Part 24

It's Just Insurance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: It is 11:53 pm which means that I still got my update in today! Excuse the crappy update....

     “Donghae did you really need to bring the camera?” Hyukjae asked as he wrapped his arm around his husband’s waist and watched him as he held the camera up to his face.

     “Damn right I did.” Donghae replied as he took a picture of the stage in front of them. “There is no way I am going to one of my daughter’s events and not taking pictures.” He lowered the camera and looked at Hyukjae. “It could be way worse; I could have brought my video camera.”

     “Thank god…” Hyukjae said under his breath as he looked back towards the stage.

     School had just ended but the theater was packed full of excited parents and special school guests alike. It wasn’t a play or musical performance that everyone was waiting to see, but a contest of wit and knowledge where the smartest students from surrounding schools got together to compete in a tournament. The winners of each round got to move on until they made it to the finals, and it wasn’t until last night that Jin-A told her fathers that she was participating in it.

     “I just can’t believe she waited to tell us until last night.” Donghae said pouting a little. “If she knew about it for as long as she did why didn’t she say anything?”

     “Probably because she didn’t want her father acting like some obsessive soccer mom that brings her camera to every event their child is involved in.” Hyukjae said as he looked to Donghae before taking the camera from his hands. “I think I’ll keep this for a while.” He said as Donghae took another several pictures, and just of an empty stage with desks.

     “But Hyukkie!” Donghae whined. “We need to take pictures to capture this important moment in Jin-A’s life!” Donghae tried to take the camera back from Hyukjae but was stopped as the other grabbed his face and turned his head towards the stage. “I think they are starting so you might want to pay attention.”

     “Oh it is!” Donghae cheered happily causing Hyukjae to smile and clap along with the other parents as the kids walked out onto the stage and took their seats at the desk provided for them. “I can’t believe my baby girl is up there!” Donghae whispered with a smile on his face.

     It didn’t take long for the two teams to take their seats and have their schools introduced. Donghae tried his hardest to contain his excitement as they began the competition; the questions sounded difficult, hell he didn’t even know half of the stuff the MC was asking questions about. Hyukjae let Donghae have his camera back to take a picture… just one picture before taking the camera back and making sure Donghae didn’t squeal too loudly when his daughters team earned a point.

     “The topic the next question is math.” The MC said as he began reading out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter