Still hiding inside

Journey Of Hearts

 

Here it is! Sorry for the late update ^^ and Thank you so much for reading, commenting, voting, subscribing and everything! I really appreciate it :)

***

 

Naeun's POV

I was lying on my bed getting ready to sleep. My mind couldn't take of the thoughts of earlier leaving me with an embarrassed smile. I even reached home to find my parents still sound asleep. It was truly amazing.. Being with him all alone and that late, was so much fun. I finally realised my feelings for him.. That I like him. I was pretty sure I liked him before as well but after today it felt like my heart was completely leaning towards him. I.. I didn't feel upset anymore.. About the past, as if I had forgotten the pain it gave me. It was relieving to think that. I wanted to finally get on with my life happily and I'm sure I had the strength to do it. "I will do my best!" I said as I grabbed my phone and smiled at it..



Kai's POV

She is so pretty.. Inside and out. That is so rare to find. I feel that I have accomplished my goal today. I'm not stressed anymore.. She is finally okay. I hope I can make her even happier from now on to make sure she keeps that smile on her face. A sigh left my mouth as I grabbed my phone... "Naeun-ah.. Why are you so cute?"

Flashback

She was sat on the swing with both her hands holding the strings while looking up and smiling at the night sky.. I blushed at it, covering my nose with my palm but cheerfully smiled at her. If only I could see her smile whenever I wanted.. Upon thinking those words, my mind clicked. I walked towards her as I got my phone out. "Naeun-ah" I called while paying attention to my phone. She looked up and I continued. "Wanna take a photo?" "Eh?" She let out. "Um.. okay" she spoke as a smile formed on her face. "Cool!" I said as I got next to her bringing out my arm to find both our faces reflecting the phone. "Smile" I said and she smiled... It turned out better than I thought it would.

"Shall I take one as well?" Naeun asked while smiling with her teeth out. "Of course!" I replied. She brought her phone out and 'click'.. "Eh?" I mumbled out while seeing her laughing at me. "Yah! I thought you wanted to take one together?" I smirked. "No? I never said that" she replied after getting up from the seat and holding the phone in front of me to see my picture.. "Yah! It looks ugly, delete it." I said but she shook her head and stepped back with a cheeky smile on her face. "Yah!" I laughed as I came towards her. She chuckled at me while trying to run away from me. She was faster than I imagined..

I ran after her until we reached the fountain and I trapped her. "You're not going to delete it?" I asked with a grin on my face. "Click." She took another photo of me.. I headed towards her until she couldn't step back any further. I leaned closer and I saw her eyes widen.. "If you don't delete it.." I said as our faces were inches away from each other. "Then I guess Naeun will be going for a little swim." I leaned in closer and she tried stepping back but tripped and nearly fell in the water. That is before I grabbed her. "O-okay! I'll delete it" she shakingly said. "That's better" I replied and let go of her. She deleted it in front of me and we both laughed at the moment. I really wish time would stop right now. Just then, Naeun’s eyes widened as if something interrupted her head. She glanced at her watch. It was 12:30am. "Um, I gotta get back now.." She said. I nodded but sighed in my mind. "I'll drop you off" I said as I turned to the exit direction.

End of flash back

Sigh.. It would have been nice if she could have stayed a little longer. But I guess, slow is better. I think I’ll enjoy it more as well. Spending more time with her like this will make her open herself up to me more. I continued to lay on my bed staring at my phone.. My ears were filled with soothing music as I remembered our moment today.. Suddenly my phone vibrated. I smiled as I saw who the message was from..

From Naeun-ah:

< Thank You. It was fun :) >

I sighed with satisfaction and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep.. But I couldn’t. “Naeun-ah..” I mumbled as my eyes slowly opened.. “What have you turned me into..?”

 

Naeun’s POV

**

I saw the bus coming nearer after eagerly waiting.. I stepped in and smiled shyly as I walked up the stairs. My heart was beating faster than usual.. But I wasn’t nervous. More like.. Excited? At that moment, as I turned around with hidden expectations.. My heart dropped at the presence of that someone.

“no..” I mumbled as I tried to catch my breath that was getting heavier as each second passed by. I was staring at his cold expression that turned into a smirk meeting my shaking eyes.. And beside him, was that girl.. “It’s been a while.. Naeun-ah..” he uttered as he put his arm around her tugging her closer. There was no response from her.. Nothing but an expressionless face looking at me with no interest.. I flickered my eyes that were slowly being filled with tears.. I stepped back and stumbled slightly to which a laugh escaped his mouth.. “Still clumsy as always” he spoke with a smirk on his face. I stepped further away but I didn’t notice the stairs behind me and...!!

**

I opened my eyes in shock and lifted myself up. It was a dream.. My heart rate was still rising and I could feel the anxiety coming back to me. At that moment my alarm broke off which made me nearly drop to death.. Why? I asked myself as my hand pressed against my chest. I didn’t do anything.. And yet I’m feeling scared. I was suddenly taken back to last night and my heart skipped a beat.. My eyes started watering at my thoughts.. I am so happy yet, so scared.. What if it was to happen again? I asked myself. I sighed and stared at my window seeing the sun shining brightly through the curtains. “no..” I mumbled to myself. “I won’t let it happen again..” I remembered how happy I was these days and I was not going to let those thoughts ruin that for me. I got up from my bed and brought my attention to my phone seeing the photo still there from last night.. “How did I end up with a nightmare after staring at this?” I smiled slightly and shook my head to wake me up and get ready for the day.


Friday

Kai's POV

As soon as I saw her come up the stairs my smile brightened. Her eyes catching my smile and a shy smile taking over her face. Her long wavy hair sitting comfortably against her shoulders as she takes a seat on the right side making a gap form between us. I continued examining her as she looked at me with her sweet smile. "How was your day?" I asked paying no attention to my usual habit. "It was okay" she spoke and returned my question. "Good" I replied taking in the front view.. I put my hands in my pockets and leaned against the seat comfortably. I turned to my right seeing her doing the same.. "I missed you.." I said while my eyes never left her sight. She turned to face me with surprise written all over her face. She giggled at my words.. "I missed you too" she spoke with her teeth out. There, my heart fluttered.. The fact that she didn't know my hidden intentions from my words made me chuckle at her.. "Anything new?" I asked. She sat there thinking hard about it and shook her head. I couldn't take it no more..

"Naeun.." I called. She paid attention to me and I continued. "Have you ever had a boyfriend before?" I let out. What?? What am I saying?! My mind was regretting what I said since I sounded so obvious, but, that is what I wanted to know. I couldn't think of the thoughts of someone else being with her.. Surprisingly her smile vanished and an expressionless face took over her..


Naeun's POV

My heart started to beat faster.. What? I questioned myself. Why did he ask me that.. It all came back to me again. The dream I had. The situation I was in. My eyes stared at his curiosity being unable to answer him. My mind went into a bag of questions.. Expecting the worse.. He couldn't possibly know of my past.. But why would he ask me that? Out of plain curiosity? I didn’t believe it. I flicked my eyes diverting them to the window. “Why?..” I asked him. After a few seconds of no reply from him I turned my gaze towards him.. He was reading me, again. From when I least expected it.. A laugh escaped his mouth. He turned to me giving me a smile with a frown on his face. “Why?.. Is there a ‘yes’ hidden behind that?” he smirked. I was a little taken back from his words and I couldn’t help but turn my gaze away from him.. “Noo..” I heard him say, almost sarcastically. “You have haven’t you..” he said to which I turned my worried face towards him. He looked a little exhausted but a small smile still managed to take over him. “That..” I mumbled and cleared my throat due to my awkward voice. “That’s right..” I replied with a smile on my face. But why did I smile..? I didn’t understand that. Was I trying not to look upset in front of him? And I made it look like I was proud to answer that.. He leaned against his seat and I noticed a frown appearing between his eyebrows as he looked at me. “Woah.. It’s kind of hard to believe” he said. I was lost for words. What did he mean by that.. “Why is that?” I asked trying to sound as normal as possible. “Just..” he let out and gazed back at the front window. I don’t know why but my heart shrunk a little by his words.. Right now I wished I had said no, but it was too late for that.

Silence took over the moment. I think nearly a minute passed by with no talking and just staring at the view ahead of us. By then I became a little worried. “So what happened?” he asked all of a sudden. “eh?” I let out. The view of him leaning comfortably against his seat and the plain expression of his diverting my way gave shivers down my spine. “What.. What do you mean?” I asked. “Why did you guys not work out..?” he asked being clearer from what he previously meant. My eyes fidgeted after hearing him say that.. What should I say? “Ah that-I..” I cleared my throat once again. But just as I was about to speak my throat felt as if it was strangling itself, again.  He turned to me and noticed my weird behaviour by raising his eyebrows. No Naeun! Get yourself together! I blinked a couple of times and lifted my back straight up. I gazed to him seeing his puzzled expression. My lips pursed together whilst the feeling of water in my eyes decided to appear. “ah.. why?” I let out with a fake smile as tears fell down from my eyes. My smile suddenly vanished and my teeth clenched together awkwardly not being able to look at him while droplets of water ran down.

 

Kai’s POV

She has had a boyfriend.. She has had a boyfriend.. SHE HAS HAD A BOYFRIEND??! I still couldn’t believe it.. Not that she wasn’t worthy of having one, but, is there even anyone worthy of having her? What kind of person could he be? No, what kind of person does she like? Aish! Jongin, this isn’t the time to go into that. I tried not to let my feelings show but I guess by the silence between us, I clearly didn’t do a good job at all. All I could say was that it was hard to believe.. Nothing else, which let to pure silence.. Ok, I need to say something before I go crazy! I looked towards her being a little upset from hearing that.. why? It was I who wanted to know so badly..

“So what happened?” I decided to say to break the silence. “eh?” she responded in confusion “What.. What do you mean?” She asked. “Why did you guys not work out..?” I spoke this time making sure I didn’t leave anything out for confusion to occur again.

“ah that-I..” left . I was confused by her change in behaviour and I could sense something was off. As she cleared and I took a look at her face, I knew I shouldn’t have asked what I did.. Tears started falling down her cheeks and that’s where I wanted to punch myself in the face..

 

Oh gosh.. What have I done..?