ch.6

The Wedding Agreement

   It is two days before the wedding and Jongdae finally feels the jitters. She will blame it all on her nervousness when she picked her phone and dialed Sehun’s number, asking to meet him. Now, here she is, at the park near Sehun’s high end apartment while the said guy is nowhere to be seen. She walks back and forth to get rid her anxious feelings and also to keep herself warm. She should have force him to meet her at Baekhyun’s gallery earlier but no, she agreed easily when he said he’ll be waiting in the park.

“That damn Oh Sehun, I should have known. He’ll let me freeze here.” Jongdae scoffs, blowing her breath to warm her hand. She looks at the road and then to her watch, it’s been 15 minutes already.

“He has such a nice and warm house but no, he has to make me suffer. That good for nothing rude guy!”

Jongdae sniffs and she can feel a cold coming her way. She sneezes.

“Oh ! I swear to god Oh Sehun, if I catch a cold on my wedding day, I will-“

“You will what?”

Jongdae spins so fast that she almost falls on the snow but thankfully Sehun steadies her. Jongdae frowns looking at how casual Sehun looks without any kind of guilt.

“I will punch you at the altar in front of all those people just to humiliate you!”

“You won’t, you care so much for your perfect wedding to ruin it like that.”

Jongdae slaps Sehun’s hand on her shoulder and crosses her arm, pouting.

“Where have you been? You are supposed to be waiting for me here!”

“I was busy taking care of my transfer to your company, why do you want to meet anyway? You usually only call me for wedding matters.”

Sehun is not one for subtlety and said everything he’s pleased. He feels sorry for Jongdae but she won’t be getting any apologize if she wants one.

“But you can ask me nicely to wait in your house or something, not in some freezing place like this”

Jongdae ignores how right Sehun’s comment earlier was. She did only call him for wedding matters only and for two people who’ll get married in two days, they really know nothing about each other. She probably knows more about Minseok than Sehun.

“I was out, I don’t want to give my security code to you, yet.”

“I can wait in the lobby.”

“I don’t-“

Jongdae holds her hand in front of Sehun to make him stop and she sneezes for few times. Her nose is red and she’s busy sniffling.

“Are you sick?” Sehun asked, offering her his handkerchief. Jongdae glares.

“I was freezing my toes waiting for you, what do you think?”

She turns her back on Sehun to wipes her nose and Sehun wants to ask why she didn’t just wait with her driver then and tell her that it’s her own fault, but his hand works faster than his mouth. He grabs Jongdae’s arm.

“What are you doing?” Jongdae skeptically asked. After the stolen kiss, she can’t really believe him.

Sehun ignores her and walks back to his car.

“Wait, where are you taking me? I swear to god, if you dare trying something funny on me, I’ll file a report about ual harassment.”

Sehun stops himself from opening his car’s door and looks at Jongdae.

“Fine, if you want to look sick on your wedding then, just stay here. I am going home.”

Sehun lets go of her hand and rounds his car to get into the driver side. Jongdae blushes, she can’t believe she just said that to Sehun. Sehun gets in the car and rolls the window.

“You coming or not?”

Jongdae scrambles to get inside and lets out a deep sigh, pulling off her gloves, warming her fingers on the heater. Jongdae peeks shyly at his side.

“I am sorry”

Sehun keeps his eyes on the road, not answering her because he’s not in the mood of talking now. It makes Jongdae pouts and shrinks on her seat.

*****

Jongdae has never been in Sehun’s apartment before. She goes to his family house few times but this is the first time she sets foot on Sehun’s own house. And like she’s predicted, it’s so dull.

“Your taste in interior really doesn’t surprise me.”

She stares in distaste at the black and white coloring Sehun’s house while the owner of the house is in the kitchen, brewing her some tea. She walks to the book shelves and reads few of the books title and scoff.

“It’s all about business and management, figures. Guy like him won’t have any poetic read.” She mumbles.

She moves to the other side of the book shelves and gasps. This part of the house, she can appreciate. There is a couch in front of the window, a small table with a table lamp on it and the burgundy curtain that gives off a y vibe hanging on the big window. She walks to it and opens it, finding a glass window hanging there and she looks down immediately. She always wants to have a house with glass window like this, Baekhyun doesn’t have one because she’s afraid of height, whether she admits it or not.

“You’ll make it cracks if you keep on pushing your face on it.”

Jongdae jumps and looks back. Sehun offers her a cup of hot tea, chamomile. She takes a sip and smiles, tea always calms her down. She looks back at the window.

“I never peg you as the sentimental type.” She grins cheekily at Sehun. “Do you often sit here in the middle of night with a glass of wine and frown to the world?”

“You should go home if you have nothing to talk about.”

Sehun walks away from her and she follows. She ignores his jab and looks around the house more, she looks at the kitchen and she’s quite satisfied with it.

“You have a nice kitchen but I think we should buy some new kitchen appliances, like new plates and cups. I don’t really like the colors, you know. So dull.”

Sehun just stands there staring at this foreign girl who acts like she is the owner of the house, demanding changes in his house.

“Also, we probably should pick a new wallpaper for the rooms, it’s so emo, you know. Maybe a little dash of pink or some pastel colors, what do you think?”

Jongdae looks at him eagerly, a smile etching her lips and he doesn’t know what to respond. He would like to tell her off because this is his house and he’s the only one who can pick colors.

“Pink?” he doesn’t know why that’s the only thing coming out from his mouth. Maybe Jongin’s right, he does have problems communicating socially with people.

“Yes, pink, like soft pink because I love pink. It’s going to look cute.” Jongdae explain, pointing at the walls.

“I like the color as it is.”

“But I don’t.” Jongdae pouts but then brightens up again. “If I can’t change the wallpaper can I change some of the interiors? Like the couch? There is this one couch I found few days earlier and I think it’ll look good here.”

Jongdae moves to the pristine white couch he has and takes a sit there, looking so comfortable on it like she’s been there for a very long time. It totally bugs Sehun’s mind.

“Are you that happy moving in with me?”

Jongdae stops her inspection on the couch and stares at Sehun.

“What? You don’t want me to? So, you prefer on staying at my house instead? You know my Mom doesn’t like you that much yet”

Jongdae’s right, he won’t stand a day living in Jongdae’s house what with her Mom glaring and monitoring his every moves. She is one hell of scary woman and he doesn’t want to provoke her more. It’s like her eyes see everything and it’s really uncomfortable. It’s better to have Jongdae at his house than living at Jongdae’s house.

“I am just not used to you, yet.” He finally said and Jongdae laughs.

“Yeah, but you should get used to it fast because tomorrow all my things will arrive here.”

She smiles sweetly, this new information, Sehun doesn’t know.

“Tomorrow? I thought you’ll move in few days after the wedding.”

“No, it’s tomorrow because you know, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will take care of it while we are staying at Grand H for our first few nights.” Jongdae pouts at the thought. “Come to think about it, I still really want a honeymoon, a vacation. There is this place I really want to go. Why do you have to come to work so early?”

Jongdae pouts, thinking how Sehun denied the vacation ideas she had. He is such a lame guy who only thinks about work. Jongdae should just book a plane ticket to Italy alone, then.

“We can’t afford any dropping in shares anymore at Grand H, you know that. Your mom also asked to delay the honeymoon first.” Sehun looks at Jongdae and smirks. “Beside, staying few nights at Grand H is also honeymoon, we can do lots of honeymoon things.”

Sehun can’t help to because her reaction is so funny, it almost makes him laugh. Her face turns red and she almost chokes on her drinks. She clears and stands up, inspecting few pictures on the wall. She touches a picture with of him with Jongin and Zitao, where Zitao has her arms around both of the guys and smiling happily at the camera. It was taken few years back, when they were still college students.

“Hey, I know this girl. She stays at Grand H. how do you know her?” She points at Zitao

“She’s my-“

Sehun stops, what should he tell Jongdae? Tell her that Zitao’s his ex girlfriend? No, he doesn’t really want Jongdae to find out about it. He stares at Jongdae who’s waiting for his answer and his mouth just answer with the most diplomatic way.

“She’s my friend, we met at college.” That’s true, they are friends and met at college, so he’s not lying.

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me before? She’s such a cute girl and also very pretty.”

Jongdae snickers, remembering the first time she met Zitao.

“Pretty?”

“Yeah, just look at her, she has such a pretty eyes and a height I would kill for and also, all those curve. It makes me kind of jealous.”

Jongdae explains as if it’s nothing to talk about girls’ body to a guy, moreover talking about how curvy Zitao is to Sehun. Sehun knows all those curves, he’s touched them before and those pretty eyes, they can be scary sometimes.

“Are you always this open minded?”

“What?”

“You talk about other girl in front of your soon to be husband like it’s nothing.” Jongdae scoffs and puts the frame back on its place before moving to other pictures.

“What? Hearing me talks about her bother you that much? It’s not like she’s your girlfriend or something” Jongdae then suddenly turns to him, squinting her eyes. “Is she your secret girlfriend? Is that why you don’t like it when I talk about her? Because you don’t want me to find out?”

Sehun laughs at that because Jongdae can be really cute, like now.

“Why are you laughing?” Jongdae crosses her arms, trying to look mad.

“You are acting like a jealous wife, it’s funny.”

Jongdae wants to retort on that but then she blushes. She is acting like a jealous wife. She’s not suppose to act like this, she doesn’t want Sehun to tell her off again like at the jewelry shop for crossing the line. She turns her back on Sehun, decided to change the topic.

“Did you have the rings yet? Don’t tell me you don’t have them..”

Sehun stops, should he tell Jongdae about the rings he bought? Should he tell her that he get the pair Jongdae wants? Sehun decides against it, he wants to see her reaction when he put it in her finger. It’ll be more hilarious.

“Yeah, but I am not allowing you to see it.”

“Why?” Jongdae turns to him and whines. She’s been thinking about what kind of ring Sehun got but Sehun is such an , not telling her anything.

“Just wait 2 more days.” Sehun drinks his tea,signaling that he doesn’t want to talk about it and from Jongdae’s observation this past month, Sehun won’t tell her anything. It makes her pout. She sighs, looks at how Sehun avoids her gaze. She just waits then.

“Hey, I’ll have my bachelorette party tonight because you know, I don’t want to have a hangover on my wedding and also, I think there will be strippers. Baekhyun insisted. When will you have yours?”

Sehun eyes her, fascinated. Jongdae is really good at changing topics. “I bet Jongin will be mad if he knows there are strippers surrounding Kyungsoo.”

“Oh my god!” Jongdae looks guilty, she holds his arm casually. “You won’t tell Jongin right? Because if you do, Baekhyun and I will have to face the wrath of Kyungsoo. I don’t want to die yet, not before the wedding!”

Sehun stares at the hand holding his and shakes his head. Jongdae sags back on her chair, relieved, but then glares at Sehun.

“You better keep your promise. Beside, it’s not like you won’t have any strippers on your party.”

Sehun laughs because yes, he will have strippers on his bachelor party, courtesy of Zitao, but Jongdae doesn’t need to know that.

“By the way, do you think the food will be enough? What if there are more people than we thought? Or what if there’s some accident like drunk people trying to ruin the party.  Or maybe Kris will scare everyone away and no body bothers to show up?”

“Who is Kris?”

“Grand H GM, he takes full control of the wedding reception and you know what, he’s kind of scary, so when you work with him you better be nice” Jongdae teased and Sehun feels like something’s clogging his throat. He still doesn’t understand Jongdae’s fast changing moods, yet. One second she’s angry and then shy and now they are having casual conversation and Jongdae is smiling and acting like she’s known him for a long time. It feels so domestic.

“Hey, are you even listening?”

Jongdae looks at him and she is pouting once again. There is nothing Sehun wants to do more than to kiss that pout away. He thinks about the kiss they share at their first meeting and he wants to do that again. He almost grabs Jongdae’s face but he thinks about their wedding day, he’ll get to taste those lips again, for now he just nods and lets Jongdae chatters his ear off, forgetting to ask the reason why Jongdae wanted to meet him earlier. This is nice, he thinks.

*****

Sehun finds himself staring at the mirror in front of him two days later. He is been standing there for about ten minutes and finally wakes up from his daydreaming when somebody hits his head. He averts his eyes to the person next to him thru the mirror and finds Jongin grinning happily, eventhough he has a very noticeable eye bags.

“Look at you, man!”

“You look awful”

“Not as awful as you, you look like you are going to walk to your doom with that frown on your face, while this” Jongin points at his face.”Is the face of a happy best man”

“Don’t tempt me to tell Kyungsoo about last night”

Jongin laughs, hangs his hand on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Relax. Now, after you become a married man, we can hold secret meetings between husbands and I am so happy we can finally have some secrets from Zitao”

Sehun snorts and slaps Jongin’s hand from his shoulder. He straightens his bow tie and comes to remember how Jongdae picks his clothes. He averts his eyes from the mirror, and drinks the champagne. He can’t help but feeling nervous and Jongin seems to catch it for he’s offering him another glass.

“You will be fine, don’t worry that much” Jongin sincerely said and Sehun looks at the door.

“Have you seen Zitao or my sister?”

Jongin just laughs. “I think I saw Zitao on ballroom earlier, flirting with someone. And your sister’s at Jongdae’s waiting room. She will probably be here in a while.”

Sehun looks at him and he can’t help asking. “Have you seen Jongdae, then?”

Jongin nods and Sehun tempts to ask how she is but Jongin’s been his best friend since high school, he knows with only looking at Sehun’s face.

“She looks pretty, although she’s having hard time breathing.”

“What are you talking about?” Sehun doesn’t want to sound like he cares but Jongin just scoffs.

“Don’t worry, she is fine. She is just more nervous than you. Bakehyun and Kyungsoo are there, she won’t run away.”

Jongin grins at him and he gulps down another glass of champagne.

“She is been waiting for this day, she won’t run away that easy.”

“Are you relieved or disappointed?”

Sehun gives him a look and Jongin turns serious out of sudden.

“Like you said, Jongdae’s been waiting for this day, so I hope you can be nicer to her. She is a good girl.”

“What’s this? Are you doing the brother talk to me? Are you Jongdae’s brother now?”

“Someone’s got to do this. You won’t want Choi Siwon telling you this, right?” Sehun keeps his silence, like Heechul, Siwon also scares Sehun sometimes with his uptight attitude. Jongin continues. “She doesn’t deserve to be hurt by you, so I hope you can keep her happy. You don’t know her, I understand but I think you’ll come to like her. She is good for you.”

The smile Jongin offers to him is warm and Sehun doesn’t know what to say because deep down he knows that. He is probably already develops some kind of feelings toward Jongdae, not that he will admit, especially not now, not in front of Jongin.

*****

Jongdae is currently hyperventilating in her own waiting room. She is in the middle of breathing exercise with Baekhyun’s guiding her.

“There you go, now exhale slowly, slowly Jongdae, don’t choke”

Jongdae breaths slowly, holding Baekhyun’s hand. Kyungsoo who sits on the chair, eating some desert rolls her eyes.

“You are so over dramatic. It’s just a wedding. You won’t die on it, unless Sehun decides to run away, then you can panic.”

Hearing that, Jongdae breaths faster and her eyes’ are already wet. Kyungsoo sniggers but Baekhyun glares at her. The older girl holds both of Jongdae’s hand.

“Don’t listen to her. She is Kyungsoo, she is bitter about everything.”

“But what if-“ Baekhyun shakes her head.

“Your breathings, Dae, inhale and exhale” Baekhyun guides and Jongdae follows. “Sehun will be there, waiting for you at the altar and you are going to dazzle him for looking so pretty, okay?”

Jongdae breaths as Baekhyun instructed and she nods.

“Now, repeat after me.” Jongdae nods, waiting for Baekhyun. “I won’t cry and ruin my make up, I will look the prettiest and will make Sehun look like an idiot.”

“I won’t cry” Jongdae sniffles. “I am the prettiest, Sehun is an idiot.”

Baekhyun taps her shoulder, smiling. “Good, now go back to your breathings”

Jongdae breathes slowly, she won’t cry, she doesn’t want to look like an idiot at her wedding. She is a strong woman. Jongdae is busy hypnotizing herself when the door opened, revealing her Mother and Siwon.

“How’s the beautiful bride doing?” Siwon comes to kneel in front of her and kisses her hand. Jongdae smiles at him and shakes her head.

“I feel like throwing up”

Siwon kisses her hand one more time before standing up, letting Heechul sits next to her daughter. Jongdae immediately comes to her Mom’s embrace.

“Don’t ruin the dress or your make up, Jongdae.” Heechul said genuinely, she rubs Jongdae’s back for few times before straightening her up and offers her a box.

“What’s this?”

“Open it.” Heechul urges her and Jongdae opens it. Her first reaction after seeing the things inside is to gasp and trying not to cry. Heechul grabs the things inside.

“Mom, are those?”

Heechul nods and starts peeling Jongdae’s gloves off. “Yeah, this is mine. I wore it on my wedding day and I am giving it to you as your something old.”

Jongdae lets her Mom pull her new gloves and changes it with the old ones. She like it and it fits well on her. She hugs her Mom.

“Thank you, Mom.”

Jongdae lets Heechul go and smiles, happy to have her something old, but realizing this she gasps.

“What now, drama queen?” Kyungsoo comments from her comfortable chair, a glass of champagne on her hand.

“I don’t have something blue…” Jongdae faces her, looking like it’s the end of the world.

“Well, you actually do. Be a little thankful you have me as your best friend. I asked the flower shop to tie a blue ribbon on your bouquet. Not even Baekhyun who is your maid of honor thought about it” Kyungsoo grabs the bouquet and present it to Jongdae. She grins at Jongdae and then at Baekhyun who’s scoffing. Kyungsoo was quite mad when she found out that Jongdae’s picked Baekhyun as her maid of honor, not her. She is clearly a better choice. But she knows Jongdae and Baekhyun have been together since they were born, so it’s actually okay, but it doesn’t mean she can’t be bitter about it. Jongdae doesn’t have time to indulge herself in her best friends’ childish fight, she has other things to worry.

“Okay, but I don’t have something borrowed. Oh my god!” She stands up, gestures wide in the air. “I can’t get married if I don’t have something borrowed.”

“Jongdae, calm down…”

Baekhyun tries to calm her and tells her to do her breathing exercise again.

“But, Baek…. I don’t have something borrowed..” She wails

“You do, don’t worry. Now, your breathings…”

Baekhyun rubs Jongdae’s shoulder, eyes moving to Kyungsoo to ask her to think about something and Kyungsoo rolls her eyes, saying something about idiot maid of honor. To calm everybody’s down, Heechul steps forward.

“Calm down, Jongdae. It doesn’t matter whether you have something borrowed or not. Your wedding will go on.”

“No Mom, you don’t understand…”

“I understand, you are just having wedding jitters. Do you want some tea? I’ll tell Kris to bring some.”

Jongdae shakes her head. “I’ll throw up.”

Baekhyun claps her hands and moves closer to Jongdae.

“I have your something borrowed.”

“What?” Jongdae eyes her. “Please don’t say it’s your Dad, because I know I am borrowing your Dad to walk me to the altar, but I think we have an agreement that your Dad is also my Dad and my Mom is yours too?”

Baekhyun rolls her eyes. “Of course not, silly. Now sit down” She makes Jongdae sits again and moves to take off her brand new earrings.

“What are you doing?” Jongdae grabs her wrist but Baekhyun insists to take off Jongdae’s earrings then proceeds to takes her own earrings off too.

“This is your something borrowed.” Baekhyun presents her earrings to Jongdae and she is clearly happy about it. Jongdae hugs her declaring how much she loves Baekhyun.

“I love you so much, Baek. You are the best.”

Baekhyun helps her wear the earrings, making Kyungsoo grumbles.

“I don’t now why but I feel insulted.”

“You know I love you too, Kyungie, don’t worry.” Kyungsoo scoffs, getting back to her drinks.

They chatter for a while before the door opened, revealing Kris.

“It’s time” The GM said and everybody turns quiet. Hecchul stands first, she pats Jongdae’s face.

“This is time, are you ready, Jongdae?”

Heechul is not implying about the wedding and Jongdae knows that. Once she walks out, everything will change. Their arrangement will formally start. Jongdae breathes heavily and nods her head. Her mom squeezes her shoulder.

“I’ll be on the first row. Come on Baekhyun, Kyungsoo.” Heehul motions for both girls to also leave.

“Good luck!” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo hug Jongdae.

“Hold tight on my Dad, or else you will fall and everybody will laugh at you.” Baekhyun tease before taking Kyungsoo’s arm to lead them outside, laughing.

“I’ll get on you later, Byun!” Jongdae laughs and she feels Siwon’s laughing at her side too.

“You ready?”

Siwon offers his hand and Jongdae takes it, letting Siwon put her hand around his arm.

“Please, just don’t let me fall” Jongdae pleads, following Kris outside too, with Siwon at her side.

“I will never. Han Geng Hyung will kill me if I let you fall.”

Jongdae smiles, tightening her grips on Siwon’s hand.

“I am sorry if it’s me walking you, you must be disappointed.”

They stop in front of a door leading to the altar and Jongdae looks up at Siwon. She then cranes her neck to kiss him on the cheek, startling the old man.

“I am happy you are here, Uncle. Thank you for taking care of me and my Mom.”

Siwon squeezes her hand. “You are practically my daughter, it’s my duty to take car of you, especially after your Dad’s gone.”

Kris clears his throat, making both of them looking his way.

“Is it too late for me to ask you to stop this all?”

His serious face then turns friendly, smiling at Jongdae. Jongdae almost hits him but remembers that she is holding her wedding bouquet.

“You are funny, Kris. But no, I am no coward who runs away at the last minute.”

“Then don’t faint when you walk out”

Kris smiles, opens the door, and the music plays. Jongdae heaves a deep breath and squeezes Siwon’s hand.

“I am ready.”

They start walking and she doesn’t miss the congratulation Kris tells her. She needs to treat him sometimes after this. She looks to the front and the closer they got the colder she feels her hand is and Siwon constantly squeezing it to calm her. She look at the man waiting for her at the altar, there he is, Oh Sehun, looking at her with emotions void from his face. She really wants to scold him for being so passive but holds her self from frowning. This is her wedding, she is going to enjoy everything. She puts on her best smile and stares at Sehun confidently.

*****

When the door opened and the music started playing, Sehun turns back. He is so nervous that his hand is sweating continuously but he can’t wipe it on his clothes, it’ll look ugly and Jongdae will surely scold him. When he saw Jongdae he can’t really control his suddenly fast beating heart, he’s seen her with the dress before but Sehun is still mesmerized by it. Jongdae is there, walking towards him with a beautiful smile painting her pretty face.

Jongdae is staring at him the whole time and he gulps. He doesn’t know why but he’s feeling something inside him and he perhaps looks like an idiot because Jongin snickers behind him. But no, that’s not important because Jongdae is right in front of him now and she freaking smiles. Siwon coughs a little and Sehun looks at him. The older man takes Jongdae’s hand in his, kisses it before handing it to Sehun. Sehun takes it.

“Take a better care of her, please.” Siwon said, voice hard and Sehun knows that it’s a threat. Sehun nods and he brings Jongdae with him, facing the front.

The music quiets and it all begins.


And it all begins...

I hope you guys can enjoy about what's to come. The real journey will officially start. Also, don't worry this is not the end of the wedding chapter. Chanyeol will show up in the next chapter!

Love.
D