"Who's Ahn Sohee?"

The Pianist

Kim Minseok is siting by his piano, scanning through a long list of bad hand writing.

"Aish." He crumpled the piece of paper up and tossed it on the cold tile beneath him. 

"Minseok." He turned around at the annoying sound of his name.

"What?" Minseok grumbled as his dad came closer. His dad mad contact with Minseok's head by smacking it. 

"Don't use that tone with me." His dad said sternly. Minseok sighed and rested his elbow on the piano's keys.

"Hard not to." He mumbled.

"What-"

"What do you want?" Minseok interrupted. His dad let it slide and handed Minseok a piece of paper from his suit pocket.

"These are the remaining songs you'll have to learn and I trust that you already know most of them." He said. Minseok accepted the small folded piece of paper and right as he took hold of it, his dad turned to the door. "Hurry and finish this piano curse nonsense so I can teach you how to be a real man." Then he diappeared through the dark doorway.

Minseok glared at the piano pieces once he unfolded the paper.

1-Beethoven: Sonata Op.106 in B flat major, ‘Hammerklavier’

2-Bach: Goldberg Variations

3-Beethoven: Diabelli Variations

4-Chopin: Sonata No.2 in B flat minor

5-Schumann: Fantasie in C, Op.17

6-...

The songs seemed too easy to play since Minseok knew all of them already. Just as he yawned, his eyebrows pushed to the middle of his forehead.

150-AHN SOHEE: Heart and Soul

He knew the song. It's composed by Hoagy Carmichael and it's an upbeat song. He never heard of anyone with the name of Ahn Sohee.

Minseok sat there brain fried.

Could it be Alkan? Arensky? Agnew? Arnold? Andriessen? Aaberg? Allevi? Auerbach...

"Since it is the last song, I'll think of it later. Better get started." Minseok decided as he went to his piano.

 

It took Minseok at least a week to play every piece perfectly and he was about to faint.

"Minseok, are you finished?" His dad asked for the eighth time today. Minseok did not fee like answering to anything he had to say or ask. Minseok groaned in reply, ticking his dad off once again. "You no good boy! Answer me when I ask you a question!"

Minseok shifted positions from the middle of his piano keys to the left. He kept silent.

"Fine! I'll be back once your child rage is over!" Then his dad stomped out the door. 

Minseok sighed.

"You're a child." He mumbled with empathy as he took a look at the list of fate. He looked at the last one, the one he was on. He would have been finished a while ago if it hadn't been for this Sohee person.

"Ahn Sohee." He said in attempt to trigger something, but it didn't work because he's never met anyone by this name! Minseok groaneed again. He's been groaning in frustration since forever now.

"Are you finished, son?!" Minseok huffed and shut his eyes.

"Shut up, Jongdae." He grumbled. He could hear Jongdae's groan of disappointment and heavy footsteps.

"How did you know?" Jongdae asked.

"He doesn't call me 'son'" Minseok answered.

"Are you done yet? You don't seem so happy. Stumped?" Jongdae asked, changing the subject. Minseok groaned.

Hell, yeah. He was stumped. He also felt as if he could sleep and never wake up again.

"Last one." Minseok said, lamely handing Jongdae the list of fate. Jongdae took it.

"Man. That . Stuck on the last one." Jongdae stuck out his lips and stared at the paper. He suddenly brightened. He smacked Minseok continously. "I know her! I know Noona!" Minseok lifted his head-with all the might he had-and turned his head-with all the might he had-to see Jongdae's brightly lit eyes.

"You do?"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

"Jong-" Jongdae pulled Minseok by the arm and out his mansion, not noticing Minseok's fatigueness.

"She's my neighbor! And it makes a lot of sense cause I used to hear piano pieces come from her house!" Jongdae said, Minseok covering his ears.

His friend was so loud.

They walked a couple more blocks because they didn't live far from the other. Jongdae stopped in front of a house that had overgrowing vines and bushes.

"Here it is! This is the house!" Jongdae pointed out, although it was quite obvious. "Now go on and knock. I'm sure she's home. I haven't seen her out in a while." Jongdae said as if it were normal. "3...2..."

It made Minseok a little unsure on if he should approach her or not and she is older, judging by the fact that Jongdae called her Noona.

What if she's a lot older?

"Go!" Jongdae yelled, giving Minseok a shove. Minseok fell on the door, creating a loud thud that Sohee was sure to have heard.

"Noona! Open the door!" Jongdae shouted, cupping around his mouth.

I feel like i'm going to-

Minseok's thoughts shattered when he felt the door move.

"Son, move!" Jongdae shouted, making Minseok attempt to look back at him; Instead, he lost balance and fell forward onto something small and scrawny. 

"Ah-" Minseok cut himself off when the sun's rays hit Sohee's face. Her face was pale and her hair was a mess.

She stared back with an expressionless face.

Minseok felt as if he was looking into a mirror as he dropped.

It's pitch black