Author's Note/Explanation

The Cruelty of Time

Hi guys!

So I'd like to explain what exactly happened, especially with the ending. I'm sure many of you are like "shrubby wtf was that did he crumble away like Voldemort or what" so now I will bring light to the events of the story.

JIMIN IS JUNGKOOK'S IMAGINARY FRIEND.

Jimin is a manifestation of Jungkook's childhood, which explains their close relationship when they were young. But as Jungkook grew older, he was forced to abandon his childlike innocence and develop into a matured adult. This is why Jimin and Jungkook eventually rarely interact with one another and why Jimin sort of dies in the end. In fact, Jimin's entire character is a projection of Jungkook's conscience. The description in the foreword could actually be seen from Jungkook's point of view, even though it is Jimin who is saying it, because it is heartbreaking to witness your own childhood fantasies die out as the adult reality sets in. Also notice how essentially all things were initiated by Jungkook, and Jimin just follows most of the time. That detail indicates that Jimin doesn't actually have an independent conscience and that he is a part of Jungkook's conscience. Jimin also calls Jungkook "blank," meaning that he was still an innocent child who had yet to have adulthood impressed upon him. When Jungkook finally began to grow up, he was no longer "blank" and therefore, there was no need for Jimin anymore.

This entire story was just a big mind-screw. I hope you have many feelings.

Damn son, am I right?

~greenshrub