Eight

This One Thing

“I’ve missed you so much! I’m so sorry that I haven’t been answering any of your calls or messages, but I missed you really…”

You suddenly get a message from Subin. It’s a link, you click it.

“So Hayoung do you want to-

“JUNGKOOK YOU HURT YOUR ANKLE?”

“Ah about that, it’s nothing big, it’s just a little swollen…” nervous laughter confirms your suspicions.

“Jungkook why didn’t you tell me?

“I didn’t want you to worry, its okay.”

You shake your head at him, but decide not to scold him any more for it, since he didn’t try to come see you that must mean he was trying not to move.

“Are you okay now?” You ask to his surprise.

“Yes. I can move.”

“Good. That’s all that matters.”

He’s still a bit shocked that you’re not mad at him. “But Hayoung, can I come over?”

“No, that involves too much moving.”

Suddenly your doorbell rings. No. You walk out into the house, and it appears no one else is home. You see through the screen, an excited looking Jungkook, and you run over to open the door.

“Hi there.” He gives you a peck on the lips, and walks past you, leaving you starring into the hall, surprised. He’s suddenly so bold.

You close the door and head after him, and he sits on the couch. “Noona I’m hungry.”

You shake your head. “You’re going to starve Jungkook.” You head to the kitchen to see what you can find.

“Hayoung can you make me some food?”

“Never.”

“Hayoung!” he whines and gives you his cute face.

You shake your head again as you heat up some noodles left over from yesterday. He turns on the TV and starts flipping through some channels.  You bring the food to him and sit down next to him and he eats.

You get cold so you get up to grab a blanket and you and Jungkook start watching a movie.

“I’m cold too…” he mumbles. You move a bit closer to him, to share the blanket and he holds your hand. You giggle in your head but keep a straight face. He makes jokes every 5 minutes, entertaining you more than the movie.

Jungkook isn’t too sure of what to do, but he knows he’s enjoying his time with you. Suddenly he feels your head resting on his shoulder. His heart beats ten time faster, but the he notices that you fell asleep. Was he boring you?

He moves your bangs away from your face, and it causes you to wake up.

You look around startled, and then realize Jungkook is next to you.  You watch the end of the movie together and when he gets up, you suddenly lose all the warmth radiating off of him. You jump up and hug him quickly, realizing that he’s warmer than you, and suddenly you feel embarrassed. “I’m cold. You’re warm.”

He laughs and turns around, wrapping you in his warm arms. “I’m cold too actually. It’s late though, I should probably go before the guys start to worry.” He gives you a kiss on the forehead and you sadly see him to the door, not wanting to let him leave but unable to do anything to make him stay.

You clean up everything in the living room and go to sleep.

 

 

 

You wake up to have breakfast, and only Jaeun is home. You’re eating as usual when Jun walks in, without a worry in the world.

“Young man where were you all night? Huh?” Jaeun asks, imitating the days where she gets home in the morning. The first day Jaeun showed up at around 2 in the afternoon you and Jun almost died of a heart attack and were deciding how to tell your parents Jaeun went missing but now it’s not even a concern.

“Shh. Agh.” He covers his ears and you assume he has a hangover. He sits down and has some of what you’re eating along with a gallon of water.

A loud squeal comes from Jaeun’s mouth and Jun rolls his eyes. “Would it kill you not to scream?”

“Mark!”

“Actually that’s Kiseop, I don’t see Got7 anywhere on this broadcast Jaeun.” You say.

She hits the table repeatedly, and points to Jun’s hand.

All of you turn the attention towards his hand and faster than you’ve ever seen a human move, he gets up and runs out the door. He comes back an hour later and he melts into the sofa. “I’m such an idiot!!!”

“What happened Jun?”

“I don’t know Hayoung. I don’t remember her name. I don’t remember her face. My head hurts! I’m such an idiot!” He motions for you to go away and you remember you have work anyways so you head out the door. It’s a pretty good day, and Jungkook meets you after work since you agreed to work on homework together. He’s walking much better now so you don’t scold him for it.

“Yeah it was strange… he has the mark on his finger but he has no idea who it’s from.”

“That’s so sad. I don’t know what I would do if I hadn’t found you.”

His words make you flustered and you quickly punch in the code, opening the door. You enter the house and the lights are off. You assume no one is home, and then grab your stuff, meeting Jungkook back at the table.

“What do you have to do?” You ask him.

“Just math, I already finished everything else.”

A pout appears on your face. “Lucky, I have to read a whole chapter for biology.” You bring out the big book, and a notebook to take notes. He takes out a calculator. You put on some soft music, knowing you can’t read without it.

He steals glances at you every so often, and then goes back to the math that is tormenting his brain. He sings softly along to some of the songs and the sweetness of his voice brings a smile to your lips. He smiles to himself after he catches you smiling, but he suddenly feels nervous. He’s sang in front of big audiences but never has he sung to someone who means something to him.

“Hayoung, can you help me?”

“What is it?”

“I’m stuck… I’m not sure…”

You get up and go around the table, explaining to him how to solve the problem. He takes the chance to absorb all of your features and he can’t find any flaws. “Did you get that?”

“Yeah I think I do.” He lies. He knew how to do the problem all along.

You go back to your seat, and he continues doing his math.

The light in the hall suddenly turns on.

“You were here the whole time?” You ask Jun, who got up for a glass of water.

He sits down with you guys at the table. “Yeah. Jaeun went out. I think she said something about P.O and glasses? I’m not sure. Oh, you guys were doing homework?”

“Yeah I hope you don’t mind me.” Jungkook says.

Jun ruffles Jungkook’s hair, “not at all.”

Suddenly Jun’s phone rings. “Yes. Ah yes, wait what?”

You and Jungkook both turn in surprise to look at Jun.

His eyes are closed out of irritation.

“Yes, I’ll be right there.”

“What’s wrong?”

“She really did it this time. Jung Jaeun is going back to Changwon.”

He shakes his head, and goes out, leaving you two home alone again.

“I’m sorry this normally doesn’t happen…” You say embarrassed.

“No it’s okay. If you want I’ll leave.”

You really don’t want Jungkook to leave, but you don’t want him to be there for when Jaeun gets back and world war 3 goes down.

You walk with him outside, and he gives you a hug before heading out onto the street. You watch him until he turns the corner and head back upstairs.

A few minutes later the doorbell rings. You open it and Jun is dragging Jaeun in.

“THIS BRAT! YOU’RE GOING BACK HOME!”

“Junnie, it’s not a big deal.”

“NOT A BIG DEAL??? You got into a fight with someone over P.O’s glasses? They don’t even work! They don’t have glass!” He throws them onto the floor.

“NO!” she screams! He goes into his room, grabs some money and a bottle of water. “WE’RE GOING. Now.” He grabs the car keys, and you follow him as he drags Jaeun into the car. She cries, holding the glasses in her arms. He parks the car and you all get out.

“UNNIE PLEASE SAVE ME! I’LL COOK FOR A WHOLE WEEK! PLEASE!” You shake your head, and hand her the bottle of water. “It’s going to be a long ride.”

You silently wait with Jun on the platform, and when the train arrives he makes sure Jaeun stays on until the train departs. You can tell she’s crying and Jun shakes his head, sighing. “I didn’t want to do it but I had warned her that if she caused trouble again she was gone.”

“It’s for her own good Jun.” You pat his back and drive home. You call your parents, and they don’t yell at you, but you’re pretty sure Jaeun is going to get it.

 

 

Jimin is crying like crazy as Jungkook walks in through the door. He was happy to have gotten to see Hayoung, but Jimin upset really throws him off.

He whispers to Suga quietly, and his hyung shrugs, he has no idea what’s wrong.

It isn’t until Jimin stops for a second and stares at his hand that Jungkook understands what wrong, but he’s still confused.

There’s a mark on Jimin’s finger, but it’s not solid black. It’s white, and then it’s grey, and then it’s black. The black weakens and it goes back to gray and white.

 

 

Hayoung and Jun have a peaceful dinner, missing Jaeun a bit.

“Hey can I see your hand?” Jun asks.

He looks at her mark a solid black. Then he looks at his, which is gray.

“But wasn’t it black this morning?” You find yourself asking.

“Yeah, I swear it was. But whatever. I messed up so I wouldn’t be surprised as to why it’s gray. I’m pretty much a None. I don’t remember the name. I don’t remember the face.”

 

 

 

Jungkook compares his hand to Jimin’s and his solid black mark gives Jimin the chills. Why is Jungkook’s mark black, but his keeps changing colors? Jungkook suddenly gets chills remembering why marks change color.

“Jimin, is your soulmate dying?”



Ah poor Jiminie~ D: I hope she's okay ^^ i'm sorry for taking so long, but here you go my lovelies<3

I'll try to update again when i can~