The One That Got Away

Fragments

 

Characters: Kim Jongin, Son Naeun

Picture: http://weheartit.com/entry/group/33772234

 

 

I still remember that night.

That night when he told me what he felt about me.

I remember how I pretended that nothing ever happened, how I ignored and never bothered listening to what he had to say.

How can I be so selfish?

He was my friend. He is my friend. I could have at least listened to him. I could have at least gave him a chance to tell me everything.

But I did not.

I remember how he tried again and how fear stopped him from doing so.

I could see the pain in his face. I could see how I didn't show any care.

Now I'm here, oceans away, missing him.

Missing everything about him. All our endless jokes and our conversations. The moments we shared. How we were amazed on how destiny brought us together to become best of friends unexpectedly. In an unexpected place. At an unexpected time.

I miss how he treated me. Our bonding moments. How he listened eagerly to all my dramas without judging me.

I miss it all. All he did was understand me and accept me for who I am. All I did was take him for granted.

And there he is, oceans away, in love with someone else.

He's probably treating her the way he used to treat me before. Or even better, definitely better. I hope she gives him more than I could possibly do if I was in her place. 

I'll be back soon. And when I see him, I'll smile and pretend that I'm not hurt like how I pretended that he did not confess his feelings to me. I'll ignore the pain inside me like how I ignored what he had to say that night 3 years ago. We'll treat each other like best friends, again.

Everything's going to seem normal and he will never know that after a long time of being far away from him, I came to a realization that between those moments that we shared, between every tear that I showed and he wiped away, between all the laughters we enjoyed and the stupid things that we did together, I fell for him too---something that I didn't know when he was still by my side.

One day, I'll find the reason why this had to happen.