One

An Inevitable Longing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung spent most of his days in his dorm, whenever he finished his homework, he listened to music, or thought about what could be different in his life. 

But mainly he thought about Jackson.

Jackson and his loud laughter. Jackson and his outrageous dance moves he does on his way to class. Walking by the gym to see him working out.

The smile Jackson gave everyone as he passed them in the hall. That smile that made Jinyoung's heart stop. That smile which made his heart hurt.

He's no one special, he already knew this. He had friends in university, sure, but he always felt alone. Always spacing out when he talked to his friends, but then Jackson came around, and it's like everything went crystal clear. 

Problem is: Jackson didn't know he existed.

~~~

Jinyoung was in his second semester of university. It was fun at times, hanging out with friends, his roommate was cool, and people were generally pretty friendly. He just felt like something was missing. 

He was on his way back to his dorm with his roommate. They had just eaten dinner and were almost there when this guy appeared out of nowhere. He seemed friendly, and Jinyoung didn't have a problem talking to strangers, so he said hi. 

The guy ignored him and kept walking. His roommate called him and , Jinyoung just laughing it off, saying he must've been in a hurry. Jinyoung was always making excuses. 

He didn't go to a large school, but it was crazy that almost everywhere he went, he saw the guy who had ignored him. Walking to class, in the cafeteria, when he was studying. He couldn't escape. 

It was one of these days in the cafeteria when Jinyoung had just gotten his food, going towards the utensils when someone cut in front of him.

"Sorry," the guy said looking back at him.

"It's alright," Jinyoung responded immediately, looking up. He froze.

It was that guy. He stood there in place until the guy moved away before he could safely grab his fork and speed away back to his table. He told his best friend, Mark, and his roommate, Jaebum, who were at the table about the encounter.

"You're overreacting," Jaebum said. Jinyoung felt his cheeks get hot, pushing his food around on his plate.

"Who knows," started Mark, "maybe he'll be in your future." Jinyoung didn't tell anyone how happy that made him.

This thought kept occupying Jinyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter