Three.

Trials and tribulations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My sweetheart…

My sunshine….

This is for you….

 

Words fail me…

To describe the day you walked into my life….

 

These are the few words with which the video starts playing with Siwon’s baritone voice providing narratives in the background. Kyuhyun is baffled, stumped and completely taken by surprise at this juncture.

 

In front of his very own eyes, he bears witness to this marvellous display of his entire eight year career as a singer, as a member of Super Junior but most importantly as Choi Siwon’s soulmate. The first slide shows him as a shy and an introverted boy in his late teens who preferred to stay in the sidelines instead of the limelight.

 

Hard to believe this is you….Look at you! You were so scrawny!

 

Typical idiot! He thinks as the next slide comes into view.

 

That was him again. Pale, thin, sickly looking, hair sticking out, wearing the most hideous clothes known to mankind.

 

Thank heavens for firing that stylist! He shudders at the reminder of having gone through torturous styling sessions with that person in the past.

 

Above all he was wearing a smile, a brilliant radiant one that whoever sees it will have their worries and anxieties completely washed away and he was singing, the one thing he treasures the most in this world, the very purpose of his existence.

 

This was the day I heard you sing for the first time…..the day I knew that I had fallen irrevocably in love with you.

 

The next one slides in and in this he is sad and sullen looking, head hung low, refusing to face their enraged leader who seems like he is reprimanding him.

 

It broke my heart to see you crying for the first time….But hyung understood that its not your fault and that you just needed time to adjust….

 

Of course he did! JungSoo hyung came up to me and apologised later that night! He reminisces.

 

And the next one is where both of them come into picture. Kyuhyun cant help but smile warmly after seeing just how perfect they looked together. A tear rolls down but this time out of happiness, happiness of having to relish these wonderful memories captured in print. In that particular slide he notices that his smile was way different. Siwon was gazing lovingly like a love-struck teenager and he in turn returned the warm gesture with a heartfelt smile.

 

Don’t we look just perfect together…?

 

Yes we do….Yes we do….  His mind screams affirmatively without a speck of doubt.

 

The next one shows the practise room where Siwon sports a teasing smirk and Kyuhyun has his eyes closed holding a defeated expression. He remembers it being the day when he was told to show just how much of improvement he has made in dancing. Improvement be damned! They had way more fun than they’d ever had that day and Siwon was constantly teasing him, mocking him with the difficult dance move that later earned a him playful smack on his arm.

 

You mesmerise me with your cute falters…..It makes you all the more endearing and unique…

No human is perfect….But my love, you’re perfect in my eyes!

 

The next slide however brings a thousand emotions altogether. He is confused and doesn’t know what he should feel but Siwon beats him to it as he speaks again, this time his voice a tad bit lower in volume.

 

This was the day I almost lost you for good!

 

The slide shows him utterly incapacitated, his face isn’t shown clearly, most of his body being covered in white blankets.

 

Not a single day went by without prayers for you to wake up….

Doctors threw in the towel and a part of my soul died that day…

 

Siwon’s voice was cracking up and Kyuhyun could sense it coming, the unmistakable hitch in his voice followed by gentle sobs that accompanied a marginally stable narration.

 

The next one shows him lying on the hospital bed chatting happily with Donghae. And suddenly Siwon’s voice in the background sounds stable again, almost cheery.

 

I came to the hospital first thing in the morning as soon as I heard the good news!

Finally God had heard my prayers.

This was also when I thought I shouldn’t procrastinate any longer!

 

The next one is when he declared his profound love to him during a private dinner gathering at the dorms. Only the members were there and Siwon suddenly decided to break the news in front of everyone. What he thought could possibly end up in a disaster ended up in a pleasant way. Kyuhyun had accepted his love and all the members gave them both their consents by howling and wolf-whistling.

 

And then the slides just kept on coming bringing out different shades and patterns of his love life that he never knew existed, lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter