Four

An Inevitable Longing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that lunch, Jackson was around more often. Mark said it was due to their assignment, but Jinyoung would often come back to the room with the two of them playing video games or watching videos. Mark said it was "all a part of the process." Jinyoung never believed him.

They always invited him to participate in their activities, Jinyoung always denying. More often than not, he would end up in the library. He would stay there until it was evening time and he knew Jackson had gone back to his room.

Jinyoung was coming back from the library one night when he opened the door to his room.

"Mark is there any..." He stopped when he saw that the person in front of him wasn't Mark. It was Jackson. And he was asleep. On his bed.

Jinyoung walked over hesitantly, trying to be as quiet as he could. He went to his desk and sat down, pulling out his laptop. He looked over at Jackson's sleeping figure, curled up and breathing softly, his face in the pillow. 

Jinyoung turned back towards his laptop, putting his headphones in and turning some music on while he pulled up a word document to start a paper. He is so focused on his paper that he doesn't notice Mark come in the room, a big brown bag in his hands. 

Mark walked over to where Jackson laid on the bed, shaking his shoulder to wake him up. 

"Nghhh, whaddyawan?" Jackson mumbled, his face still in the pillow. 

"Jackson, I brought dinner. Get up." Mark placed the food on his desk as Jackson sluggishly stood up, putting his feet over the side of the bed. He looked over and noticed Jinyoung at his desk. 

"How long has he been here?" Mark shrugged.

"He was here when I came in."

"Oh. Is he hungry?"

"I don't know. Ask him."

"Jinyoung," Jackson called out. Jinyoung continued typing, too absorbed in his assignment and his music blocking out the outside noise. "I think his music is too loud."

"We should probably just let him finish, he'll eat when he wants." Jackson looked at Jinyoung's back as he types his paper. "Jackson," he looked up at Mark, "do you like Jinyoung?"

"W-what?" Jackson asked, startled. 

"Do you like Jinyoung?" Mark asked again, face stoic.

"Of course I like him, what's not to like. He's a nice guy," Jackson quickly blurted out.

"Then you don't like him in any type of romantic way?" Mark inquired.

"What makes you ask that?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter