Nine

This One Thing

“No, please don’t tell me she’s dying! I just met her yesterday! We haven’t talked about anything yet!”

“You met her yesterday? But you didn’t say anything.” Jin shakes his head.

“That’s because I was too drunk!” He stares in panic at his ring, before running into the room and hiding under the covers. He lays there lifelessly.

“How was your study date Jungkook?” Jin asks.

“Me? Ah, it was fine.”

“Must be nice having a girlfriend.” Taehyung pouts and Hoseok nods and adds “but it’s okay you can just eat all the popcorn you want if you don’t have one.” And he walks over to the TV, where he enjoys his bowl.

Jungkook is awake texting Hayoung when Jimin suddenly jumps up. He turns on the lamp, and his mark is black. It’s stable, not changing any longer. He dials a number. It’s ringing and then someone picks up.

“Hello, Soojun…. Ah, no it’s kind of complicated my name is Park Jimin… Yes… WHAT?” He gets up so fast he hits his head on the bunk. “WHICH HOSPITAL IS IT?” He grabs a jacket and runs out of the room.

 

 

 

Jungkook is having lunch at Hayoung’s house, and half working on his project which may or may not be due in 2 hours.

“I thought you said you didn’t procrastinate at all!” She yells at him from the kitchen.

“Hayoung” He whines. “I’m almost finished… I mean I just need to do a whole other page.”

She shakes her head at her boyfriend who despite being energetic around her, is still half asleep.

“It’s not my fault we got back from Busan pretty late the other day.” He yawns, and she focuses on not burning their food.

“Oh yeah, speaking of that, what did you say happened with Jimin?” You ask, remembering he mentioned Jimin freaking out a couple of days ago.

“Oh that. Jiminie found his soulmate, but she got in a car accident a day later, she’s fine but she kept losing her consciousness while they were taking her to the hospital so his mark was going from white, gray and black for a few hours.”

“Wait, why does it change? Jun’s changes to grey in the morning and then black again later on. It’s really weird.”

“Noona, you didn’t pay attention in class did you?” She shoots him a look and he laughs it off. “The mark changes when the other person doesn’t feel physically alright.

“Then why didn’t mine change when you hurt your foot?” She stares at her hand for a second.

“I told you I was alright, you didn’t believe me.” She shakes her head and serves them both lunch, helps Jungkook finish his project, and then he gives her a tight hug before they head off in separate directions.

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since they’ve last seen Jaeun, when suddenly she enters the house, leather jacket, black ripped jeans, hair bleached blond with pink tips.

She types punches in the code, unlocks the door and you and Jun who were watching TV quietly are alarmed at her appearance. Jun’s phone rings, and he answers it, and to your surprise your parents let her comeback.

Jun comes back with a smile on his face and grabs her hand, which she fights to take back. You notice the mark, deep black on her finger.  “Sooo who’s Lee Seokwon?”

“He’s not anyone important!” She yells, half flustered. You’ve never seen anyone affect Jaeun in that way, teachers don’t scare her, and neither do parents or even police officers.

“Not so important eh? Is that why mom and dad are coming over Friday to meet his parents?”

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes, heads to her room where she grabs the headphones she left and walks right back out the door.

Jun is laughing and you’re glad since he hasn’t been happy for a while.

“Jun what do you mean by our parents meeting his parents?”

He grabs his bag of chips and continues to munch on them. “Exactly what I mean by that. Mom and dad are coming over Friday. It seems that this Lee Seokwon kid met Jaeun back in Changwon last week, and I think the brat has a thing for Jaeun, but she hates him and mom said something about throwing squid at his face.”

You can pretty much imagine the mess Jaeun must have made in Changwon, and you’re not sure what kind of kid this is, but there’s probably something about him, seeing her react like that to the mention of his name.

 

 

 

“Hmm, what did you say?”

“My parents are coming over for the weekend… I don’t know if you still want to come over to do homework or not…”

Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat. “Umm, noona… What if they don’t like me?” He hears Jun laugh at his comment.

“Yeah you’re on loudspeaker by the way, because I need my hands to glue these damn pieces for my model of a cell together.” Hayoung gives him a late warning.

“Jungkook, it can’t get worse than me. I’m dead when they come.” Jun says into the phone.

“What happened hyung?” Jungkook asks. The rest of the members in the van raise an eyebrow at his “hyung”, seeing Jungkook doesn’t care about speaking formally half the time.

“Oh you’re going to love this story.” Hayoung laughs and Jungkook smiles, her voice is the sweetest melody to his ears.

“Oh so it turns out my soulmate, my soulmate… I haven’t seen her since I went to club and we got drunk and I guess we slept with each other because she’s pregnant now….” Jungkook’s face almost goes completely white at Jun’s words.

“JUNGKOOK BREATHE I CAN’T HEAR YOU BREATHING!” Hayoung yells so loudly that Jin who’s next to Jungkook starts fanning him. “Oh and he’s not done it gets better.”

“So this girl, she isn’t just anyone you know… Just a Japanese girl… she doesn’t even live here… no big deal…” Jun laughs so loudly and Jungkook feels more at ease seeing that Jun himself is laughing at the situation.

“How did you find her?” He asks.

“Oh I just walked into a business meeting where she was the Japanese- Korean translator and then bam, everything came back to me when I saw her face. I’m dead, but I’m also going to be a dad.”

“You’re keeping the baby?”

“Why not, I mean if she’s my soulmate then everything will eventually work out.”

Hayoung laughs again. “Yeah, she’s really pretty she has super long hair, but she looks like she wants to kill Jun half the time.”

“So now you know kids, be safe.” Jun says before walking out the door. Jungkook’s face turns bright red, not having thought about that topic at all. At the other end he hears Hayoung yell at Jun in frustration.

“Like I said, it’s completely up to you if you want to come over, we could just meet at the library instead.”

“I’ll think about it, and I’ll call you back okay, we just got to the broadcasting station, so make sure to turn on your TV and watch me!”

“Have fun, I’ll be cheering for you!” She says and he hangs up. He wakes Suga up, and they get out of the van.

You turn on your TV and continue working on your model, happy at the thought of seeing your boyfriend on it in a couple of minutes.

The doorbell rings you answers it, letting Kami, Jun’s soulmate in. She brings in like 12 bags with her, all to make dinner for tonight.

She’s staying at a hotel now but she complained about not having a kitchen to cook what she wants so Jun let her come over.

“Hi there!” She says excitedly as she walks through the door.

“Whoa, you’re hungry.”

She makes a pout and looks down at her nonexistent belly. “It’s not me that’s hungry, I’m so tired of eating, and it’s all I do!”

You giggle at her cuteness and she gets to work chopping things up in the kitchen. You turn the volume up a bit on the TV.

“You still watch the celebrities sing and dance on the shows?” she asks from the kitchen.

“Ah, I only really like Beast, and I only really know a few of BTS’ songs because my boyfriend is in the band.”

“What? Your boyfriend?” She drops her stuff and comes and sits next to you on the sofa. “Oh, wait, so he’s your forever?” She asks with a glimpse at your hand.

They come on and you point him out, she teases you over the big smile that forms on your face, before you both go back to what you were doing.

But her words linger in your mind. Your forever. You like the sound of that.



ohhai

i updated ^^