ch.3

The Wedding Agreement

Chapter 3   

  Jongdae can’t say she is shocked when Kyungsoo told her that she will be staying at Grand H with her husband for the time being.

“My parent won’t dare coming here dragging me out because they are scared of ruining their relationship with Grand H and your Mom. So I will be staying here for I don’t know how long and you better give me some discount!”

Kyungsoo plainly said. It’s not a question, it’s more like a threat and Jongdae knows better than making Kyungsoo angry so she nods. She looks at Kyungsoo’s left, smiling to Jongin.

“What are you talking about? You and your husband are perfectly fine paying the normal price. Should I upgrade your room instead? You should stay at the honeymoon suite. What do you think, Jongin?” She laughs but Kyungsoo awards her with a glare, making Jongdae yelp.

“Jongdae, stop creeping him like that, not everybody thinks your smile’s cute and no the honeymoon suite is full of flowers, are you trying to kill me?”

“Aw, I forget you have allergy. You are so not fun. How can a noble man like Jongin fall for you?”

Jongdae clicked her tongue and gets a hit from Kyungsoo for it. Kyungsoo is violent like that.

“My God, Kyung, stop glaring her down. She is a vulnerable soul, right now.” Baekhyun tease and Jongdae pouts. “Do you realize that you just marry a Satan descendant, Jongin? Did she threaten to kill you if you denied marrying her?”

Jongin lets a laugh and just hugs the pouting Kyungsoo. “I totally fall to her spell, that is.” Kyungsoo glares at him.

“Don’t make me divorce you this early, Jongin!”

“Aw. Look at how cute she is when she’s mad.” Jongin then kisses her check, making her blush. “I love you”

Jongin murmurs and Baekhyun and Jongdae can’t help but giggle looking at how red Kyungsoo. Jongin then lets go of his wife and checks his wrist watch. He pouts, looking at Kyungsoo.

“I am sorry, Honey, I need to go. I promised Sehun to meet him today” Jongin scoffs. “That good for nothing guy, he seems to cause some trouble again.” Jongin laughs and kisses Kyungsoo full on the lips, not caring about Jongdae and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo smiles after the kiss.

“Be careful driving”

Jongin nods and stands up, giving Baekhyun and Jongdae a wave before he goes.

Kyungsoo faces her friends again and smirks.

“So what is it about a wedding that I heard from Baekhyun? Tell me everything” Kyungsoo smirks at Jongdae and the said girl just rolls her eyes, not feeling like story telling now.

“Tell me what you know about Oh Sehun.”

“What about him? He is Jongin’s friend” Jongdae stares at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo stares back, not getting the gist of it. But then she gasps.

“Oh my god! It’s Oh Sehun you are marrying?”

Jongdae snorts and Kyungsoo points an accusing stare at Baekhyun.

“Why didn’t you tell me that on the phone?”

“It’s funny seeing your surprised face” Baekhyun laughs and Kyungsoo hits her.

“So when’s the big day?” Kyungsoo turns to face Jongdae

“It’s not yet decided, I am going to officially meet him tonight”

Kyungoo raises her eyebrow letting out a confused what. “So you tell me that you are going to meet Sehun tonight for the first time but the marriage is already decided?”

Jongdae looks away, she stares at the hotel’s front desk, seeing Kris talking to a model like lady with a long black hair and a fluffy winter coat. Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun and the older girl sighs, deciding that she is the one who should explain. Jongdae just tunes them out, paying attention to people on the restaurant with their rigid postures and back at the front desk when she heard an angry voice. The model like lady is now glaring at Kris and the GM tries his best to assist her without losing his cool. He meets Jongdae’s eyes and then speaks to the lady. He looks back at Jongdae and walks toward her. She gasps seeing the model like lady follows, grabbing Baekhyun’s sleeve, she jerks in her seat.

“Baek, why are they walking toward us? Why does Kris look at me like that?”

Baekhyun tries to pry her off and Jongdae yelps hearing Kris’ deep voice behind her. Jongdae faces them with a worried look etched on her face, Kris pretend not to see it.

“I am sorry to disturb your time, Ma’am, but this needs your immediate attention.” Kris motions to the model like lady behind him and she swears she gasps embarrassingly loud. That is one hell of a pretty lady. “This is Ms. Huang, she reserved a suite room yesterday at 9 AM but she didn’t come until the next 24 hours. As you know, our policy has a 24 hours time limit for reserving room and now” He looks at his watch “It’s already 1 PM, but Ms. Huang doesn’t seem to understand the situation quite well, so I hope, Ms. Chairman can explain to her better”

Jongdae can fell Kris’ smirking down at her. He is so adamant at giving her job to do. She looks back at the annoyed Ms. Huang and stands up, offering her hand. She needs to look like she understands what she is doing.

“Hi, I am Grand H Chairman, Kim Jongdae. I am very sorry for your inconvenience, Ms, please sit down.”

Ms. Huang shakes her hand and sits on Jongin’s seat earlier.

“Call me Zitao. Look, Ms. Chairman-“

“Plaese, call me Jongdae” She tries to smile disarmingly at her and the lady-Zitao- stops for a moment and stares at her before continuing.

“Look, Jongdae, I know I am late but this is not my fault, the plane got delayed and my ignorant friend didn’t even bother to pick me at the airport, so I have to find my own way here. I want that reserved room back.”

Jongdae can feel Kris’ scary aura behind her but she just gulps, trying to calm down.

“I am really sorry, Zitao but we have policies here, if you still insist on staying in that room you have to pay for some penalties, it is if the room is still available.” Good thing she listen well to Siwon about the policies yesterday and good thing she remembers.

“I don’t want to pay for it, I’ve told that man before!” Zitao now pouts and Jongdae kind of wants to hug her and tell her that yes she can have the room, which ever she likes. But, her back feels cold from Kris’ aura, if she ruins it, Kris will surely tell her Mom and she doesn’t want to be scold on her second day at work, nonetheless.

“What about we offer you another room, Ms. All of the room here has the same standard and quality, that way you don’t have to pay for the fine, beside I don’t think that room you reserved is still available, we’ve got quite customers here.” This time Baekhyun smiles at her and Jongdae lets out a small sighs, thanking her. Baekhyun looks at Kris. “Can you prepare another room for this lady, General Manager Kris?”

Kris stares and nods. “There are few empty rooms on the 4th floor” He looks back at Zitao. “If you want, I can tell the others to prepare the suite room on the 4th floor, Miss.”

Zitao turns away from him and pouts. “I don’t want to”

“If I may know the reason?”

Jongdae sees the pink tints on Zitao’s cheek when she mumbles something that she needs to hold her laugh.

“I am a firm believer of bad luck numbers, and 4 means death. I don’t want to be eaten by some hotel ghost if I stay there.” Zitao looks at Jongdae, still red in the face. “You must think I am embarrassing, but I am Chinese and we strongly believe in that.” Jongdae nods, trying so hard to control her face.

“It’s fine, every one has something they are scared of.” She looks at Kris, raising her eyebrow at the ever so stoic GM who is now staring intently at Zitao. She waves in front of his face and he snaps back, looking at Jongdae like he’s been caught doing something.

“Don’t we have any other suite room aside from that?”

Kris clears his throat and shakes his head at Jongdae, then looks at Kyungsoo.

“I am afraid the last room that’s not on the 4th floor was already occupied by Ms. Do”

Jongdae looks back at Kyungsoo and suddenly a great idea comes to her.

“Kyungsoo” She purrs and Kyungsoo glares at her.

“What?”

“Our customer here cannot stay at the 4th floor, you are on the 7th, right? Would be a saint and help her?”

Kyungsoo glares hard at her best friend, she almost shakes her head but when she looked at Zitao she is looking at her with stars in her eyes, so hopeful. Kyungsoo sighs.

“Alright, I’ll move”

Zitao cheers. “OMG! You are so nice” She hugs Kyungsoo immediately and Kyungsoo smiles politely.

“But can you wait until my husband gets here? I need to tell him first.”

Zitao nods, still smiling widely. “It’s okay, but can I at least put my carrier inside? I need to meet my friend too after that, so take your time.”

Zitao stands up and bows at them. She bows at Kris too. “Thank you so much for your understanding.” She said to Jongdae.

“It’s fine, as a gift, we’ll serve you a bottle of our finest wine later complete with some midnight snack. I hope you can enjoy your stay here”

Zitao grins and Kris leads them back to the front desk.

“Well, that is one hell of a weird girl, but she is cute so it’s acceptable” Baekhyun said loudly. Jongdae looks at Kyungsoo who is smiling sweetly at her.

“Why are you smiling like at? It creeps me out, if you want a thank you, so, thanks Kyungsoo, I really appreciate it.”

Kyungsoo just laughs and shakes her head. “If you want to thank me, you better thank me right.”

Jongdae groans. “What do you want?”

“Your room, the penthouse at the top floor.”

“You have got to be kidding me! That’s my hiding spot!”

Jongdae pouts at Kyungsoo but the younger girl just smiles. “Don’t worry, you are allowed there when I am not in mood for some Jongin”

“Don’t tell those things to me, I don’t need to know!” Jongdae closes her ears and both girls laugh at her antic.

“Well, who might guess the great Kim Jongdae is actually a , Sehun would be delighted to find out.”

Kyungsoo teases, enjoying the red coloring Jongdae’s face.

“You both are ert. Beside, the thing with Sehun is different, just because you marry someone you love, you can just willingly give yourself to him and don’t get me started on you Baek” Jongdae points at Baekhyun.

“What’s with me?”

“Oh please, you were such a at high school.”

“Hey! That was high school!” Baekhyun pouts. “We don’t speak of it anymore”

“Yeah, high school. Hey Kyungsoo,” Jongdae turns to Kyungsoo. “remember last year about that girl who tries to get into Kris’ pants?”

Baekhyun shoves a muffin to Jongdae’s mouth, face red. “Nothing happened!”

“Yeah, that’s because Kris has a cold heart who marries his job.” Kyungsoo said. The girls laugh happily at that, but stop abruptly hearing a deep voice, Kris’ voice. They gasp and look as innocent as they can.

“What do you need Mr. General Manager?” Jongdae talks sweetly and Kris just gives her a glare.

“Nothing, I am here to tell you that you did good. Although you have no idea about Grand H, you tried and it was good.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You really think I can’t solve the problem with Ms. Huang earlier?” He grins cheekily. “I was just testing you, Ms. Chairman. I am sure you will do good, even without that husband of yours.”

Jongdae crosses her arms. “You cannot talk about that matter lightly.”

“Of course not. Don’t worry, I am here to make sure everything’s right.”

Kris bows at them and walks away. Jongdae snorts. “If only he’s not good at his job, I am not going to let him order me around.”

Baekhyun drinks her hot chocolate and looks at Jongdae. “At least you know he’s a loyal man. You are going to need a lot of his help later on.”

Jongdae pouts at her and she feels Kyungsoo’s hand on hers. Kyungsoo offers her an encouraging smile.

“I hope everything turns okay for you.”

“Easy for you to say, you marry someone you love.” Jongdae can’t help the jealousy in her voice, Kyungsoo tighten her grasp.

“Yeah, and look where I am now, hiding behind your Mom’s back to handle my parent.” Kyungsoo sonically said but she then softens, giving Jongdae’s hand a squeeze. “Even the start is bad, I hope the ending will bring you happiness. Sehun is a nice guy.”

Jongdae stops her self from retorting that he is not but she doesn’t really know the guy yet. She grips Kyungsoo’s hand back. Deep down Jongdae also hopes for the same thing, hoping that maybe this is going to be alright, maybe Sehun and she will be alright.

“I am happy for you, Kyungie…”

Jongdae smiles and then Bekhyun grasp their hand in hers, not wanting to be left out.

“I am happy for you too. May you have a pretty daughter like me and not like Jongdae, she is whiny”

“Like you can talk!”

Jongdae yells but then laughs, happy that her friends are so supportive.

****

Sehun is on his second glass of scotch when Jongin came, slapping his shoulder.

“You are drinking in the middle of working, how awesome.” Jongin grins and orders himself a glass too.

“You are late.” Sehun said, not even looking at Jongin’s happy smile, it blinds him.

“I know, I met Kyungsoo’s friends earlier, they are interesting people.” Jongin said while shaking his glass. “One of them is the owner of Grand H actually, poor girl, so young with a very big burden. Hey have I told you that I’m practically living at Grand H now?” Jongin looks at Sehun and finds his best friend is looking seriously at him.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Jongin tries to wipe his face but then Sehun holds his hand.

“Did you just say the owner of Grand H is Kyungsoo’s friend?”

“Yeah, Jongdae, what about her?”

Sehun contemplates about telling Jongin and he decides that he needs to let it out unless he got mad by himself. He tells Jongin about the funeral, her dad’s meeting with Kim Heechul and lastly the appointment with Jongdae tonight. Jongin just stares at him, nodding once a while. When he’s finished, Jongin orders another drink and someone slaps Jongin’s head, making him glare at who ever it is only to find Zitao grinning widely at them, holding her fingers in v shape and takes a sit on Sehun’s left side, her hand sweeping around Sehun’s shoulder in flirty manner.

“What’s with the atmosphere here? It’s so tense I can hardly breathe.”

The bartender attends to her immediately, forgetting Jongin’s drink and Jongin snorts at her.

“Where have you been? I thought you arrived last night. Did you even get a room at Grand H?”

Zitao smiles sweetly at the bartender before answering. “Yeah, someone kind enough to change her room with me. I change the plan, so I went home first yesterday but then I got stuck, so I couldn’t make it last night. My mom was so into making me stay in China. She thinks she can make me marry that old widower and inherit his wealth when he died in probably about a year, nothing unusual.” She clicks her tongue and turns to both men. “So, how’s it going with you two?”

Zitao stares at Sehun but Sehun ignores her, so she looks at Jongin curiously. Jongin shakes his head and gulps his drink.

“He is stressed. His dad finally finds the girl he deems appropriate for Sehun”

Zitao looks back at Sehun, her hand comes to rub his shoulder.

“Aww, you shouldn’t have broken up with me, we could be the perfect couple and I am sure your Dad will love me”

Jongin laughs and nods making Sehun scoffs. “Living with a girl as high maintenance as you for the rest of my life? I don’t think I’ll survive.”

“Well, at least you know I am great in bed.” Zitao winks and drinks her gin and tonic.

“That’s just gross, Taozi.” Jongin said and Zitao pushes her hand across Sehun to hit Jongin.

“You are gross, not inviting me to your wedding, that’s just a shame Jongin. If I meet her I’ll make sure to tell her all your embarrassing stories at college.”

Zitao glares at Jongin who ducks his head from Zitao’s nails. The only girl in the group snorts and turns to Sehun, smiling charmingly.

“Do you want me to go to your parent house and tell them I am pregnant with your child to help you get out of this?”

Zitao then laughs at her own words making Sehun cracks a smile too. He knows he can always count on his friends.

“Well, if you do I am sure Sehun’s Father would just tell you to get an abortion unless you have a five star hotel in Las Vegas.”

Jongin retorts while texting with most likely Kyungsoo. Zitao’s eyes widen.

“No way! She is that rich? What kind of she is?” Zitao asked, feeling shocked but she is more surprised hearing Sehun’s answer.

“Name Kim Jongdae, occupation owner of 55% Grand H hotel shares.”

“You are joking right?” Zitao said with uncertainty dripping in her words. Sehun snickers and just gulps down his drink. Zitao turns to face Jongin. “Tell me he is joking, please.”

“I want to but unfortunately it’s all true story. So now you understand why this case is serious right?”

Zitao slaps Sehun’s shoulder making him glare and smiles. “I hope she can change you to a better man. She looks nice!”

“What are you talking about?” Sehun rubs his aching shoulder, Zitao is a violent girl, he didn’t understand how came they got together few years back.

“I told you some nice girl want to change her room with me right? She agreed because Jongdae asked her to, I guess she’s one of Jongdae’s friend. She’s so nice and oh…her smile’s so cute” Zitao gushes about how cute Jongdae’s smile is while the two man look at her with surprised look, a different kind of surprised.

“You met Jongdae?”

“Jongdae’s friend? You mean Kyungsoo?”

Both man said simultaneously and the look at each other while Zitao laugh at their expression.

“Look at your face, so dumb. To answer your question,” She looks at Sehun. “Yes, I met Jongdae earlier and” This time facing Jongin. “I have no idea you know Jongdae’s friend, I guess yes, her name was Kyungsoo.”

“Pretty girl with small figures, cute heart shape smile, long black hair and big s?” Jongin emphasizes the last part by touching his chest. Zitao skeptically stares at him and just nods.

“You are a ert, but yes, it kind of looks like Kyungsoo. How do you know her?”

“She is the one I got married to”

This time Zitao’s eyes widen comically and laugh her high pitch laughter.

“Really? So that’s her? Well, how would I know? You hide her so well that I have no idea and, I was mad at you for getting married without telling me!” She points her long fingers at him, this time complete with a glare.

“I am sorry okay, but it was a spurt in the moment, thanks to this guy” Jongin nudges Sehun on his side. “Beside, we are going to have another wedding when every thing’s settle with both families.” Both of his friends give him a pity look but Jongin just shrugs. “Don’t pity me, it’s not like my parent cares about me, it’s Kyungsoo’s parent I am wary of. But, enough about me, let’s just get back on you, Sehun. What are you going to do now?”

Sehun looks down at his drink and shakes his head. “Just like usual, I’ll go meet her and hope that she doesn’t like me so the deal’s off. That way I can tell Mom that the girl’s side is really picky.”

“Your Mom knows about this?” Zitao asked, usually it’s just a deal between Sehun’s Father with some businessman, if his Mom’s already know, then it’s going to be real. Sehun just nods at his drink and downs them all.

“She is actually excited for it. I heard My mom and Kim Heechul were friends at high school.” Sehun laughs bitterly. “She called me earlier just to tell me things about Jongdae and from the sound of it, she’s fallen for Jongdae. It’s going to be hard when Jongdae said no. My mom will be sad.”

Sehun looks down at his glass, a grim look on his face while his two friends look at each other. Zitao scrunches her face, signaling Jongin to do something.

“You know, you really should stop feeling guilty like this. Your dad takes it too far.” Jongin slings his arm around Sehun’s shoulder but Sehun swats it away, not wanting to talk about that.

“Yeah, Jongin’s right. Even thought I barely know Jongdae, but I feel like she is a nice girl, don’t put her into this game of yours with your Dad.”

“She’ll be fine. I’ll be fine.” Sehun carelessly causing Zitao and Jongin look at each other.

“Stop this now while you can, Hun ah. If not, I am pretty sure you’ll regret it. Are you really going to destroy this girl’s happiness?”

Sehun glares at Zitao, slamming his glass down. “It’s not like I’ll kill her or something. I told you, she will be fine. Why are you two so worried over her? You don’t even know her.”

“You don’t too. We are just saying, don’t drag her into your mess. She just lost her Dad and now you’ll come ruining what’s left of her Dad?” Jongin scrunches his face at his best friend and Sehun ignores him, opts to stand up to leave.

“I’m late for a meeting. I’ll see you guys around.” Sehun makes a grab on his coat but Zitao grabs his hand, eyes worried.

“If you are really doing this, at least be a little bit serious about this marriage, or make everything clear with her. Don’t play with someone’s feelings.”

Sehun grabs her hand and puts in down, not saying a word to them before leaving. Jongin and Zitao look at his disappearing figure. Zitao breaths hard and gets back to her drink. Jongin watches Zitao silently, eyeing her annoyed expression.

“Do you still have feelings for Sehun?” Zitao chuckles at him good naturedly.

“We never have feelings for each other, we were just so alike that we seek refugee in each other.” This time Zitao smirks at Jongin. “Just because we used to sleep together, you really think I would still have lingering feelings for him? If so, do you think I have feeling for you, Jonginnie?”

Zitao pushes herself on Jongin and the newly married man pushes her away quickly.

“Of course not! Stop that!” Jongin looks around and whispers. “Don’t speak of it anymore, especially to Kyungsoo. If you do, I’m dead.” Jongin shakes his head. “No, she will come after you.”

Zitao chortles at him and pushes on his nose. “If Kyungsoo knows half the things you did on college, you are totally dead.”

“Just shut your mouth and we are okay, you at least owe me that for being my friend.”

Zitao just laughs and breaths out heavily, looking at her glass.

“How does it feel to be in love?”

Jongin peers at his friend and laugh, slinging his arm around her bare shoulder. He hisses a bit from the cold.

“You really should wear more clothes, it’s still winter, you know. To answer your question,” He looks silly while smiling but Zitao actually envies him. “It’s wonderful, for me it’s like dancing to my favorite jazz song, for you probably like being the first to buy the limited edition of Gucci hand bag. You just so happy all the time and can’t stop thinking about the future, our dream house, what pet we would have, what kind of fight we would come thru” Jongin smiles at her, eyes twinkling. “Everything feels just right”

“Wow, who are you? What have you done to the old Kim Jongin?” Zitao said jokingly and Jongin drops his arm from her shoulder, laughing.

“Trust me, when you fall in love, you are going to be more dramatic than me. You’ll probably talk about unicorns and rainbow.”

“You wish”

Jongin then turns to face her, a soft smile covering his lips. “Wanna bet on that, sweetheart?”

Zitao scoffs. “I will bet all my designer bags on Jongdae will beat the of Sehun and he will eventually fall on his knees begging Jongdae to love him”

“Why suddenly talk about him? I am talking about you!”

“No! There’s nothing to talk about me, I am awesome and I know it, every guy wants a piece of me. So, let’s just talk about lame Sehun instead. Place your bet.”

Jongin snorts. “I don’t want to bet with you, you won’t admit if you lose. Also, you really need to stop playing easy to get, you’ll get STD and I’ll just pretend that I don’t know you then.”

“You are a jerk!”

Zitao slaps his shoulder and Jongin laughs, holding his glass to Zitao. Zitao picks her own glass and toasts her glass with him.


Not much happening here but more charecters revealed and I at giving title!

Next stop we'll see the awkward meeting of Jongdae and Sehun.

D