Two.

Trials and tribulations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You arrogant self-conceited jerk! You disgust me!

 

Kyuhyun’s words rang loud in his ear and he cringed realising the grave mistake that he has committed. Choi Siwon’s a goner and he is gonna run out of time and luck if he doesn’t do anything about it now.

 

His hands shake and he instantly drops the mug of hot coffee on the kitchen counter making it splash across the top creating a mess.

 

“What have I done? Wh..What have I said? Stupid…stupid….I…….shouldnt have said that! I…need to….Kyu…..KYUHYUN!” he clutches his hair and yells in hopes of catching up to him and plead, beg or grovel if he has to.

 

He stumbles outside and almost bumps into the flabbergasted manager.

 

“Siwon-ah whats wrong? Did you two just fight?” he asked. Siwon is breathless and his heart palpitates with unease the more he thinks about the outcome of this quarrel. He knows that he has clearly upset Kyuhyun when it is his first day of musical performance. And as far as his boyfriend is concerned, he isn’t going to take this lightly.

 

What if he doesn’t speak to me again???

Or worse…what if he breaks up with me?

 

“Hyung..I need to….I need to talk to Kyuhyun!” he pants.

 

“Whatever it is or was, it can wait till this evening! Kyuhyun needs to be somewhere right now and its already way too late!” the manager says.

 

“But hyung…”

 

“Siwon, just give him time. Do you think he will listen to you especially when he is already so tensed about today’s schedule? I don’t think so!” the manager reasoned.

 

“But…”

 

“Relax. You two clearly need some breathing space. Let your heads cool down a bit. I am sure he’ll come around in no time.” The manager says as he holds Siwon firmly by the shoulders and reasons with him.

 

“I..I guess you’re right! But can I ask you a favour hyung?” Siwon asks.

 

“Be quick. Or else I am gonna get my arse fired.”

 

“Can I come and pick him up after the performance? I wanna make it up to him any way I can!” Siwon requests.

 

“*sigh* The things I do for love! Fine! You can come pick him up. Now can I go?” the manager is running back to the car by this time.

 

“Ya. I’ll come later this evening. But don’t tell him now, ok!?” he gets a thumbs up as a reply and sees the black van driving off far away in no time.

 

Baby I am sorry! I hope you forgive me!

 

Meanwhile Kyuhyun is seething anger. He crosses his arms, squares his shoulders and mutters incoherent words and occasionally wipes away stray tears that make way down his cheeks.

 

His manager watches this scene through the rear view mirror and sighs. He says “Don’t let this get to your head Kyuhyun. You need to perform for all your fans out there tonight!”

 

“How can I not think about it when Siwon has accused me of cheating on him? Him of all people!” Kyuhyun barks in return.

 

“You know what he is! He is a ing opportunist who comes to me only when he needs me. ‘Baby this and baby that’ Doesn’t respect my emotions or my feelings one bit!” he continues.

 

“You know that’s not true. We all know how much Siwon treasures you!” his manager says as he keeps an eye on the road.

 

“Now no need to patronise hyung!” Kyuhyun replies as his manager’s patience snaps.

 

“I am not patronising! I am stating the facts! You do know how much protective he is of you and how much he pampers you.” His manager is completely lost on how to deal with this mess and whose side he should take. For fear of upsetting Kyuhyun, who needs to be in the mindset to perform in a few hours, he decides to play it safe by siding with him for the time being.

 

“Well he needs to take a hike if he thinks he can satisfy me by doing all of that! Coz I am not asking him to. All I demand from him is trust. If he cant even do such a simple thing then he doesn’t deserve this relationship!” Kyuhyun declares and sinks back into his seat and wipes a few more tears. His manager sighs again and feels apologetic as he sees Kyuhyun breaking down.

 

I am sorry Siwon! I did whatever I could to pacify him!

Only God can save you now.

Kyuhyun is hurt where it hurts the most!

 

The next few minutes pass by in complete silence and finally they reach the Arts Hall. Kyuhyun disembarks from the van and puts on an act of pretence as his profession demands him to. He smiles and waves at the fans so as not to disappoint them. But deep inside he is crying for he has been hurt by the one person whom he cherishes the most. He moves into the building and goes inside the restroom to calm himself down. But he cant. Tears pour down relentlessly in streams as he reminisces just how blatantly Siwon has accused him of a crime he wont even dream of committing even in his dreams.

 

How could you? How could you even think I was capable of cheating on you?

 

He feels his phone vibrating in his jacket pocket. He fishes it out and stares at it with sullen eyes.

 

Its all because of this!

 

A surge of pure unadulterated anger courses through him in a flash as he throws it on the ground and watches it shatter right in front of his eyes. Siwon had gifted him a brand new smartphone on their 1 month anniversary and he has treasured it ever since. He wipes his eyes again in a hurry and crouches down in front of the shattered phone. He picks up the broken parts and tries putting it back together in vain. The screen now sports a lengthy, ugly crack, nevertheless he collects the parts and puts it into his satchel. He turns on the faucet and washes his face repeatedly.

 

Wordlessly he sits in front of the mirror to let the make-up artists and stylists do their job of beautifying him. Its all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter