#NotJustABump

Letters and Direct Calls Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Henry returned to Boston, things seemed to return to normal; School resumed, she was busy and he was busy as well. The messages however were a bit different, hearts grew in numbers and so did the words ‘I miss you’ and ‘love you’. They were also sweeter and video calls were much often than before. Their "relationship" went on for a couple of weeks till Henry had to cut some their together time off because of his rehearsals and Chaerin understood because she has rehearsals of her own as well.

After the 3rd month, they had their first fight. Chaerin didn't bring her phone to their 3day retreat and Henry obviously panicked. “We talked about this didn't we?” she said
“I know. Why didn't you bring your phone?”
“I told you. I FORGOT it at HOME. How many times do I have to tell you? I have every intention of bringing it, I just forgot”
“Yeah. SURE”
“If you don't want to believe me then FINE. I explained my side and if you don't trust me then so be it. Goodnight.” she said and hung up on him. Chaerin removed her phone's battery and sobbed her way to sleep. Henry called the next day and apologized, they were okay for a few hours till Layla uploaded the photos she took of the retreat. She noticed that a couple of them are with her and with Harvey and his arm around her shoulder. She reached out to Henry, wanting to clear her side but he sent her a message that scarred her deep inside ‘You didn't need to lie to me, I knew you didn't want to bring it. I was curious at first but now I know why’
“DAMN IT HENRY.” she said, listening to his phone, ringing 
“PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE YOU IDIOT” she said again, now being sent to voice mail “Henry come on, just answer my call. Please… let’s talk” but no answer.
~~~~~~~

Months came by, Christmas cards were received and sent but still, no contact whatsoever. Chaerin almost broke but she held her ground and said to herself “Nope. He's different. Be strong”. She sent him a scarf that she knitted, she got a bag and a perfume in return but no letters, no thank you, just gifts. She saw him using the scarf in one of his pictures and the bag that he gave became her favourite in an instant. She knew immediately that their relationship came back to just being friends and no more. She went about her life and continued to strive in school; she became an active member in the choir, training new recruits and became third in command. She saw that Henry became the lead violinist and eventually a soloist in his orchestra.

She had a few flings here and there but none of them really captured her. She kept Layla real close and they became the best of friends, doing almost everything together. 3rd year of college seemed a bit overboard but she kept herself alive by having a "Keep Calm and One More Year to go" poster in her bedroom that was given to her by one of her juniors in the choir, Rana. 
~~~~~~~
With all the encouragement, hard work, late nights, extra money from her jobs, no sleep and most importantly, caffeine, she graduated with flying colours, 1st in class and 3rd in her year, getting all A's and having showed great work as the head of the choir, her parents got her an all-expense paid trip to Boston. “You can go visit Henry!” her mom said
“Mom, I haven't talked to him after he left the last time… well a little after that... and that was like four or five years ago.”
“Wow… really? Well, now's the time to talk to him again” her mom said with a smile
“Thanks guys. I really am thankful for this gift” she said, smiling a little
“You deserve it, Honey. I hope you and Layla enjoy the trip” her dad simply said
“Layla? She's coming with?” her smile turning into a grin
“Well, her mom and I had a chance to talk and we thought that you two needed a break from all of this. A little girl time?” her mom replied. She ran to them an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter