PART 3

Decisions Decisions


After their promotions in Japan ended, the group returned back to Korea. They were glad to be home and were quite homesick for a while. Their manager greeted the boys at the airport and drove them home to their missed dorm. Glad to return to their normal beds, the boys had a good night's rest.
However, while Jinki was glad to be home and didn't have to worry about the next day, Minho was distraught.
The younger boy confronted him after a broadcast.
"Hyung, are you sure we can carry on like this?" Minho asked.
"What do you mean; we are fine", Jinki said in confusion.
"We're not!" Minho exclaimed, "I'm not the type of person who can watch the one I love be touched by another person!"
Jinki narrowed his eyes, "What are you saying? You think I enjoyed it Minho? I'm not the type of person who enjoys being touched by someone I don't like!"
Minho realized he hurt the elder's feeling but he just couldn't keep his thoughts in his head. He just couldn't get around it; he was still effected by it.
"Minho, it's done! Can't you forget?" Jinki asked in a pleading tone.
"No of course not! Can you forget?" Minho snapped, "I can't control myself. I felt like attacking the old man! I don't think I'll be able to stop myself if I ever see him again! I can't sit back and let such a thing happen! What kind of boyfriend does that make me?"
Jinki was silent as he took in Minho's words. He realized how much it pained the younger even though it didn't directly effect him. This also made Jinki realize how much Minho cared for him.
"Hyung, I can't forget the feeling of being helpless when you cried yourself to sleep almost every night", Minho confessed.
Jinki looked at the young rapper in shock. "I-I thought you were asleep", he whispered softly.
After an extremely long pause, Minho finally spoke, "Hyung, I think we should take a break."
Jinki felt a piece of his heart break. When Minho turned his back to walk away to join the others in the car, Jinki had badly wanted to stop him and beg him to stay. But Jinki was a rational man. He knew he wouldn't know what to say to Minho. Dejectedly, the leader sighed as he followed.
The other members noticed something up with their leader and Minho as the two were very awkward with one other. But Jinki looked ready to burst in tears any second so none of the members touched upon the topic.
In the dorm, Minho had actively began to bluntly ignore the elder, avoiding him at all costs. Seeing his behaviour, Jinki felt even worse.
'He must be disgusted with me to be ignoring me so much', Jinki thought sadly.
Over time, Jinki and Minho only communicated when necessary, and they behaved like acquaintances.
Through the months, they made numerous visits to Japan for concerts and tours. But since those activities were short-term, it was done along with their original manager (to Jinki's relief).
However, after a break, they were told that they'd be releasing a Japanese album. The songs were recorded and the music video filming date was set.
However, one day during recording, the members sat in a row like usual, practicing their lines while waiting for their turn to record. Currently, Jinki was inside the studio. Often it took a few tries for the singers to perfect their lines. However, today, Jinki seemed to have his voice out of tune. Often during high notes, his voice broke. In the beginning, the members chuckled as it was normal for anyone. However, three tries turned to six which turned to eight. And the recorder and composer were getting irritated.
Finally, after yet another mistake, the composer lost it, "Yah! Is it that hard? You're a singer! You shouldn't be making this many mistakes!"
The members' heads sharply looked up to see their leader being scolded.
"And it isn't your Japanese! It's your voice!" he continued.

Minho's hands balled into fists. He wanted to tell that composer to shut up; Jinki had an amazing voice.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'll try again", Jinki apologized, bowing. All the members crosses their finger, hoping that the leader succeeded this time a around.
Their manager breathed a sigh of relief when the verse went well.
"Go practice your other parts while the others have a go", the composer muttered gruffly.
Jinki nodded as the composer called Minho's name.
As Jinki walked past him, he avoided eye contact and went straight outside.
Minho's curious eyes followed the manager, who followed the leader out the door.
After his rap, Jonghyun was called and Minho cautiously went outside to check on Jinki.
"I know you've started again", he heard the manager say, "You know it's bad for your health especially when you're a singer. You can't be this careless".
Confused, Minho listened.
"I understand hyung. But it's just because of stress", Jinki sighed seriously. The manager gave the boy a soft smile before ruffling his hair, "I understand. But I booked an appointment with a doctor to get you checked okay? Just finish today's recording".
To avoid being caught, Minho returned back inside to take a seat next to Kibum, still confused.
And sure enough, manager hyung sent Jinki off, saying the leader had an appointment.
"What kind of appointment?" Jonghyun asked, raising a brow.
"Don't worry bout it", Jinki smiled, "I'll join you guys in the Elle interview in the afternoon".
But a week later, the leader informed the members that he was getting a surgery in his throat.
"Why all of a sudden hyung?" Taemin asked, worried.
"My condition isn't well since I started smoking", Jinki explained.
Minho realized that this was what the manager was discussing previously. Jinki had begun smoking a few years back, after the issue in Japan had happened. The tall rapper silently listened.
"When is the surgery?" Kibum asked.
"In a week".
"Hyung! Don't we have performances in Japan scheduled?" Jonghyun asked.
"Uh yeah", Jinki said, "I won't be there. But I'll join you guys there as soon as the hospital lets me go".
The members nodded slowly. They felt bad for leaving the leader like that.
Minho felt terribly guilty; he should be with Jinki at a time like this... But he wasn't his boyfriend.
That's right. He was the one who called it off in the first place.
Nevertheless, Jinki nodded, "Well that's that. I'm going to go sleep".
After the leader's door closed shut, the members looked at Minho.
"Don't you think you should be with hyung?" Taemin demanded.
"I - Jinki isn't comfortable with me and besides, manager hyung won't let us both be absent from our concerts and performances", Minho replied before going to his own room.
"Ugh! Why is that frog so weird?" Kibum sighed, "This is such a frustrating couple!"

A week later....

The four boys were all waiting on standby for their performance but Minho's mind was on Jinki. He would be having his surgery soon.
Would he be alright?
Would he be stressing?
Would he be in too much pain?
Would he think of Minho?


"And now, a performance from SHINee!" the MC announced and they were up...

The boys were enthusiastic and thrilled to see their fans and they gave their absolute best.
By the time their concert was over, the boys were sweating in their costumes and exhausted. They happily bid farewell to their beloved fans, thanking them for attending the concert. The crowd had been great and filled with energy.

"Good job boys!" their manager grinned.
Following the next few days, the boys were continuing on their busy schedules and didn't get much sleep.
Jonghyun often texted Jinki and provided updates. Minho was grateful but he was also envious. He could detect lies easier than his gullible hyung.
Jonghyun would always say that Jinki was doing well and not in too much pain, but Minho couldn't help but think the exact opposite due to the leader's selflessness.

A week later, Jonghyun excitedly approached the members from his dressing room, "Hey! Jinki hyung is coming tomorrow! The hospital let him out!"
"Finally, that old man took long enough!" Kibum snorted although he had a small smile on his face.
"Manager hyung, can we go get him from the airport?" Taemin asked excitedly.
"I'm sorry, I don't think so. You guys are scheduled for an interview about half an hour after the plane lands. But Jinki will be heading here so you'll see him in the waiting room right after", the manager explained.
"So you're sending a car?" Minho asked.
"I'll probably go to pick him up and bring him here. I'll discuss the details with Mr. Moshumaru later", the manager explained.

The next, Minho was ecstatic to see Jinki again. It had only been over a week and he already felt very lonely. The boys arrived for the interview and began the 90 minute session. They remembered to be bright and funny for their beloved Japanese fans.

However, after the director ended the interview and thanked the boys, they also turned to see their manager.
"Weren't you supposed to pick up Jinki hyung?" Minho demanded.
"Don't worry, Mr. Moshumaru insisted on going; they should've been back by now though", the manager said thoughtfully.
Minho's eyes widened as he ran out the studio, everyone's confused eyes on the disappearing taller boy.
"What's up with that kid?" the manager mumbled, "So strange".
"Don't worry hyung", Jonghyun said, "I'll see what's up".
And with that, Jonghyun went after Minho.

Minho ran to the parking lot, still in his costume. But now, he couldn't care less; his eyes scanned the lot for the shiny black (insert expensive car brand).
And sure enough, it was there, with the lights turned off but as he sprinted there, he could clearly see people inside -- Jinki and Mr. Moshumaru to be exact.
The old man was leaning against the leader, practically on top of him while Jinki's eyes were closed shut. Minho could see the older boy had tears in his face and his teeth were biting his lips, drawing blood.
For a second, Minho froze at the sight before fury set in. Before he moved, a rock smashed the window of the expensive car. Minho turned around, as well has the two in the car, to see a furious dinosaur, Jonghyun. The window was cracked and Jonghyun walked past Minho, straight to Mr. Moshumaru's side of the window.
"Open the ing door!" he yelled angrily when he saw the disgusting man's hand under the rip in Jinki's jeans. Jinki's eyes fell on him and the main vocal easily spotted a red mark on the leader's cheek.
The door creaked open and Jonghyun grabbed the man and threw him on the ground. Meanwhile, Minho hurried to the traumatized leader's side, yanking the door open and catching the vulernable, crying boy.
"Shh, it's okay Jinki", Minho cooed, "I'm here, I'm right here".
"What the do you think you were doing?!" Jonghyun exclaimed in anger, glaring down at the older man.
"You can't do anything! If anything, you owe your success in Japan to me!" the shameless old man remarked. Jonghyun grit his teeth, "No. We owe it to our dedicated fans, our manager, our company, and our own hard work", Jonghyun said kicking the man before turning the Jinki. He took him from Minho's arms and embraced the shaking boy tightly.
"Are you alright hyung? I'm so sorry this happened!" he exclaimed.
After Jinki calmed down, they all returned to the waiting room where their manager was waiting for them.
Taemin, Kibum, and the manager had a confused, concerned look when they saw Jinki with red eyes and Jonghyun with an angry look.
As Jonghyun explained the entire situation, everyone's eyes bulged and they were speechless.
The manager swallowed slowly, "I think you all could use some time off right now. I'll send the car."
The boys nodded and the silence was extremely thick.
Finally, Taemin asked, "Hyung, are you alright?"
"Taemin, he can't talk", Jonghyun sighed, "He just had a surgery".
Kibum gave the leader a side hyung, "Hyung, you can trust us. We won't look at you differently. You're not weak in our eyes".
Minho scowled in his mind. Leave it to Kibum to give the best words at any emotional situation.
He felt selfish for being jealous at such a time but he really couldn't help it. The week away from Jinki made him realize how much he missed the leader.
Back at the hotel, Minho helped the leader to his room. The elder managed to text him that he'd take a shower.
He tried controlling himself when he saw the bruises on Jinki's wrists.
Minho nodded and smiled before leaving the room, overwhelmed by emotions.
The scene that afternoon kept running through his head: Jinki's frightened face. Jinki's teary eyes. That ba$tard's hands all over Jinki. He wanted to kill the man; he wanted the man to suffer.
But most of all, the rapper blamed himself for leaving Jinki's side when he needed him most. He never wanted to see Jinki's tears ever again.
"Yah Choi Minho". The tall boy turned to see Kibum.
"I don't know what happened between you two", Kibum said, "But if you love hyung, then get your $hit together. Haven't you noticed how he had deteriorated? He needs motivation and love. You of all people should know how fragile he his".
Minho took a deep breath before giving his friend a smile.
Minho went back inside and laid on the bed, waiting for the leader to come out. And when he did, Minho was mesmerized by his eyes, nose, mouth; everything. Jinki's blond hair was flat due to the water, making his hair look like a little yellow cap. The others always made fun of him, calling him a sea otter but Minho always thought it was absolutely adorable.
He wore a pair of capris and a grey shirt, giving the rapper a confused look.
"I wanna talk hyung", Minho said, "Sit down".
The elder nervously obeyed.
"Hyung, I'm sorry for leaving you at such critical times. I didn't stop loving you. I just didn't know how to handle the situation".
Minho looked up at the boy before him, as usual, holding a poker face.
He grabbed his phone and began texting. And a while later, Minho's own phone ran to signify a text.

It was from Jinki.
'Minho. It's alright. You don't have to feel guilty about this. I understand your decision. I haven't stopped loving you but I don't think I'm the right person for you'.

"Hyung! Of course you're the right person! I've never thought of anyone else! Why would you say that?" Minho demanded.

Jinki looked at Minho. To anyone else, the elder seemed like he held no particular expression but Minho spotted his glassy eyes. He learned his lesson and he wasn't going to let another tear leave Jinki's eyes.
He embraced the elder tightly, missing the feeling and Jinki's sweet, unique smell. He felt Jinki's hand softly his own brown hair.
"Please", Minho whispered, "Please don't shut me out! I'm not going to leave you alone like this. Not now, not ever."
Jinki pulled away and furiously began typing away.

Ding
'Minho, It's already humiliating how the others know about this. It's gross; dirty. Don't you get it? I'm gross! How could you still want me after this?!'

Minho couldn't believe what he read.
"No! You can never be dirty! That old ert is the gross one! And Kibum already said that none of us think differently. I'll never stop wanting you!" he exclaimed.

And to prove his point, he gently ran a hand on Jinki's bruises lip before placing a gentle kiss.
Jinki realized how much he missed the rapper's lips. He returned the kiss and hugged Minho.
"So fresh start?" Minho asked.
Jinki nodded slowly after hesitation.

Minho saw how Jinki was effected by what happened even though he tried to hide it. But he was prepared to help Jinki gain back his confidence and help him recover mentally and physically.
Why?

Because Lee Jinki was worth it.

 

..............................................................................................................................................

hey ppl hope u enjoyed this!!!