Seven

This One Thing

Jungkook slowly puts down the phone, after hanging up.

“What did she say no?”

“Do we have to hunt her down?”

“Kookie are you okay?”

“Wait. I know that look.” Namjoon says, and they all look at him. A smile slowly creeps onto his face and he raises his eyebrows. “She said yes didn’t she?”

Jungkook nods slowly, and Jimin spits out his drink.

“JIMIN ARE YOU SERIOUS! I JUST MOPPED!” Jin yells, Hoseok and Taehyung dying at his reaction.

Suga pats the seat next to him and Jungkook sits.

“She actually said yes. Oh.”

 

 

 

 

You wake up the next morning, coffee sweetly waking you up. You work the morning shift, and get home just as the sun is about to set. Both Jaeun and Jun are home, surprisingly. You rush into your room and practically tear your closet apart.

You’re looking for something cute, yet casual. Not too cute, because then it would look like you’re trying too hard. You settle for a soft white and pink tunic, some black leggings and white flats. You curl your hair and put it into a ponytail, leaving your bangs out. You cover your eyelids in a soft pink eyeshadow.

You take a good look at yourself in the mirror and giggle. You hear the doorbell ring and you take a deep breath before heading our into the living room where Jaeun is taking a photo with Jungkook.

“What’s up Jungkook?” Jun asks.

“Umm, nothing. I mean, hyung, if I can call you that, I’ve come to take Hayoung out on a date.”

Jun laughs. “Okay, no need to be so serious. Our parents aren’t here otherwise you would need to be this polite.”

“Oh yes they almost sent my first boyfriend to China.” Jaeun says.

“China?” Jungkook gulps.

“Jaeun had a super rude country boyfriend back when we lived in Changwon. He literally has just moved from the farm to Changwon… Dad wanted to get rid of him the second he walked into the house….” Jun shakes his head.

“He was really disrespectful, but he was so handsome!” Jaeun sighs.

You can’t help but laugh at that memory.  Jungkook looks at you and he almost gasps, but he covers his mouth.

Jun and Jaeun both burst out laughing. Jun whispers something in Jungkook’s ear before you move to the door.

“Are we going?”

“Yes!” Jungkook comes over and you say your good byes.

Once you’re walking outside alone he laughs.

“What is it?” You’re suddenly self conscious.

“Nothing, just that you’re so pretty and quiet, usually you’re yelling at me about something.” He turns, and then catches the sight of the bracelet on your hand. “You’re actually wearing it! Whoa.” You laugh and you both continue walking, until you get the train. A bunch of people get on, and suddenly he takes your hand. It completely catches you off guard. He pulls you through the crowd as you fight your way out.

Like he said, you end up at an ice cream shop, and it’s pretty much empty. The only other people at this place are couples. You get strawberry and he picks chocolate. He actually eats really cutely. You giggle at his habit.

“What is it?”

“Nothing, you look like you’re really enjoying it.”

“Ah…” He scratches the back of his head. “I haven’t had ice cream in...” he starts counting on his fingers. “Like a year and a half? I’m on a diet.”

“Oh… I’m sorry. Is that hard?”

“No, not really. It’s only when we pass by certain places where I smell something or I see someone eating something really delicious. But it’s completely worth it, it’s all worth it.”

“Hey Jungkook… can I ask you something?” He nods eagerly, and then slowly takes the spoon out of his mouth. “I’ve pushed you away so many times, so many days since we met… why is it that you haven’t given up?”

He smiles to himself and stares at the ice cream.

“Noona, you’re my soulmate. You can’t tell me you don’t feel it.” His hand makes its way to rest over yours. He looks up to meet your eyes, and he smiles. “I’m not sure why you keep pushing me away, but there must be a reason.”

You’re not sure yourself, but your do feel a static in his touch.

“Jungkook…” You say uneasily.

“Yes?”

“Ah. It’s nothing.” You assure him. “Tell me more about yourself.”

He looks at you again, a bit worried, and begins talking about himself. He tells you how he grew up in Busan and how he trains and goes to school and about his favorite songs, he tells you about his favorite food. He tells you about everything.

He asks you to speak about yourself too, so you tell him how you grew up in Changwon and your parents let you come live with Jun. You tell him how you’re not sure about what to study yet, but you do enjoy science. He calls you a nerd.

You’ve been aimlessly walking around Seoul for hours.

He’s walking you home when he gets really quiet.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Me???” His eyes get big. You nod. “I’m kind of wondering if I’m coming off way to strong and if that’s bothering you. Or I mean, you probably expected an oppa and here I am, younger than you and you probably didn’t expect someone famous especially not someone like me and-

He stops his rambling when he hears you laughing. “Hayoung!”

You start walking again and he stares at you for a second before going after you.

You look back at him over your shoulder. “I don’t think you’re coming off as too strong. If anything that’s what makes you so attractive.”

You stop right there, unable to comprehend why those words came out of your mouth. Its okay, it’s probably because you’ve had such a good time that you’re saying stupid things now.

“What was that?” He gulps, before walking over to look at you. You feel your face light up, and you can’t stand it.

You take a step back, feeling him so close to you, you suddenly forget how to breathe. “Nothing Jungkook just-

“No Hayoung I think that-

He takes a step towards you.

“No really!” You take another step back.

“Hayoung.”

“Really it’s nothing I-

You stop, and realize you’ve walked backwards into a brick wall.

He has a look of confusion, worry, and hope all on his face. His eyes lock onto yours as he comes, and sweetly places his lips onto yours. He pulls away, looking down and to the side, you guess a bit embarrassed. He can’t believe he just did that.

Your fingers get a hold of his, and his eyes are glued to yours again.

You tug at the hand you’re holding, and he looks down at it, then at you again. He raises an eyebrow, and you nod, as his face slowly comes closer to yours. Your lips meet again, and this time you kiss him back, slowly, until you both lose your breath.

He hugs you feel his heart beating as fast as yours.

Eventually you start walking again and he’s making jokes about the night sky and how he would bring the stars down for you if you asked.

You make it to your house, and he hugs you once more.

“I had a lot of fun tonight, thank you for going out with me.”

“I had a lot of fun too Jungkook.”

He backs off, and he suddenly gets really shy, he scratches the back of his head. “I don’t know if I’m crazy for asking this, or if it’s plain stupid or-

You poke his stomach. “Oww, what was that for?”

“You’re rambling again.”

“Oh well… Umm. Hayoung, will you be my girlfriend?”

“No.”

“What??? But I tried so hard and you just-

You shut him up with a peck on the lips. He gives you a pout and you hug him.

“You big baby. Of course I’ll be your girlfriend.”

 

 

 

But it’s been a week, and you haven’t heard anything from Jungkook yet.

He hasn’t called you. He hasn’t texted you. Not that you miss him. Okay, well yes you do. You’re his girlfriend now and even if it is nice to have a little time for yourself, you’re not so sure if this is how relationships are supposed to go.

As if on cue your phone starts to vibrate.

“Hello? Jungkook? Why haven’t you called? You haven’t answered my text messages either. Is something wrong?”

“Actually Hayoung, I have something to tell you.”



IM SORRRY SUBBIES D: I HAVE FAILED THEE MY PRECIOUS~

hahahahaha if you want to know why i haven't updated it's because i got a new job and school just got X10 harder and my life is up in flames :DD

but hey hey hey jungkook and hayoung finally went on a date :D what could possibly go wrong >:D