Dear Cupid

Dear Cupid

 

Fate.
 

I never knew that a four- letter word could make such differences in one’s life. Whether you want it or not – whether you like it or not, it’s still gonna happen. It has the ability to make things happen at an unexpected moment in an inevitable way. Such things are believed to be supernatural.

And yeah-

That’s exactly how Kim HyeSoo was fated to appear in an unexpected moment in an inevitable way just to RUIN my life!

20th of January, 2015

I was sitting on the couch with my parents beside me. It was a well furnished room with two wide windows on one side, which lightened up the room in the morning. And between the two windows was a piano, painted in white. From the look of it I could say that it hadn’t been used for quite a long time. What a weird place to keep a piano? I thought to myself.  In front of me were Mr. and Mrs. Kim, sitting on two separated chairs, smiling and looking at me every once in a while. I know that it is hard not to look at a handsome man like me, but they were making me feel nervous in an unusual way.  And top of all, I was almost sweating because of the tension that was surrounding me, the tension of an arranged marriage. And there she was standing beside her mother, smiling brightly at my parents. Wait, is she trying to win my parents’ hearts? That’s when I decided to stare her down until she loses her bright smile. As soon as she noticed me, she glanced at me and then looked down immediately. Nailed it! I was celebrating my achievement mentally when I saw her looking at me again. I tilted my head to the side. What? Then she looked down at her hands. I too followed her eyes to look at the hand that was pointing out the middle finger. My head shot up to look at her face that had a smirk on it. I was giving her my death glare when my mother poked me and whispered,

“I know she’s beautiful but don’t stare at her like that. She’ll blush.”

Beautiful, my ! My mother was an expert on getting me wrong!

 

“HyeSoo darling, why don’t you take Luhan out and show him our garden?” Mr.Kim smiled at me, leaving me the only choice of smiling back. HyeSoo nodded and bowed to her parents and signaled me to come. And my mother on the other hand kept poking me until I stood up. So I followed her into their garden, which was very eye-catching despite its owner’s daughter.

“So how long did it take to plan this all out?” I asked out of nowhere, not even bothering to look at her.
“Excuse me?” She narrowed her eyes like she always did when I was around. “Plan what?”
“Planning to ruin my life.” I said. “How long did it take?”
“I’m glad if I ever ruined your life, but the bad news is, this is ruining my life too!” She uttered fast, looking at me.
I chuckled. “How so?
“Do you seriously think that I’ll enjoy marrying you?” She crossed her hands.
“Of course not.” I looked at the far end of the garden. “I won’t let you.”
“Tsk” She just shook her head in defeat while I enjoyed my moment of victory.
“I’m gonna tell my parents that I don’t like you.” I uttered finally. “So this nightmare won’t come true.”
“Yeah, like you have the guts to do that!” She laughed, irritatingly.
“Do you think that I can’t?” I asked looking straight at her.
“You’re just a jerk!” She looked back at me. “Everyone knows that!”
“Well, you didn’t see this jerk back then, did you?”
“That HyeSoo is long gone, Luhan!” She put her eyes on somewhere else. “Long gone.”

“So then we can start preparing for the wedding?” My father asked, smiling as he looked at mother.  We were back from Mr. Kim’s house and were talking in the living room. Well, you know, the family talk kind of thing.

“Yes, father.” I agreed without giving it a second thought. How could I say no,  after all the things he told me?

“Son, you are the only hope we have.”

“Son, I know that you’ll always make me proud. Always!”

“Mr. Kim is one of the best investors of our company.”

“Luhan, you are the pride of our family.”

“Son, I’ll always count on you.”

 And how this sounded to me was totally different.

“Son, this marriage with Kim HyeSoo would save the whole earth from falling apart. Therefore you are the only one who can save the world.”

So how can I ignore the world’s safety? Now you see how burdensome my life is! My life was never mine. It was always somebody else’s.

______________________________________________________________________________________

23rd of January, 2015

“We have to stop this somehow!” She said, almost pissed off. “Didn’t you say that you would stop this?”
“I did. And then I changed my mind.” I tried to look as cool as possible despite the shame I felt.
“You really are a jerk.” She mumbled to herself. For the first time in my life I decided not to retort with her. “Hey listen! Since we both don’t like this, we have to figure out a way to escape this. So we have to work together in this matter.” She said politely. (In some way)
“Work together?” I laughed coldly as she narrowed her eyes. “Let’s just say working separately for the same goal.”
“Whatever! We have to have a plan.” She kept looking at me for good 20 seconds.
“What?” I uttered as I couldn’t process what she was thinking.
“What is your plan?” She asked as if I said I would make the plan.
“Do I look like a plotter to you?” I hissed. “Never in my life have I ever done anything secretly.”
“So much for your math knowledge!”
“Yah, what’s about my math knowledge?” I grabbed her arm.
“You did so well in your math test and can’t even make a simple plan?”She said as she shook her arm.
“Well, how can we escape with a simple plan?” I let go of her. “Well, hello, we are dealing with the two most rich and powerful companies here!”
“Ugh!” She hit a chair that was near. “Ouch!”
“Now you’re the one to talk about my math skills!” I uttered, annoyed by her presence.
“I hate you!” She shouted. “I really really hate you!”
“I never expected anything else from you!”

______________________________________________________________________________________

7 YEARS AGO| 25th  of January, 2008

              I was running to my class through the empty hallways as it had been long since the interval ended. I was sweating like crazy because I was tired and also because I started to picture my history teacher’s face when she sees me. I was only focused on reaching my class and everything around was blurry in my eyes. That’s when a girl with a bunch of books in her hands came in my way and BANG! In a blink of an eye we both were on the floor with some books on us. I was on her which made me quite awkward at that moment, but despite that I managed to get up and help her collect the books. My memory is not so clear when it comes to that moment as I was in a hurry. I don’t know how she looked at me or how she reacted. And I don’t even remember whether I apologized or bowed to her. –It just happened too fast, but I’m very much sure that it was the first time I met Kim HyeSoo.

“Hey, you cannot hold your circus at the same time as our soccer match!” I roared at her in the middle of the auditorium. I was in my soccer-suit and sweating again as I was playing just a few minutes ago. I wonder why I was always sweating when I met her. But again – fate.
“It’s a drama, not a circus.” She uttered, crossing her hands across her chest.
“I don’t care.” I brought my face close to hers. “Whatever it is, you have to change the date.”
“Why should I do that?” She pointed at me. “You are the one who has a problem with it. You change the date of your soccer match.”
I chuckled. “I would have, if I were the president of the national soccer association.”
“I am not gonna change the date.” She protested.
“Well, you’ll have to because otherwise I’ll complain about this to the principal.” I said confidently. “Just wonder who has the best possibility of getting his help.”
“Ugh” She almost jumped in anger. “I hate you! I really really hate you!”
“Aren’t I too handsome for you to hate?” I put on a charming smile and for a moment she was looking at me, dumbfounded.
“Huh?” She uttered. I laughed as I patted on her head.
“Just change the date. It’ll save all the trouble for us.” I turned around and left back to the soccer field. Little did I know that she was charmed by me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

2nd of February, 2015

“Let’s run away!” She said in a low voice as we walked down the road.
“What?” I laughed at her idiocy. “I thought lovers are the ones who run away together, not haters.”
“Idiot, I’m saying, let’s run away before the day of the wedding.” She sounded as if she was a professional criminal.
“No way.” I protested. “That’s not good for my family’s reputation.”
“Yah don’t you hate me?” She asked.
“Of course I do.” I raised my eyebrows. “Don’t you ever hesitate about that!”
“Then why aren’t you even trying to get out of this HELL?” She shouted.
“Of course I’m trying!” No, I wasn’t. I never really put any effort to stop the wedding. Now I wonder why.
“Aish this annoying pest.” She started to cry. “I can’t even talk peacefully with him. How can I live my whole life with him.”
“Yah what are you doing? Stop crying!” I looked around and people were looking at me like I was an internationally wanted criminal. “Stop it! People are looking. HyeSoo!” Well, my body acted before I could think of anything. I pulled her into my embrace. To be honest, in that little amount of time while she was closer to me, I felt something weird. Well, I can’t really explain how I felt as I was not familiar with it. It was my first time feeling that way. But it sure was comforting.  It was an awkward feeling though, but I didn’t mind. I kept hugging her until she pushed me off.
“How dare you do it again?” She roared at me.
“Just shut up! Are you trying to film a drama here?” I retorted. “Stop with your drama already!”
______________________________________________________________________________________

7 YEARS AGO| 3rd of February, 2008
The Day of Kim HyeSoo’s Drama

                          I entered the back stage to check up on my love-hate friend. Well, after our argument, we two spent a lot of time together. And also she was a family friend of my best buddy, Oh Sehun. Because of those reasons we got to know each other and became friends/haters in no time. So today was the day of her drama and I was quite sure that she was not doing fine. She should be nervous. That’s why I decided to come and see her. As I walked past the students, who were dressed up in 16th century’s clothes, I heard them starting whisper to each other. Must be the tension of having me walking close to them. I thought.

“Hey, Luhan!” I was startled by the sudden appearance of I-don’t-know-who. “What are you doing here?” By the sound of it, I could say that it was a girl.
“O-oh hey?” I answered as I tried to recognize her. She was wearing a gown and her hair was curled. My eyes widened as I tried harder. Who the hell is she?
“Lu- Luhan, stop looking at me like that.” She seemed embarrassed. Did I do something wrong? “So how do I look?” She smiled as she whirled.
“G-Good” I answered. For god’s sake, let me pass. Sorry, but I came here to see Kim HyeSoo! So if you’re not her, then I don’t care who you are! I cursed her in my mind. Wait! By any chance, is this-
“You are not HyeSoo, are you?” Again my mouth was faster than my mind.
“What? No!” She seemed feeling uneasy. “It’s me! Yoon HaeRan!”
“Oh HaeRan! I remember now!” She was a friend of HyeSoo.It’s good to see you! But I have to go now! So bye!” I escaped from her and walked forward looking for HyeSoo. “All these people look different today. How can I find her?” I said to myself. “Ugh Shakespeare!” I sighed.

“Hey” I heard a familiar voice calling from behind. I turned around. “Hey, what are you doing here?”
In front of my eyes was Kim HyeSoo, dressed in white and light pink. Her hair was fallen over her shoulders. No special hair style, but there was a flower crown on her head, made with fresh roses. I was left speechless. I just couldn’t take my eyes off from her.  Don’t get me wrong. She just looked beautiful that day.

“Luhan, are you okay?” She asked me as she shook my hand.
“Uh huh?” I wasn’t paying attention.
“What are you doing here?” she asked me.
“N-Nothing.” I was focused on her beauty that I didn’t even know what I was saying. I just wanted to keep all the answers short so I can keep looking at her. Is this really HyeSoo?
“I’m playing Ophelia’s role.” She smiled at me. “And this is my hamlet!” She pulled a guy from his hand and he ended up standing beside her.
“Oh hey Luhan!” He uttered. And for my surprise, it was Sehun.
“Hey!” I greeted. “Since when did you start acting?”
“Since HyeSoo asked me to” He said without caring much.
“Wait, you asked him?” I raised my eyebrows as I looked at her.
“Why? I even asked you and you said that you didn’t wanna take part in my circus.” She shouted at me.
“Okay. Okay. Stop shouting!” I tried to calm her down. “Anyways good luck!” Just then I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my embrace. “Do well!” I whispered to her ear. And as I broke the hug she seemed uneasy. She was breathing fast and was looking straight at me. “Is anything wrong?” I asked as I was worried about her.
“N-No” She trembled. “I just need to drink some water.” With that she left and soon disappeared from our sight.
“What’s wrong with her? It was just a friendly hug.” I murmured.
“By any chance, do you like HyeSoo?” Sehun asked me out of nowhere.
“What? No!” I kinda shouted. “Not me.” What’s wrong with him?
“That’s good to hear.” He smiled happily as he patted on my shoulder. “Enjoy our show.”
“Okay, no problem”

______________________________________________________________________________________

3rd of February, 2015

“Luhan, I’ve got a present for you!” My mother appeared in my room all of a sudden as soon as I woke up. I was still on my bed, refusing to believe that it was already morning. My hair was a mess and my eyes were half shut. But my mother seemed excited than ever.
“What?” I asked lazily.
“Here.” She handed me a small box as she sat on my bed, beside me. “Open it.” To her delight, I opened the box and there was a ring inside it. I know where this is going!
I rolled my eyes. “Mom!”
“It’s for HyeSoo!” She uttered happily. “Give it to her and propose her. She may feel unloved if you just marry her.” Then she grabbed my hand and rubbed it. “Listen Luhan, You are soon going to be a husband to a lovely girl. You have to be responsible than this. I want you to look after her every day, just like your father looks after me. Girls love to be loved. Do you get it?”
I couldn’t answer her. I was speechless. I just kept looking at her. The things she said were never in my mind. I never thought of those. I never felt that my life was gonna change. But again, shouldn’t I look after her? I broke her heart once and I wasn’t gonna do that again. It’s time for you to be a gentleman, Luhan!

“Okay, mom” I uttered in a low voice as my mother exclaimed in happiness.
“Get ready and come down for breakfast.” She went out of my room. I have to say this. My mom was a great day dreamer!

______________________________________________________________________________________

7 YEARS AGO|1st of April, 2008
Day of Doom

“Hey, HyeSoo.” I called out to her during the interval. She turned around and smiled brightly at me.
“What?” She asked as she walked up to me. “Why did you call me?”
“I have something to tell you.” I said innocently, putting my best act. “You- I mean, it hasn’t been long since you came into my life. Uhm.” I sighed to make it more believable.
“What is it?” She asked anxiously.
“I don’t know how to put this. But you are someone that I always think about, always.” I looked right into her eyes. “I think I’m in love with you, Kim HyeSoo.”
“W-What?” she stuttered, but her eyes were set upon mine. There wasn’t much students around us, but those who were there gasped in amaze. That’s when I pulled HyeSoo towards me. I hugged her tightly as I said. “Happy fool’s day!” Everybody else sighed in relief except HyeSoo.
“What?” She asked as I broke the hug.
“Happy fool’s day, idiot! You fell into my trap.” I laughed as I explained.
“You mean, all the things you just said was a joke?” She still didn’t believe what I was saying.
“Of course, pumpkin head.” I patted on her shoulders. “Today’s April 1st! It’s fool’s day!”
“Is that something that joke around about?” Her voice cracked as her eyes were getting red. “Aren’t you just a jerk?”
“Hey, it was just a joke! No hard feelings!” I tried to explain but it was all in vain as she turned around and ran away from me. I should have run after her, but my mind couldn’t process everything that happened at the moment. So I decided to talk to her after school and maybe apologize if I confused her.

 

                        I was in the washroom, washing my face when Sehun came in. I smiled at him through the mirror and started washing my hands. But suddenly Sehun approached me and closed the tap, making me confused as I looked up at him. “What?”
“Do you think it’s funny?” He roared, startling me. It was the first time I saw him that much angry.
“What’s funny?” I still couldn’t understand what he was saying.
“Telling a girl that you love her and saying that it was just a joke.” He was dead serious. His eyes pierced through mine, making my heart beat faster as I started to sweat.
“Ah that.” I tried to find the words to say. “Today’s fool’s day. So I was just fooling around.”
“You know what, Luhan? You really are a jerk!” He shouted in my ear. “You act like you own the whole school and never respect how others feel. It’s all just a joke to you.”
“Hey, what’s that about?” Well now, I was pissed off. “Can’t I just tell a joke on the fool’s day?”
“There are things that you don’t joke about. And what you took as a joke meant the world to that girl.”
“What are you talking about?”
“HyeSoo had feelings for you.”Sehun’s words froze me for a moment. Is this really true? Did she like me? Why me?
“She what?” With that I walked out of the washroom, kicking the door open. I could feel the anger rising inside me, making me feel my blood burning in my veins. I was walking fast, drawing all the attention to me. But I couldn’t care less. I was already out of my mind.

______________________________________________________________________________________

4th of February, 2015

                    Today I decided to treat her better.  Listening to what my mother said made me think again about what I did to HyeSoo. Maybe this would be the best way to repay her. At least I thought so.

“Ah I’m so out of my mind!” HyeSoo murmured, looking tired.
“Hey, are you okay?” That was all I could think of to talk nicely.
She chuckled before looking at me. “Since when did you start to care?” Well, that question quite broke my heart. HyeSoo used to be a close friend of mine though we always fought and it breaks my heart to hear words like that coming from her. Even though I was a jerk, I did care in a way they couldn’t notice. But again it’s my fault, I should have showed them that I care. But I was never good at showing my feelings. “Well, that’s rude.” I said without even realizing.
“Wait, you’re not heartbroken, are you?” She asked pointing at me with a wide grin.
“Tsk. My !” I looked away. I was pissed off at the moment. Then it struck me. The reason why I asked HyeSoo to come today. “Wanna go somewhere else? Somewhere that we can release all our stress out.” I asked without looking at her. If I looked at her, it would hurt my pride. I waited for her to answer, but she didn’t say a word. At last I looked at the direction where she was. And there she was putting on her handbag and sunglasses.
“What are you waiting for?” She asked as she smiled. “I too need refreshment.” And I was quite happy to hear that. Have I accomplished on my mission of being a gentleman? Is there any chance of her still liking me?

            We went to an amusement park that was nearby. It was my idea. I thought we could have more fun there. Everything looked bright and happy there. All the people were laughing and enjoying themselves. Some were talking about how fun the roller coaster was while some refuse to even look at it. Well, me and HyeSoo were totally different from them.  We kept quiet for a long time and walked through all the excited people. It was the most awkward moment in my life. I wanted to ask her to go on the roller coaster or the water ride, but my mind wasn’t strong enough. What if she refuses? It’ll harm my pride. Damn, my pride!

“So.” She uttered as we passed the entrance to the roller coaster. “What are we gonna do?”
“Anything you want?” See, I’m being nice.
“Since when did you start to care about other’s opinions?” She stared at me as if she was looking at an alien.
“Enough with the ‘since whens’ already!” I said looking around. “What about the roller coaster?”
“Um not interested.” She disagreed. “What about water ride?” She smiled childishly, looking at me and waiting for my approval. I chuckled as I nodded. Within minutes, we were shouting as water splashed on us, making us wet. But we were happy despite the drenched clothes. From then, unlike before, we tried everything in the amusing park until I ran out of money. It was 10 p.m. already and we were not happy to leave as both of us were enjoying every single moment there, because for a moment we forgot about what happened in the past and became those two close friends who teased each other every time. It felt so good. The burden of hurting her was not on my shoulders and I felt my guilty consciousness fading away. We were friends again. We didn’t hate each other. Most importantly, she didn’t hate me.

“I didn’t even realize that it was getting late.” She smiled as she said while we were walking back to the car.
“Me neither.” I smiled back. We both were calling back our memories of that day, which made us smile silently. As we got into the car, I tried to start the engine. It made a sound but didn’t start. I tried again and again but nothing changed. 

“What is it?” She asked me, her eyes widened.
“Don’t know.” I opened the door. “I’ll check” I went out and opened the bonnet. I kept staring at it.

Did I know about car engines? No.

Was I ever interested in it? No.

Has this happened before? No.

Is there any chance of me repairing this? No.

Then why am I staring at this? Because of myself pride.

 

“Can you fix it?” HyeSoo asked as she came to me.
“Of course” I lied. Oh god, please help me. I can’t tell her that I don’t know about these stufsf. I’m a man for god’s sake. After good 20 minutes of staring, HyeSoo spoke.
“Can I tell you something?” She looked at me and I nodded. “I think we’re out of gas.”
I chuckled. I never thought of that. “What makes you think that?”
“Uh fuel gauge?” She waited for my respond. I hurried back into the car. She was right. We were out of gas. I felt embarrassed. I stepped out of the car and locked it.
“You know nothing about cars. Do you?” She smirked.
“We’ll have to walk home.” I ignored her question.
“I’ll take it as a no.” She smirked again. “But tell me, what were you planning on doing?”
“I’ll walk you home.” I pretended not to hear her.
“Aren’t you one big headed guy?” She grinned. “Was it that much hard for you to admit that you don’t know about cars?”
“Isn’t it cold?” I uttered and took my coat off.
“Why are you taking off your coat if you are cold?” She asked cutely. I smiled and put my coat on her.
“Why are you like this today?” She looked at me, suspecting. “You are creepy today.”
“Well, I can be creepy sometimes.” I coughed. What am I saying?!!
“Now you’re scary.” She walked ahead of me and I followed her. As I was walking behind her, she suddenly stopped, looking up at the sky. I too followed her gaze. She was looking at a star. It wasn’t just a star, it was the brightest in the sky.
“What is it?” I asked as I stopped beside her.
“You know what that is?” She asked, her eyes gleaming as the moonlight shone on her.
“Yeah.” I nodded like it was the most obvious thing. “It’s a star.” She looked at me as I said, disappointed.
She shook her head before asking again. “Yeah, I mean what star is it?”
“How am I supposed to know?” I looked at her and shrugged. And earned a hit on the back of my head.  “Ouch”
“That’s Sirius.” She uttered as her eyes gazed back at the star.
“What’s serious?” I asked, idiotically.
“That star.” Her eyes were still on the star.
“You mean that star is serious?” I asked again as I glared at her. She just nodded. “Are you serious right now? How do you know if a star is serious or not? Stars are lifeless. Those can’t be serious. You are really funny!” I laughed out loud. But she was staring at me with an expression that I couldn’t read. “What?”
“You stupid idiot! I wasn’t talking about serious! I was talking about Sirius!”
“What? Does that even make sense?”
“Ahh! Sirius is a. name. of. A. star! For god’s sake. It’s S-I-R-I-U-S, Sirius! Not S-E-R-I-O-U-S, serious!”
I couldn’t grab what she was saying I was totally dumbfounded. “Serious is a star?”

 

             That night, when I got back home after dropping Hyesoo, I threw myself on bed to call it a day and fall asleep. But surprisingly, my friend a.k.a. sleepiness never even glance at me. I didn’t sleep. I couldn’t sleep. Something kept bothering me.  In a minute all the memories we had at the amusement park came flashing inside my mind. A smile crept on my face as I cherished them. It was the first time, after a long time that I saw her happy like that. And I was more than happy to be the reason for that. I got up as I was reminded of something. I grabbed my phone and typed on the search bar. ‘serious star’. As the results showed up, I saw a statement in blue on the top. It read, ‘you mean Sirius star’. I clicked on it immediately only to find a lot of pictures and information about it. I clicked on a link and started to read it. I mentally face palmed myself. “So this is the Sirius she was talking about! You are so dead, Luhan!” I told myself as my cheeks turned red out of embarrassment. I lay down my bed again, ruffling my hair. I closed my eyes tightly as I whispered. ‘please kill me.’ But again I smiled to myself and soon I realized that I was thinking about her. I was thinking about Kim HyeSoo. I felt my heart racing and an unfamiliar feeling ran through my veins.

“What have you done to me, Kim HyeSoo?”

______________________________________________________________________________________

7th of February, 2015
 

“Your wedding is on the 11th of November.” My mother announced as she clapped happily. Soon the others joined except me and HyeSoo. I smiled inwardly at the idea of making her mine, but soon stopped noticing that she was not doing fine. I looked over at her and saw her face darkening. “Does she hate me that much?” I asked from myself. As I kept staring at her, she turned her head to the side to look at me. She was sad, I could tell. And without a word, she stood up and walked out of the room, where we were all gathered to announce about the wedding. I felt hurt and left behind. I could feel my eyes get wet, but not to the extent to tear up. As time passed, she didn’t come inside again. So I decided to go to her by myself.

         As I walked out of the house, I saw her near the gate. “Is she going to leave?” I ran to her shouting. “HyeSoo.” She looked back at me. I stopped in front of her and panted. “Are you leaving?” I asked. “Alone?” She nodded in reply.

“Can we talk?” I looked at her, waiting her to nod again. But instead she shook her head. “Why not?”
“I asked someone to pick me up.” She answered, still with her darkened face.
“We can talk until that person comes.” I said again.
“Okay then.”

We walked in our garden as I started. “Do you really hate to marry me?”
She seemed rather surprised by my question. “Why you ask?”
“Because I’m excited about it.” I spitted it out. Is it too fast?
“What?” Her head shot up to look at me. “What do you mean?”
“I mean I-I” I stuttered. “I like you!” Her eyes widened and dropped. She was trying to say something, but it didn’t come out. She was frozen on the spot, but to her amaze I pulled her towards me and put my hands around her waist as I placed my lips on hers. My heart was beating faster and she may have heard it. ‘Cause for the first time I didn’t wanna hide it from her anymore. I wanted her to know how I felt about her. But my thoughts were distracted when someone pulled me away from HyeSoo and punched me on the face. I fell on my . “Ouch”

“Who the hell do you think you are?” A voice roared at me.
“Sehun, stop it!” I heard HyeSoo shouting and my head shot up as I heard his name.
“Sehun?” I uttered as I stood up on my own. HyeSoo was holding Sehun back, who was struggling to come at me again.
“Yeah, it’s Sehun! Surprised to see me?” He yelled at me.
“What are you doing here?” I asked, ignoring his anger.
“What I’m doing here?” he chuckled. “I should ask you that! You’re the one who kissed my girl!”
My eyes widened as I hear him. “Your girl?” I looked at HyeSoo, searching for an answer, but she looked down approving what the other said.
“Yeah, she’s my girlfriend and you freaking kissed her.” He yelled again. I could see anger burning in his eyes. And without me realizing he punched me again. I fell on the ground as my nose bled. He kicked me on the stomach and I heard HyeSoo trying to stop him. I could not think straight as I was thinking about HyeSoo again. I got kicked a couple of times until HyeSoo dragged Sehun away with her. I watched as her image faded away. I was still on the ground and I didn’t feel like getting up. But I had to as I heard my mom shouting my name. I got up immediately and ran into the house.

“What happened to you?” Mom asked as I passed her.
“Oh, I just tripped and fell.” I answered and ran to my room. I was pretty sure she couldn’t she me bleeding as I ran fast.

 

               I got into the shower to get washed as I was hell of a mess. I stared blankly as the water ran down my body. I wasn’t that much wounded, but it ached as water ran down on them. Yet my mind was totally out of it. I still couldn’t grasp it. I still did not believe what just happened. Sehun and HyeSoo were together all this time and she didn’t even bother to tell me? If she had said so then I would have never felt this way! Then I wouldn’t be this much troubled. Then I would not let me fall for her. This is what happens when you fall for someone and there is no one to catch you. So you’ll only end up getting hurt. Suddenly a question struck my head. Is this how HyeSoo felt 7 years ago? With that I was lost in my thoughts. But there was another question to be answered; Should I hold on to her or should I let her go?

______________________________________________________________________________________

23rd of February, 2015

10.30 a.m.
“Luhan, go and design your wedding invitation cards with her.” I was shocked as I hear my mom talking. “I found a nice place for your wedding.”
“W-What?” I stuttered.
“Invitations! Hurry up and go now.” With that she left my room. Oh, right! They don’t know anything about what happened between us. Luhan, you idiot! You’ve got to tell them! But didn’t HyeSoo told her parents about this?

 

6.00p.m.
“Luhan, what are you doing here?” HyeSoo almost shouted when I entered her room.  Obviously, her parents didn’t know anything about us either.
“What? I came to see my fiancé.” I shrugged. But HyeSoo glared at me. “I came here to give you this.” I handed her an envelope.
“What’s this?” She asked, looking at the envelope.
“Open it and see.” I signaled her to open it and as she did her eyes widened. It was an invitation. A wedding invitation. I looked at how she reacted.  She didn’t like it at all.
“You know that we can’t do it.” She looked up at me with the card in her hands.
“Just open the card.” I demanded. She hesitated. “Just open it.”
She stopped breathing when she saw what was inside. She slowly turned her head to look at me.  “But it isn’t your name, it’s Sehun’s” She uttered and I nodded at her.
“Talk to your parents and I’ll talk to mine.” With that I walked towards the door.
“Luhan.” I heard her calling but I didn’t look back or even stop. I just kept walking and slammed the door behind me. Yes, I’ve decided to let her go. For all this time I thought it was my fate to make her mine, but I was wrong. It has been Sehun’s fate all this long.

______________________________________________________________________________________

11th of November, 2015

 

                  The day that I wished never came finally knocked at my door. 11th of November, which should have been the day of my life was now somebody else’s. I struggled under my blanket, not wanting to get up and face the day. Today I have to attend my love’s wedding, in which I’m not his groom, but my long lost friend. Should I really go? They’ll be fine without me, won’t they? I stared at the ceiling. How many times have I wished that she’ll come back to me? But it was all in vain. And I think I deserved it.       

 

1st of April, 2008
Day of Doom

“Luhan, what are you doing?” HyeSoo yelled as I dragged her along with me to the school yard, where there was nobody around.
“What was that?” I asked, angrily.
“What was what?” She asked back.
“Do you love me or something?” HyeSoo’s face went blank as I asked that question. Tears welled up in her eyes threatening to fall. “I’m asking you!” Still she didn’t say anything. Instead she looked down. “So you do? I treated you as a friend, a really close friend. Is this how you repay?”
“Is it wrong to love someone?” She asked between her tears.
“No, it’s not!” I shouted. “But I don’t feel that way. And when I was just joking around, you just acted like I was the bad guy that cheated on her girl. But I told myself that it was fine because you were a friend of mine. But you expected more, didn’t you?”
“Luhan, shut your damn mouth!” Sehun came running towards us.
“You stay out of this!” I warned.
“I won’t” He came to me. “She just loved you. What’s wrong with that?”
“It’s not wrong. Just tell her to stop acting like she’s my damn girlfriend.” I hissed as I walked away from them.
“Luhan, you just lost a friend. Congratulations!” Sehun yelled from behind.
“Not one, two!” I shouted in return.

 

           I sighed as I remembered that day. Wasn’t I a fool? If I accepted her that day then it would have been me who stands beside her today. I threw the blanket away and got out of bed as I got ready to leave. I had an hour left for the ceremony. But my legs refused to walk  to their wedding, so I ended up coming to a café. I sat on one of the tables that was close to the window and starred outside. I frowned as couples walked down the road hand in hand. “I’m really jealous about you, man” I whispered. As I kept on thinking to myself I heard my phone ring.

1 message from Kim HyeSoo

Aren’t you coming?
-HyeSoo-

‘No’ I replied. And placed my phone on the table and drank my coffee. But it rang again.

Why?
-HyeSoo-

Why? You are asking me why? Well, I can’t explain it either. I just don’t wanna go!

‘Sorry.’ I replied again.

Friends again?
-HyeSoo-

Well, I don’t know. I didn’t reply to that. I just slipped my phone to my pocket and walked out of the café. I need time to get over this!

                   I walked down the road without having any idea where I was going. I was tired, mentally. It has been 8 months, but I was still thinking about her, mostly regretting for not taking the opportunity when I had the chance. But I didn’t feel this way back then. But she did. And now I like her. But she doesn’t. Of course, it had been 7 years, so she had plenty of time to get over me. Maybe I will too be fine after some years. But for now, I still love her. I still want her and my heart beats faster whenever I think of her. I stopped and looked up at the sky. It was still day, but I was reminded of the star, Sirius. I let out a soft chuckle. I learned that Sirius is the brightest star in the sky that day. But actually there are two stars, though it looks like one. That day I thought that one day us two will be together like those two stars. It was just a dream. And now I learned that I was a great day dreamer too. But I have to admit that it felt nice while it lasted. A dull end to my first love. With that I started to walk again. Maybe this will help me forget.

 

‘I’ve heard people say ‘Dear cupid, next time hit us both.’ But for me, I have something else to say,
“Dear Cupid, next time hit us both at the same time.”

 

 

-The End-

_______________________________________________________________________________

One question; Is it lame?