"You'll Have To Catch Me First."

The Pianist

Minseok hadn't had time to be shy around a girl but he hadn't had time to flirt at all.

He was always stuck in his mansion preparing for his life.

His maids were servants and they were all over fifty anyway.

So when Sohee opens the door for Minseok, he doesn't have a clue on what to do or say.

Minseok clears his throat and looks to the cement below him.

"And you are back because..." Sohee pushed.

Minseok let out a light laugh.

"It...It didn't work." Minseok said sadly.

Sohee raised a brow.

"What didn't work?" She asked, reminding Minseok that he hadn't told her the story.

Minseok huffed.

"Can I come in? I have something to tell you." Minseok said.

Sohee didn't move a muscle.

"It'll take a while." Minseok stated.

Sohee finally nodded and moved out of the way so Minseok could enter.

"Thanks." Minseok muttered as he made his way in.

He headed toward the soft and bouncy sofa he had awoken on when they first met.

Minseok took a seat.

He looked at his arms, the peeling had gotten worse.

I need to hurry.

Sohee stood against the wall facing Minseok.

"Okay. So basically, my mother suicided but cursed me as she did so. She left me a note thing listing a whole bunch of piano pieces from like Mozart, Beethoven, etc. etc. And I basically had to play all of them or else I'd turn to dust by my twentieth birthday." Minseok explained, not taking a single breath.

Sohee nodded in acknowledgement as Minseok continued.

"And the last piece on the note was Heart and Soul but it wasn't by its original creator, it was supposingly by you. So Jongdae brought me here and we played it, I went home, and now I'm back cause it didn't work." Minseok said again in one breath.

Sohee waited but Minseok had finished so she spoke.

"Okay. Whoever you think I am, it didn't work. So go search out some other Sohee someplace or-"

"It said Ahn Sohee." Minseok pointed out. "You're the only Ahn Sohee, right?" 

Sohee sighed and crossed her arms.

"And why does it matter to me if you turn into dust?" Sohee asked, although she already had a reason to keep Minseok alive.

Minseok shrugged.

"I don't know. maybe you're just a nice person and would like to see life bloom?" Minseok said cheesily.

Sohee shook her head.

"You're really bad at persuasion." Sohee pointed out.

Minseok huffed.

"But I'll help you." Sohee said.

Minseok's eyes lit up and a wide smile formed on his face.

"Really? Okay-okay. Thank you." Minseok thanked.

Sohee averted her eyes from the sudden bright Minseok before her.

"What do you have in mind?" Sohee asked.

Minseok didn't know how to tell Sohee.

He had to win her heart and soul.

"Uhhh..." Minseok didn't know how to put it into words.

Sohee bounced off the wall.

"Let me guess." She said. "You need my soul." Sohee said.

Minseok looked up at her in surprise.

"H-How did you..." Minseok stuttered.

Sohee shrugged.

"Lucky guess." Sohee said, not wanting to throw Jongdae under the bus.

Minseok nodded.

"Sure, luck. And I also need umm...your heart-not literally or anything!" Minseok corrected himself.

Sohee waved it off.

"Yeah-Yeah. It's not like I'd jst let you take my heart and soul literally."

Minseok chuckled.

"Right."

"Okay. So how are you planning to win my heart and soul?" Sohee asked.

Minseok scratched his head in thought.

"Maybe by becoming closer to you?" Minseok said like a question more than an answer.

Sohee scoffed.

"Well, you'd better get started because I don't open up so easily." Sohee said as she opened a door. "You'll have to catch me first." Sohee said as she left Minseok alone in the living room and darted into another room.

"Wait! What do you mean?!" Minseok called.

He waited for an answer but nothing came so he had no choice but to follow her.

Minseok walked into the room Sohee had just been in and gasped in awe.

"Woah~"