The Tutor

More Than Love

Suho lightly taps his knuckles on the door before turning the handle and walking in. Ms. Park, his Statistics teacher, looked up from her work, her thin, brown reading glasses sliding down the bridge of her nose a bit.

"Hello. How can I help you?" Ms. Park asks, as she resumes working.

"Um.. Hi. M-Ms. Park. My name is S-Suho." he stammered. Suho began rubbing the palms of his hands on the inside of his jacket, his nervousness beginning to show. Whatever confidence he mustered up on the way to her class, completely shattered. 

"Ah, yes. You're the one who failed the last few tests." she stated, matter-of-factly, never pausing to look at Suho. He began to pale, then blush as the reminder of his ever growing failure faced him. He remained transfixed on the floor and his shoes, to embarrassed to look anywhere else. Something about Ms. Park was just scary, despite her small stature.

"Well, you see, about t-that," he began, " I was wondering - "

"If you're asking for my help, I'm afraid I cannot. Class is in 20 minutes." she interrupted.

"I just wanted t-to know if there w-was perhaps a tutor I c-could see..." he finally got out. Suho felt out of breath. He didn't want to fail. He wanted to pass, but who's bloody idea was it to talk directly to the teacher?! Suho mentally scolded himself for even listening to the brat, Tao.

"I do actually," she sighed. She ruffled through her papers till she found a bright green sticky note. "Here's his number and times he's usually in the library. His name is Yifan, but he goes by Kris. Good luck on your next test." Suho beamed at her, his air of confidence suddenly resurrected. 

"Thank you so much! I'll study hard!" Suho's smile rocketed past his ears as he turned away and practically raced through the door.

"You better. That's my best student..." Ms Park mumbled to herself, smiling on the inside. What a cute kid.

____________________

Suho ambled down the hallway, reading the bright green sticky note. What a strange person, planning when he goes to the library. Maybe he reserves the study room. He's probably boring and not that interesting anyway's.

Suho sighed, his lips pouted slightly, before digging into his pocket to bring out his phone. He sent a quick message to Jessica, asking if she could meet him at the school cafe. Stuffing his phone into his back pocket, Suho made his way over to the cafe on the other side of the school.

Jessica didn't typically reply to text messages, so whether she was going to be there was beyond him. Surprisingly, his phone did vibrate, though not because of Jessica.

 

From: Mom

Hi sweetie! ^^ Just letting you know your father and I will be home late tonight. I left some money on your bed for dinner. Don't stay up to late, study hard!

 

Suho grinned at his phone. Sometime's his mom was so cute, he didn't know whether it was embarrassing or adorable.

To: Umma

Okay. Thanks Mom!

 

Unable to wipe off his smile, Suho opened the door to the cafe, spotting Jessica and her messy hair bun inside, head bent over the table and a mass of papers.

"You're already here?" Suho asked, pulling up a seat. He grabbed the first paper he could, scanning it for anything interesting.

"I'm studying, dummy." she growled, snatching the paper back. "I already ordered your usual, by the way. It'll be ready soon."

"Thanks. I talked to the teacher by the way." he sighed. " I somehow managed to get a tutor." Suho stood up at the sound of his name, grabbing his drink, and sat back down in front of Jessica. He began swirling his coffee, careful not to spill. Taking small sips to avoid scalding his tongue.

"How'd you score that? Is he cute?" she questioned, briefly setting aside the stack of papers.

"I haven't actually met him yet. His name is Kris, but he sounds like a nerd." Jessica raised her eyebrow hearing this. Her eyes silently communicating her thoughts. "I know, I know. But he has a freaking schedule of when he's in the library." As if it weren't clear enough, Jessica crossed her arms, her eyebrows rising higher if they could. 

"Just promise you'll try and get a passing grade." Suho nodded, allowing Jessica to get back to her work. He stared around the room, the fading light ran softly through the windows, giving a softer environment to the neutral colored cafe. The sound of the coffee grinder whirred, filling the room with the smell of coffee. He wondering what the other customers could be going through. Some students were socializing, while others looked to be cramming for the upcoming midterms. Which Suho should probably be doing, but he'll save that for when he meets the tutor.

The door rang as it opened, a beautiful stranger walking through. He, she?, walked up to the counter, smile not once faltering as they ordered.

"Hey," he whispered nudging Jessica under the table with his foot. "Is that a girl or a guy?"

Jessica looked up with an annoyed face, but it quickly fell away as she gazed at the beautiful person. 

"Um, I think boy. He doesn't have a chest, but he is insanely handsome." Suho grunted in response, never tearing his eyes away from the stranger. The man looked back, feeling a pair of eyes on him. He blushed and turned back around to the counter as his eyes met with Suho. Why is he staring at me? Do I have something on my face? The stranger wiped at his face, checking his reflection on his phone. Suho chuckled at the action, and turned around only after Jessica kicked him. 

"Don't be rude. Go apologize." she hissed. 

"Why? I didn't do anything!" he grumbled, rubbing his shin. He got up, knowing she wouldn't let it go until he did as he was told. 

"Hey, um, sorry for staring." he mumbled as he approached the stranger. 

"Sorry?" he asked, turning around to now face Suho.

"I, uh, just wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just, uh, think you're very handsome." Suho looked at the ground, the uncomfortable situation causing him to blush. The stranger blushed as well, however a smile formed on his face instead.

"Thank you. I'm Luhan" he said, holding out his hand. 

"Suho." He said, taking the hand and giving it a firm shake. "Anyways, have a good day."

"You too." Suho walked back to the table, the blush never subsiding. 

"See, was that so hard?" Jessica teased.

"Shut it." Suho huffed.

Moments of silence passed thoughout the cafe before Luhan left shortly after recieving his coffee, though Suho didn't notice immidiately, to distracted by social media to pay much attention.

"Aw, he left." Suho pouted, when he finally looked up from his phone. 

"That's so adorable," Jessica gushed. "Does somebody have a crush on him?" Suho rolled his eyes, as Jessica continued to bat her eyelashes at him and make kissing noises.

"No. He was just really good looking." he scoffed.

"Sure. And Tao isn't obbssesed with Gucci." She said as she began packing her things. "Anywyas, I got to go. See you tomorrow."

"Bye. Text me!" he yelled

"No!" she teased, sticking her tongue out, before walking out the door. Suho chuckled to himself, before collecting things and walked out of the cafe, tossing his cup in a nearby trash bin.

He started walking to the parking lot, the sunlight casting purple and orange clouds over the sky. Suho brought out his phone, scrolling through Facebook and then Instagram. When he finally looked up to see where he's going, Suho rammed his face into a slightly muscular chest. 

Suho yelped as he fell, rubbing his now aching nose in annoyance at his own obliviousness. "I am so sorry!" he exclaimed.

"It's fine," the deep voice chuckled. "Are you okay?"

"I'll live." Suho shrugged. A hand appeared in front of Suho's face, held out as an offering of help. Suho accepted the hand and began straightening himself. 

"Here's your note. Also, I may be busy tomorrow, but text me when you're free and we can work it out." the tall man said, winking before leaving the note in Suho's hand. Confusion crossed his face as he stared off at the departing tall body, the blond hair bouncing slightly as the man walked away. Suho stood there, still watching as the man walked away, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening when he finally figuered it out. It was to late, however, Kris was to far to hear. 

 

A/N: Hello lovelies! hooray for the second chapter! I feel like the chapter seems kind of rushed, but it could just be me.