Genuine

Kingdom of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

genuine

 

After the encounter with the mansion's helpers, he had begun to grow closer to Taemin and the gang. He didn't understand why everyone was always so fearful of them. They were playful and he felt comfortable in their presence. It wasn't like they were freaks with two heads or four arms. They were normal.

 

"Hi oppa!" A high pitched voice sounded right behind him and he failed to keep his feet on the ground. Trying to keep the alarm out of his expression, he turned to face the girl.

 

"Uh, hi, may I help you?" He was curious. Who was she?

 

The girl suddenly giggled and he became even more confused. Then, she pinched his cheeks, causing him to lean back, not liking the rough way she squeezed his face.

 

"Oppa-yah! You're so cute! I can make you bentos everyday!" She beamed up at him, her eyes filled with love.

 

"I-uh..." 

 

Another girl looking similar to the first popped out of nowhere, her hands looped around his neck from the back. Luhan yelped, thinking someone was trying to murder him. But before he screamed bloody murder, a seductive voice breathed into his ear. What.

 

"You're so handsome oppa, don't you want to be with me? I can pleasure you in ways you can't imagine..." The girl purred, turning him to look at her. She was wearing an extremely short skirt, and the first few buttons of her school blouse were undone. 

 

"Eh? Wha-"

 

"Oppa, I can play music for you all night long, it'll be far better than listening to that screaming or eating this idiot's horrible cooking. Come with me." Yet another voice tried to persuade him. The two other girls shot glares in the newcomer's direction but she just waved a hand dismissively.

 

He looked at all their faces caked with make up, advancing towards him, cornering him against the lockers. "Hm? What do you say oppa?"

 

His eyes widened and he leaned as far back as he could, truly frightened of what the girls were going to do to him. He was seriously starting to freak out.

 

Then his saviour came. 

 

Taemin swung a hand over his shoulder and winked at the girls.

 

"Sorry babes, the lad's not ready yet." He signalled with his eyes some kind of hidden message and their mouths formed an 'o', then they nodded obediently, skipping off. Luhan was beyond confused.

 

"What, even..." 

 

Taemin chuckled, dishevelling his golden hair. "Trust me, they won't be the last."

 

What? Oh dear lord, somebody help me.

 

***

 

Luhan hummed what he thought was quietly, his earphones plugged in and eyes closed as he lounged on the sofa lazily. Somewhere midst the popping music he could indistinctly hear a crash. He opened one eye. It didn't happen again. Perhaps it was just the effects in the song. But no, it happened again. And it was totally out of time.

 

He bolted up, looking behind him and his eyes widened to see many many unfamiliar faces. But out of all, he was still counting, all 11 of them, he could recognise three faces. The baby-faced deep voice boy named Chanyeol, and the two others he met the other day at the Bowlerama, Kyungsoo and Jongin. They looked equally as surprised as him and in a stampede of everybody trying to run, they bumped into each other and landed in a tangle of limbs. Luhan winced in second-hand pain.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter