The Great Full Moon

"Mr. Moustache's Last Time Falling Inlove"

chapter 1

"The Great Full Moon"

 

"Tell me, Mr. Moustache..

If for example we had been a couple,

Would a hug have been enough to wash away sadness?

Or then.. does every single being carry loneliness, like it's a burden?

Even now..

I keep calling your name..

Despite the pain.. I will keep doing that until you answer me."

 

 

 


 

I did a lot of thinking before I went to sleep.

             Before I went to sleep, I played scenes in my head. Sometimes, I would catch myself humming to a song or even practicing the things I want to say for tomorrow. I had endless "What Ifs".

             "What if I lose my chest hair tomorrow?"

             "What if Cheon Doong found out about the Pigeon Folder's new password?"

"What if my voice cracks tomorrow?"

              I would ask myself all of this questions and think really hard for the right answers for my beyond the bounds of possibility questions. I made plans for the next day. I made the shopping list for the next day. I would think of people.. I would think of all the people that I miss, especially my little nephews, Wan and Yoon. I would ask myself a lot of questions. From factual.. To fictitious ones. Then.. I would go to sleep.

*bam*bam*bam*

              I heard a loud pounding on my door, probably from a muscled fist. Unwillingly, I opened my tired eyes, slowly, got out of my bed and walked my way to the door. I took a hold of the doorknob, the cold steel made me shiver a little. I hesitate to open it resulting to another series of knocking echoeing at my room. Followed by faint, whispered curses I could clearly hear from behind the door. I chuckled a little. The impatient babo with muscles threw a couple more kicks on my door.

"Why won't he open the door?" Joon mumbled.

I returned the kick, louder this time. "What is it, Lee Chang Sun?!" I asked with a tone of annoyance.

             "Ssh.. Hyung! Stop kicking the door."

             But that didn't stop me from making the noise. Why would I obey my dongsaeng, someone younger than me?

             "Shh.. Cheon Doong and Mireu will wake up! Aish, G.O hyung! YAH!"

             "Don't "Aish" and "Yah!" me! I'm still your hyung!" I'm more than one hundred days older than Joon. What is this babo thinking? I'm having my peaceful night sleep, he disturbed me and woke me up.

             "I-I said "I see" not "Aish". Hey, G.O h-hyung!" he stuttered a little. This guy would always stutters when he's caught off guard. By the way, when did "Aish" became "I see"?

             I turned my back at the door and faced the glass windows. Outside, the dark nightsky carried a perfect spherical-shaped Full Moon with a shade of grayish white. Eventhough with sleepy eyes, I saw how beautiful this night's Full Moon is. I rubbed my eyes and admired it more. Then I noticed something strange, the nightsky was starless and it was darker than the usual. Suddenly, I remembered what Halmuneeh would often say at nights like this. She would tell me and my two older noona to catch the rise of the Full Moon and make a wish. Seonnyeo leaves their home and flies at the starless nightsky accompanying the lonely Moon. They would listen to human's wishes and if they got fond of you they might grant your wish.

"Almighty G.O Hyung." clearly emphasizing the last word. "Leader-ssi's already waiting in his car. Let's go now!"

Go to where?

At this time?

              I opened the door just a little for Joon's hands to get into then in a split of seconds he successfully barged in and ploped on my bed like a child. I looked up at my wall clock. 11:30 pm. Then, to Joon hugging my pillows with a 3-year old smile on his face. To the wall clock again. 11:30 pm. Then to Joon again, rolling on my bed like a corndog. I stiffled a laugh and asked him. "J-Joon-ah, where are we going?"

              "Clubbing." he answered, closing his eyes and dreaming about the cheers and entertaintment at the club, the wild drinks, the smell of party and the girls flirting all over our Lee Joon.

I also dreamt. I dreamt about how soft and warm my bed is. I want to sleep. More than anything else.

"I pass." I yawned infront of him and declined.

 

 

"Tss."

             My eyebrows knit as I took my third shot of Black Russian, the tasty vodka and coffee liquor concoction got straight to the punch. I peeked at my side, Seung Ho's wolfing a whole plate of spicy buffalo wings and at his left a pile of great seafood tacos.

Oh.

             Is this is why the Leader joined Joon's breaking J.Tune Camp rules? *Shikshin Seung Ho, what will we do if the Bear Manager finds we're all out? Aren't the Leader afraid of his bear-roar scoldings?

"Joon knows a lot of good places." the Leader told me in between munching his food.

             My eyes roamed at the whole club, searching for Joon. Then, I saw girls surrounding someone tall and muscular— that is our Lovely Lee Joon for sure. A guy tapped Joon from the back and the both of them eyed someone infront. Unconsciously, I found my eyes following their stare—they're staring at a girl with long blonde hair.

Joon elbowed the guy, that I supposed was his friend. "Keep calm and fake a Brittish accent."

Aigoo.

Babo Lee Joon.

             "Can I sit here?" I turned around my bar stool and saw this young girl, wearing makeup and smelling like tequilla. She sat beside me. I chatted with her a little while she flirted with me a little. Every drop of word that spilled from my lips was being sipped until she's drunk on my perfumed and intoxicating conversation. Her eyes danced nervously as I stared at her with a half-smile and a raised eyebrow smirked.

"Do you always go with Joon Oppa here?"

"Aneeyo. Tonight, he sort of drag me here." I chuckled. "He told me to drive the car in case Seung Ho-goon gets drunk again."

             She started searching the dark floor of the club for some time out from my gaze and for a next clever thing to tell me just to hear my soft laugh. Before, I was an easy-going, playful and lighthearted guy. If I was the me then, this attractive girl with a figure every girl's jealous of and every man dreams of will surely be mine. Then what number will she be? Is it my twentieth already? Oh, no it's not 20. *chuckles* She will be my twenty-first girlfriend then. But, I won't dare flirt anymore. Does this make me a serious man now?

"Come on, chingu! This isn't like you!" Joon yelled at his friend behind, startling me.

             I bowed at the girl beside me and walks my way to Joon. I could hear her low grumbles of dissapointment. I didn't dare look at her 'cause I know she doesn't want me to leave her.

            Joon grabbed his friend's shoulder. "If you are a man, this is where you make your daring attack. With girls, you've got to use a little muscle. Come on strong, push her right over and it's your game!"

I hit this Fool with Muscles at his back. "You, Beast! That's what gets you turned down everytime!"

"G-G.O hyung! That hurts, you know!!" he seemed pleading and hurt.

"Eww~ No need to act cute!" I fake-puked. I turned to his friend. "Take a more gentlemanly approach. Don't listen to this babo, arasso?"

 

 

I went outside the club to take a breather.

             The smell of smoke and alcohol mixed with the loud music was giving me a headache. I lean on the wall and I found myself staring at the nightsky. The beautiful Full Moon is still lonely, it really is starless this night.

Hm?

Whose that singing?

산토끼 토끼야 어디를 가느냐

"Santoki, toki-yah; Uh-dee-reul gah-neu-nyah?

[Mountain Bunny, Bunny; Where are you going?]

깡충깡충 뛰면서

Kangchoong, kangchoong tee-myun-suh..

[Bouncing, bouncing as you're running.]

어디를 가느냐

Uh-dee-reul gah-neu-nyah?

[Where are you going?]"

             A girl wearing a white knee-high dress with shining long black hair, thin and looking fragile. As she took steps on the stairs going at the club, she sang this lullaby. She had a sweet voice for such a childish song and a smile on her face. It's a smile like Mir's— the one that's like there is no tommorow.

            "Little Miss, you can't go in." the huge Bouncer stopped her. He's almost the same size as Bear Manager but this one looked more scary and his bald head shined under the club lights. "Let me see your I.D."

"I.D.?"

He lowered his black shades. "Yeah. Are you 21? You look more like a highschooler. How old are you?"

             "I am one thousand years old." she flat out stated. I stifled a laugh. This girl looked innocent, never thought she's crazy. "Master Humpty Dumpty, let me go inside. Jebalyo~"

             I faced the wall and hid my laughters. What did she just call him? *laughs* That Bouncer really does looked like an egg. When I turned around, the girl's exiting the club, pouting as she walked back at the streets.

*bump*

She accidentally bumped some gangster-looking group of guys from the club.

"Watch it will ya?!" the one with a cigaratte yelled and pushed her and she fell on the ground

              Yah! Humpty Dumpty bouncer, you shouldn't just stand there! Didn't you see the aggressive behavior? You got employed to provide security. I was on my way to help her, but then I stopped as she stood up and smoothen her crumpled dress. She did look fine. G.O, I guess.. no need to be the knight in shining armor today. The gangsters were finally retreating quietly but then this babo stopped one of them. "Pardon me, Sir Gangster. Your trousers are descending."

I face-palmed. Stupid girl. Why does she always say the silliest of things?

He glared at her evilly. The drunk ahjussi aka Sir Gangster. Just as his hands will slap her, I made it in time. I saved her.

But.

I'm the one who got slapped on the cheeks.

My beautiful cheeks.

Wounded and bleeding..

The cheeks that got me a Chapstick© CF. My cheeks I took good care every single day. I don't even let one single mosquito touch it.

"Gwenchana, Mr. Moustache? Gwenchana?" she asked me.

             "What moustache?" I touched my face. Is it time to shave again? I felt her soft hands touched my red cheek. I stepped back, surprised by the sudden skinship.

"Mr. Moustache, does is still hurt?"

"Yeah. It hurts like hell—"

             I touched my face. It doesn't hurt anymore. The swollen bump's gone like magic. Not even a drop of blood is there. This girl just touched it then the wound was gone. I stared at her for a good long time and she did the same with me.

             I saw her eyes. It was the color of the moon and it was beautiful. Actually, she's beautiful. Innocent and childlike. Her lips had an attractive shade of red, her skin as white as snow falling on top of her shoulders, her body looked fragile like a porcelein doll you'd been too scared too play with because it might break on your hands. I flinched on her touch. But not because I was scared she'll break like a doll, or was embarrased infront of a cute girl, I don't know why . . . it was a new feeling I felt.

             The huge Bouncer finally came to the rescue and sent off the trouble makers who punched my face. The Manager of the club went and said his apologies. He bowed at me a lot of times and it was embarassing. 

"Jung Byung Hee-ssi, the Management is terribly sorry."

"I know. I didn't have any injuries so its okay."

"G.O-yah!!!!" Seung Ho came running towards me. "What happened?" I took a closer look and he was dragging Joon behind him.

"Nothing serious, really. Just this girl is—"

I looked behind, surprised that she's gone. Where is she?

             "We'll keep everything that had happened private. The Club will make sure nothing goes out to the press." the Manager assured Seung Ho. "Perfect. Well then, let's go. Joon-ah, G.O-yah, Kaja! Let's hurry and go home."

 

 

              I did a lot of thinking before I go to sleep. Before I went to sleep, I played scenes in my head. "Gwenchana, Mr. Moustache? Gwenchana?" she asked me."What moustache?" I touched my face.

Sometimes, I will catch myself humming a song.

Santoki, toki-yah; Uh-dee-reul gah-neu-nyah?

Kangchoong, kangchoong tee-myun-suh..

Uh-dee-reul gah-neu-nyah?

Usually, I'll be practicing the things I want to say tomorrow.

"Joon-ah. Don't ever include me in breaking J.Tune Camp rules. Look what happened yesterday? I almost got into a bar fight!"

I had a lot of "What ifs".

"What if that girl bump into trouble again?"

"What if she has healing powers?"

"But, what if my eyes just fooled me?"

I made plans for the next day. What will I do tomorrow? I have free sched at the afternoon.. I want to find her? Gahhhh! Where did that came from? Why do I want to find her?

I would think of people.. a lot of people.. But this night is an exemption,  I think about only her.

Just her.

I would ask myself a lot of questions.

Why is she the only one on my mind?

From factual..

To fictitious ones.

"What she did.. is that magic or did just my eyes fooled me?"

              I would ask myself all of this questions and think really hard for the right answers for my beyond the bounds of possibility questions. I lie with my back on my bed and stared at the white ceiling. By this hour, I should be soundly asleep. But, no I'm not. I can't. My head was full of questions. Damn. That Ssantoki song's was even giving me a Last Song Syndrome. I lie on my bed and let that girl's image float in my head. The way her moon-colored eyes stared at me, her soft hands my face, and her sweet voice echoing inside me. And, how stupid she was! Getting me involved in a fight! The next time I see her, I'll scold her. She's clearly a minor but wanted to go inside the club. It was so late at night, her parents was certainly worrying about her. Didn't she think of that?

When will I see her again?

 

 


reikax3 blabbers.

 hello there readers and A plussss~~~ g.orgeousesss~~

          thanks for reading the 1st chappie. after the longest time I've published it. lols.

          btw. That girl 's song that gave G.O an LSS last song syndrome is called Ssantoki Song aka Jack Rabbit Song.

          here's a link for the song. clickie☺  it's a song virtually every Korean knows. [i guess..] 

*Shikshin - God of Food

          

         

 

          please subscribe. click that subscribe button.

          and leave me comments. add me as a friend too.