Take Care of Her

The Second Fate of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Wish by S.E.N.S (credit to owner)

 

“Chang Wook-ah. Jin Wook is your little brother. You have to love him endlessly. And you have to always remember… ‘help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.’ Both of you are brought together by blood but kept together by love…”

~~~~~

Ji Chang Wook slowly walked down the stairs and when he was in the living room, he was anxiously looking for someone.

Kim Sung Ryung looked at her ten years old son and was frightened by his pale face. She quickly stood up and walked to him. She squatted down and cupped his face with her both hands.

“Chang Wook-ah, are you okay? Are you not feeling well somewhere?” Kim Sung Ryung asked worriedly.

Chang Wook pulled away from her and ignored his mother’s questions. His eyes were still looking around the house. “Where is Jin Wook?” He asked.

“He is still in the school. He has football practice this afternoon. Wae?” Kim Sung Ryung asked again.

But before Chang Wook could reply her, a sudden wave of pain shot up his leg. He squatted down, holding his leg as his face was twisted in pain.

“Chang Wook!” Kim Sung Ryung was startled by him as she quickly held onto his arm and helped him up. She carried him in her arms and brought him to the couch. Kneeling in front of her son, she checked his legs thoroughly. She creased her brows and looked up at Chang Wook. “Where is the pain? I can’t see anything on your leg. It’s not injured and it look fine.”

Chang Wook inhaled a deep breath before looking at his mother. He shook his head softly. “It’s not me. My leg is fine.” He paused and bit his lip. “I’m worried it’s Jin Wook. Something might happen to him.” He said in a worried tone.

“Jin Wook? But how…” The phone ring cut off Kim Sung Ryung’s sentence as she stood up and pick up the phone.

Chang Wook tried to stand up when he saw her mother’s face suddenly turned pale.

“What? Oh my god. I’ll come immediately.” Kim Sung Ryung ended the call and turned to Chang Wook with a shock expression. “You are right. It’s Jin Wook. He is injured. He broke his leg during the football practice.”

 

~~~~~

 

Chang Wook rubbed his eyes before he glanced at the clock on the table. It was 3am now and he is still studying for his finals tomorrow. He has to work harder and have good results before he enter high school next year. He inhaled a deep breath before looking back at the book and continued his studies.

But just then, his door was being barged opened and Jin Wook came in with an angry expression. He crossed his arms across his chest and glared at his brother.

“Wae? Why are you still awake at this hour?” Chang Wook asked.

Jin Wook let out an exaggerated sigh as his eyes moved to the pile of books on the table. “You still dare to ask why I’m awake at this hour? Can you see my eyes? It was covered with dark circles. Because you are stress about the finals lately and you make me restless too. You didn’t sleep and I couldn’t seems to sleep too.”

Chang Wook looked at his brother and laughed. “You are exaggerating. I didn’t force you to stay awake with me.”

“No, I’m not exaggerating. This is not the first time. Whenever we have exams and you are stress, I felt uneasy too. It’s just like how I got injured and you was in pain.”

Chang Wook sighed deeply and looked at him with an apologetic gaze. “Okay, I got it. I’m sorry. I’ll sleep in a short while.”

Jin Wook snorted at him. “You better sleep before you make me faint.”

 

~~~~~

 

Shin Hye smiled when she saw Jin Wook’s car waiting for her outside her house. She walked towards him but she was surprised that he didn’t come out to greet her. He will usually come out of the car when he saw her coming. But today he didn’t.

She walked to the passenger seat and opened the door. Her lips slowly curled into a soft smile when she saw Jin Wook was asleep in the car. She gently climbed in and closed the door very softly. She turned to him and looked at him for a moment before she wakes him up.

“Oppa…” She shook his arm softly.

Jin Wook opened his eyes and quickly straightened himself up on the seat upon seeing Shin Hye. “You are here. I’m sorry. I fall asleep.”

With him facing her now, Shin Hye could take a clearer look at him. His face was pale and tired.

“Oppa, are you alright. Why do you look like you are sick?” She asked as she moved her hand to his forehead to check his temperature. She tilted her head and looked confused. “But your temperature is normal. Are you not feeling well anywhere?”

Jin Wook took a deep breath. “I don’t know. But I feel sick the whole day. My head is so heavy and I feel so hot. I checked with a thermometer but I don’t have a fever.”

Shin Hye bit her lip and gazed at her boyfriend again. “Is it because of Chang Wook oppa?”

Jin Wook looked at her and he think she might be right. Something might be wrong with his brother. He quickly took his phone out and called him.

Chang Wook (coughed): Y-Yoboseyo…

Jin Wook: Hyung… why is your voice like that? Are you sick? Where are you? Are you in the office?

Chang Wook: No. I went home early today. I’m having a fever.

After making sure his brother has taken his medicine and was resting at home, Jin Wook ended the call and turned to Shin Hye. He smiled helplessly at her.

“You are right. My brother is sick.”

 

~~~~~

 

Chang Wook sighed exasperatedly as he pressed the delete button on his laptop impatiently. He leaned his back against the chair and let out another deep sigh. Looking at the incomplete report on the screen, he feels like punching himself in the face. This is a monthly report that he used to do every month but he just doesn’t understand what is wrong with him today.

He was so distracted and couldn’t focus on anything the whole day. His heart felt heavy, frustrated, annoyed, irritated and troubled. His mood was so bad that he doesn’t even want to stay in the office and that was why he came home early today. He tried to think what is troubling him but there was nothing. Everything was fine and he was still okay yesterday.

And then, when his eyes shifted to the family photo on his study table, he suddenly figured out what is wrong with him. It was not him. He inhaled a sharp breath before he stood up and walked out of his room, heading to his brother’s room. When he was outside and about to open the door, he heard Jin Wook raising his voice inside.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. Don’t you dare to cut off my line. You better… Shin Hye? Park Shin Hye? Damn it!”

Chang Wook opened the door and stared straight at Jin Wook who was pacing back and forth with the phone in his hand. He leaned his back against the door and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” He asked when Jin Wook looked at him.

Jin Wook exhaled sharply before he walked to his bed and threw himself on it. “I fight with Shin Hye.”

Chang Wook let out another deep sigh. “No wonder I feel so ty the whole day. It was you who caused the trouble.” He paused and looked at his brother. “I don’t care what the two of you are fighting about, but please go to apologize to her and make up with her. I still have a very important report to complete before the meeting tomorrow.”

Jin Wook pulled himself up into a sitting position and turned to Chang Wook. “What have appa and eomma did to us? I know we are twins but we are still two different individuals. But it seems something was binding us together. No matter what happen to either one of us, the other one could sense it too. This is so creepy.”

Chang Wook grinned and walked towards the bed. “That is what we call the bond between twins. Being born together and sharing the same milestones throughout the life is not something that other people could understand. There is always something that only the two of us will comprehend.”

“It’s like we are sharing a special psychic connection, right?” Jin Wook asked.

Nodding his head, Chang Wook chuckled. “Yes. So, please do me a favour. Take very good care of yourself physically and mentally. Because everything that happen to you will affect me too.”

Jin Wook looked at his brother for a long second before he pulled his hand and make him sits down beside him. He then slid his hand around his arm and rested his head on Chang Wook’s shoulder.

Chang Wook tried to push him away but he tightened his grip on his arm. “Yah, Ji Jin Wook. What are you doing?”

Ignoring his protest, Jin Wook sighed and pouted his lips. “Hyung, I love you. Don’t ever leave me alone, eo?”    

Chang Wook gazed down at him with a startle gaze. He sighed helplessly as he shook his head.

“You are disgusting.” He said before he let out a slight smile.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tokyo, Japan…

 

Chang Wook lowered his head into his hands and massaged his temples. Min Young who was sitting in front of him, closed the file and looked at him worriedly.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

Chang Wook opened his eyes and shook his head.

“What happened? Your face doesn’t look good today.” Min Young asked again.

“I don’t know.” Chang Wook inhaled deeply, looking at her. He pressed his hand against his chest and the uneasy feeling was torturing him since this morning when he woke up. “I can’t explain what is wrong but something is definitely not right.”

“Are you not feeling well? Do you want to see the doctor? I can go with you.” Min Young said.

Chang Wook shook his head. “I’m physically fine but I just feel uncomfortable.” He said as he took his phone and started to make a call.

“Yoboseyo.”

Chang Wook let out a sigh of relief when he heard Jin Wook’s voice was okay. “Where are you?”

“The bridal shop basement. I just had my gown fitting with Shin Hye. But now I have to rush back to the club to settle something. Wae?”

“Eo. Nothing. I just… want to hear your voice and make sure you are okay.” Chang Wook replied with a slight smile.

“Hahaha… I know you miss me, hyung but please concentrate on your project and finish it before my wedding. I’ll not forgive you if you couldn’t make it back on time.”

“Arasso. I’ll be there for sure. How can I miss my baby brother’s wedding?” Chang Wook chuckled.

“I really have to go now. Talk to you again later.”

“Okay.” But before Chang Wook end the call, he spoke again. “Jin Wook-ah…”

“Yes?”

Chang Wook inhaled a deep breath before he smiled. “I’ll see you next month.”

“Okay. See you, hyung.”

Chang Wook put his phone down after Jin Wook ended the call. He looked at Min Young and pursed his lips. “I think I’m just over-sensitive.”  

Min Young smiled as she grasped his hand and caressed it gently. “It’s normal that you feel anxious. You are under a lot of pressure lately because of the project. Everything will be okay after it completed.”

Chang Wook nodded. “Maybe.” He said as he inhaled deeply. “Okay, lets continue with our work.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jin Wook was on the way back to his football club and while he was driving, he glanced at the ring on his finger. A wide smile spread across his face, thinking about how soon Shin Hye will become his wife. He has been waiting for this moment since the day he fall in love with her. Marrying her was one of his dream come true. He promised himself that he would work hard for their future and makes her happy.

His eyes shifted back to the front and concentrate on the road. But just then, a little boy suddenly ran out to the middle of the road and startled Jin Wook. In order to avoid hitting the kid, he gripped the steering wheel so hard as he pulled the car off the road, bringing his car to the opposite side. When he looked at the front, he gasped in shock when he saw a truck heading fast towards his direction. His leg automatically stepped hard on the brake pedal but it was too late. His car was crashed by the truck and was pushed forward until it smashed hard against the divider.

A very loud crashing sound was heard as Jin Wook’s car was turned upside down with him stuck inside the car. His head was badly injured and bleeding heavily.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chang Wook read the clauses in the agreement very carefully as Min Young was explaining it to him. But when he parted his lips, wanted to ask her about something, a sudden unbearable sharp pain hit his head. The pen he was holding dropped onto the table as he groaned in pain. He held his head tightly and his face turned white almost instantly.

Min Young was frightened by him and quickly ran towards him to check on him. “Chang Wook, what’s wrong?” She asked worriedly.

He tried to in a deep breath and forced more air into his lungs but it doesn’t seems working. The extreme throbbing pain was still there and that feeling is killing him. He closed his eyes and groaned again. He hit his head with his hand, trying to make the pain to go away.

Min Young quickly held his hand to stop him, afraid that he will hurt himself even more. “What happened? Please don’t scare me.”

“M-My head…” Chang Wook murmured through gritted teeth. “It’s very painful.”

“But… but how come? You were still okay just now.” Min Young inhaled deeply. “You must be sick. Let me call the ambulance. You need to go to the hospital.” She said again as she wanted to stand up but stopped by Chang Wook.

“Take my phone for me…” He said weakly.

“Who do you still want to call at this moment? You are in so much pain. Let me call the ambulance, eo?” Min Young protest.

Chang Wook opened his eyes as he shook his head. “No. Something must have happened. I can feel it. I have to call Jin Wook. Get me my phone.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You look very nice in this one.” The assistant in the bridal shop said as she looked at Shin Hye through the huge mirror. “This wedding dress matches Ji Jin Wook-sshi’s tuxedo the most.”

“Really?” Shin Hye asked as she looked at herself and smiled. Her hand slowly moved to her stomach as she pursed her lips. Even though she like this wedding dress too but it was very tight at the waist area. She is worried that her stomach will be showing already on their wedding next month. She doesn’t want to wear too tight, worried that it’s not good for the baby. She then looked at the assistant through the mirror. “Can you help me to alter and loosen the waist area? I’m worried that I’ll gain some weight before the wedding.” She said embarrassedly.

The assistant smiled at her and nodded. “Sure. I can help you to alter according to the size you want.”

“Thank you.” Shin Hye let out a soft smile and told the assistant that she will choose that dress. She then glanced at the clock and it was almost the time that Yoo Chun will come to pick her up.

The shop assistant helped her to take the dress off while she removed the hair accessories off her head. A soft wince escaped her lips when one of the hairpins cut into her index finger. She looked at the blood that was oozing out from the wound and at the same time, an uncomfortable feeling stirred in her heart.

“Oh my god. Your finger is bleeding. Are you okay?” The shop assistant asked as she took a tissue and helped her to stop the blood.

She smiled slightly at her and nodded. “I’m okay. Just a small cut.” She wiped the blood as she inhaled a deep breath, trying to suppress the uneasy feeling.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“He is not answering his phone.” Chang Wook said anxiously. He has been trying to call Jin Wook but he just couldn’t get him to answer it. His head is not as pain as just now but it was still hurting.

“He said he is going back to the football club, right? Maybe he is busy with something and couldn’t answer your call.” Min Young tried to comfort him.

“But he is not there for training or practicing. He told me he just need to go back to settle something urgent. If he is busy, he normally will just turn off his phone. But the phone is ringing.” Chang Wook said as he heaved a deep sigh.

“Let me try to call again.” He muttered as he tried to call Jin Wook’s number. The tone from the other side started to ring again.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jin Wook tried hard to open his eyes but his vision was totally blurred by his blood. He tried to move but he was stuck in the car and he couldn’t feel his body at all. His pulse was weak and his breathing was shallow. His head hurt so much that he barely even conscious.

With his semi-consciousness, he heard his phone ringing. He tried to look around the area his gaze could reach and saw his phone was just beside his hand. He gathered all his strength that remained in his body as he grabbed the phone. He slowly pulled it over and simply touch on the screen.

“Oh thank god, you finally answer your phone. Where are you? Jin Wook? Jin Wook? Are you there? Jin Wook? Are you okay?”

Jin Wook tried to bring the phone nearer when he heard his brother’s voice, but even the phone is too heavy for him now. He closed his eyes, inhaled sharply, trying to bring some air into his lungs but it doesn’t seem working. His breathing is getting weaker by second.

“H-Hyung…” He managed to force that one wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter