decided to join all this in the first place."

            Luhan scoffs, "You're insane."

            "I prefer adrenaline junkie," Sehun winks at Luhan teasingly before releasing the older to walk to the back door where DO and Kai had disappeared to beforehand, "Hey! We gotta go-"

            Sehun stops mid-sentence as he basically walked into a passionate make out session between Kai and DO. Ew. He doesn't even want to know how things escalated to that point. Walking back out of the door, Sehun approached Luhan who was now emptying the out the bullet cartridge in his gun.

            "Hey, let me see that real quick," without waiting for a reply Sehun grabs the pistol from Luhan's hands and checks to see that there's still one bullet in it, perfect, that's all he'll need.

            Luhan is bewildered as Sehun aims the gun at the back door, "What are you doing with-"

            "Just watch cutie, let me show you how to shoot like a pro," Sehun smiles at Luhan as his finger touches the trigger and he pulls.

            The gun goes off with a bang and the bullet flies at the door hitting it at just the right angle with just enough force that it causes the door to slam open breaking the couple out of their lip lock while the bullet lodges itself in the wall right beside Kai's head.

            Luhan's jaw drops in shock as Sehun leans over to close it for him with his finger under Luhan's chin, "Don't keep your pretty mouth open like that it might give people the wrong idea and I wouldn't want that."

            Luhan quickly recomposes himself before looking at Sehun in awe, completely disregarding what the younger said a few seconds ago, "How did you even do that?!"

            Sehun laughs, "Easy, pure natural talent~"

            Luhan isn't able to respond since Kai walks out of the wide opened door, lips slightly red and hair a bit disheveled.

            "You know, you could have just knocked and we would have probably stopped," responded Kai calmly as if he hadn't nearly had his head blasted open by a bullet, thanks to Sehun.

            The younger rolls his eyes, "As if, and my eyes are now scarred for life thanks to you two. Gross, can't you both have done that somewhere else?"

            Kai merely shrugs and starts walking towards the gun range's exit, "I'll be back later DO!"

            "Okay! Come back anytime!" calls out DO from the back door.

            Sehun's surprised at DO's response but doesn't question it as he makes a move to follow Kai so they can do their job assignment.

            "Are you also going to come back?" questions the voice behind him quietly.

            Looking over his shoulder, Sehun sees Luhan looking away from him as he fiddles with his fingers.

            "Maybe," replies Sehun before turning forwards and continuing to walk out the exit but not before raising his hand in a departing gesture at Luhan.

            As Sehun walks he can't help but feel intrigued by the newbie, he smirks, oh yeah he's definitely coming back to the practice range real soon to see how things go with Luhan. Besides he's bored with all these crappy job assignments and Luhan seems very entertaining.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

            It isn't until about a week later that Sehun gets the chance to go to the gun range once again, Kai is of course with him for the visit since he wants to see DO. Sehun had actually been looking forward to seeing Luhan, the new recruit somehow kept coming up in his thoughts despite just their short meeting throughout the week but the second that they entered the range all that the two of them could hear was explosive gun shots echoing in the room.

            Sehun and Kai don't even flinch since they're so used to the sound but the sudden noise of a clang, and DO's yell of "Watch out!" raises concerns for the two top shots. However, before either could let out any words a bullet comes whizzing right by Sehun's face freezing the younger in his step as the bullet lodges itself in the wall behind him.

            Kai let's out a low whistle as he witnessed the entire thing, "Damn that was close as hell."

            Sehun grunts in agreement as the two approach the shooting booths where DO and Luhan are standing.

            "How in the world did you even do that? You were no where near on target, that was so off target you might as well have been shooting blind folded," said DO.

            "I told you I'm not good at this!" frowned Luhan.

            DO sighs, "It just takes practice but you might need more practice than average…"

            "Seriously, Sehun almost took your off course bullet to the head," adds in Kai nonchalantly.

            Luhan gasps in shock, "What?"

            "Yeaaaah, I didn't realize you wanted me to come back here so you could shoot me," teased Sehun.

            "Don't say things that aren't true! Plus I didn't say I wanted you to come back! I was only asking if you were coming back or not!" sputtered Luhan indignantly.

            "Okay… So you did want to shoot me?" questioned Sehun playfully.

            "No! That was an accident!" said Luhan exasperatedly.

            "Okay, okay you two have your spat or whatever later. Luhan, try again," directed DO.

            Luhan sighs, "Okay," the older stands in position again as he raises the pistol gripped tightly in his hand carefully taking aim at the target placed at the half way mark.

            With a nervous bite to his bottom lip, Luhan pulls the trigger firing the bullet. The sudden recoil of the gun has his hands jolting upwards causing his fired bullet to run off course once again. There was a few clang noises as the bullet ricocheted off of something and suddenly DO yelled out, "Hit the ground!"

            Luhan, Kai, and DO were the first to duck as Sehun stood by the wall of the shooting booth, he could feel the heat of the bullet as it nearly grazed his leg before hitting the wall with a bang.

            Sehun looks at the hole in the wall that's only an inch away from where his leg was, "Huh, two close calls already. Wow, it's almost as if you're trying to be bad at this."

            Luhan gapes at the crater his bullet made in the wall before staring wide eyed at Sehun, "Oh my gawd, what the !? How are you so calm?! That almost hit you!"

            Sehun shrugs, "Adrenaline junkie, remember?"

            "You're crazy!" shouts Luhan.

            "That's what I said," adds on Kai with a laugh.

            DO scrunches his eye brows in confusion, "Why is it that ever since Sehun stepped into the room your bullets seem to go straight for him no matter how you aim?"

            "What?" questions Luhan with just as much confusion.

            "Here let me test something. Luhan, go again and take another shot, Sehun go stand over there in the corner in the far left booth," instructs DO as the others do as they're told. There is no way Luhan should be able to even reach Sehun with a bullet now since the younger was far too out of range and Luhan was aiming straight, whether it was on accident or on purpose the shot would be nearly impossible to hit Sehun.

            Luhan reloads his gun and takes aim again before pulling the trigger to release the bullet, there's a whirling noise of the bullet as it flies and shatters a light bulb above and the noise of metal being hit sounds out once more then came a small bang resonates in the room signaling the bullet finally lodged itself somewhere.

            "Sehun! You still alive?!" asks DO loudly.

            Sure enough, Sehun responds, "Yeah! But there's a bullet hole about three inches from my neck!"

            "No way!" shouts Kai as he runs over to the far left booth to check, "Damn! How does this even happen!? That's three times already!"

            In defeat, Luhan places his gun down on to the counter of the shooting booth as both Sehun and Kai come back. "I'm telling you all this is a horrible idea."

            "Apparently so but nearly shooting Sehun all three times was as close to hitting a target as you ever got," notes DO.

            Luhan frowns, "But  I wasn't even aiming for Sehun! I was aiming for the target!"

            "Why don't you try aiming for Sehun this time? Maybe you'll hit the target," suggests Kai.

            Three pairs of eyes turn to stare at Kai judgingly.

            "I was joking!" shouts Kai as he realizes everyone took him seriously.

            Sehun rolls his eyes at Kai before turning to face Luhan, "It seems even your bullets are attracted to me, huh never experienced that before. This should be fun."

            "What!?" sputters out Luhan as Sehun reaches past him to get to the gun on the counter.

            "Hey DO, you mind me taking over your job for a bit?" asks Sehun as he disregards Luhan's look of annoyance.

            DO shrugs, "If you want, but I'm telling you now if you die or something you can't pin the blame on me."

            "No problems there, doing this will definitely be a hell of a lot more interesting than the bull assignments I've been getting lately," replied Sehun with a smirk as he looks back at Luhan, reaching out to tilt the older's chin up with his finger and thumb, "It's even better when you're such a cutie, dodging your bullets shouldn't be difficult."

            Luhan's eye twitches in annoyance as he lifts his hand up to swat Sehun away from him, "No thanks, I'd rather keep missing the target if you're going to be the one taking over my shooting lessons."

             "Oooh acting feisty now? That makes me even more excited," grins Sehun as he finds an irritated Luhan even cuter than a compliant one.

            "Don't do anything rated m in my shooting booths or I swear to hell you'll be dodging my bullets next Sehun," warned DO before he dragged Kai off towards the back room again, "Now if you're going to be taking over my work then I'll leave you to it while I keep your partner entertained."

            Sehun makes a disgusted face at the last comment while DO and Kai quickly make their disappearance.

            "Gross," mutters Sehun under his breath as he checks on the amount of ammo the gun in his hand has, there's only one bullet left.

            "Why are you doing this?" questioned Luhan suddenly as he reaches out to take the gun back from Sehun's hands.

            Sehun pulls the gun just out of Luhan's reach and lifts it up so it's pointed directly at the other. Luhan freezes as he looks Sehun in the eye. The younger looks completely calm and void of emotion but Luhan also notices the corner of Sehun's lips twitch upwards slightly.

            "You going to shoot?" asks Luhan cautiously.

            Sehun grins innocently, "Yep."

            Luhan raises a brow, "At me?"

            In answer Sehun the gun, readying it to be fired, with a smile still on his face, "Are you scared?"

            It takes Luhan a few seconds to think up his answer before he states with an indifferent shrug, "Not particularly."

            Sehun's grin widens, "Good."

            Luhan doesn't even get the chance to blink as Sehun tilts the gun upwards over his head and pulls the trigger to let the bullet fly. Without even looking Luhan knows Sehun's hit the target right on the mark.

            "You're going to need to be fearless if you're going to be around me," Sehun hands the gun back to Luhan who has his hand held out expectantly, "Reload it and we'll really begin the lesson."

            Luhan grunts as he opens the gun's empty cartridge, "What was even the point of that?"

            Sehun leans forward as Luhan takes an instinctive step back eyeing the younger warily, but Luhan doesn’t get far since the shooting booth's counter blocks his way and Sehun places his arms out on either side of Luhan to further block the older in.

            "What are you doing now?" mumbles Luhan as he feels heat rush to his face at Sehun's close proximity, he can't even look the younger in the face because it's too embarrassing for him.

            "Answering your question," replies Sehun with that irritating smirk on his lips once more, he leans even closer to Luhan so they're practically chest to chest the only thing in the way would be Luhan's hands which were still clutched to the bullet less gun in his front, "The point was simply to test your entertainment level and surprisingly enough you pass."

             Luhan feels a jolt of mixed emotions surge through him at the answer and he glares at Sehun, "I'm not a plaything."

            "I know sweetheart, you'll surely be much more than that," Sehun kisses Luhan on the cheek sloppily before taking a step back so Luhan couldn't deck him across the face for the move, "But you are cute when you're flustered."

            Luhan flushes bright red as he lifts up the gun in his hand and points it at Sehun without really thinking things through he pulls the trigger. Sehun laughs as the clicking noise indicating the gun was empty rings out.

            "!" curses Luhan angrily as he turns around to reload the gun as quickly as possible.

            "Work hard~ Maybe you'll be able to really shoot me someday~" laughs Sehun amusedly.

            "Ugh! You are such an !" shouts Luhan frustratingly as Sehun leans forward to kiss him on the other cheek.

            Luhan's face enflames once more and he wipes his face with his sleeve before swinging his arm out to punch Sehun in his far too pretty face. Too bad Sehun catches Luhan's punch with ease, "Maybe I should teach you combat fighting too… hands on seems good right?"

            "Never!" hisses Luhan as he retracts his hand with a glare.

            "Fine, fine, let's get this lesson started then," says Sehun way too merrily for Luhan's current mood.

            Luhan shoves the now reloaded cartridge back into the gun and takes aim at the target, he doesn't even wait for Sehun's instructions as he fires. The sound of clashing metal rings out and ricochets off the walls seconds later and something in Sehun's instincts tell him to take a step to the left which he does just in time for a bullet to hit the floor right where his foot had been moments ago, leaving behind yet another hole in it's wake.

            "Nice shot," says Sehun sarcastically as he looks at the hole.

            Luhan groans loudly in response.

            There was no way this was going to end anytime soon. Ehhhhh, at least Sehun had finally found something to keep his interest now.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

            There is no slightest doubt in Sehun's mind that Luhan is really bad at shooting, he's so bad that Sehun had blindfolded the older once just to test out if there would be any improvement or not. Surprisingly there was improvement, the downside though? Sehun got a bullet to the arm after that stunt (Luhan apologized profusely afterwards and even treated the younger to whatever Sehun wanted after he got fixed up). Well at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter