Chapter 8

Supernatural High

So...general apologies I guess. Sorry if you wanted a more dramatic reaction from you/Kiyeon

 

This chapter has a PG-13 moment at the end and talk about . Next chapter will probably be rated M.


Kai’s POV

“…”

I waited anxiously for Kiyeon’s response while the rest of the pack watched in awkward silence. I was just waiting for her to run for the hills.

“…So, you’re a werewolf?”

What? She was just accepting it right away?

“Uh…yeah”

“Ok” She turned to the others, “Should we take him to the hospital?”

“He’s not crazy.”

“We’re all wolves.”

“You cannot expect me to believe that!”

“We’ll prove it. Who wants to shift?” Suho asked.

“Ooh! Let me! I haven’t in so long. I’m itching to do it!” If Chen had his tail it’d be wagging a mile a minute.

“Fine but we have to stay inside since we’re still in the city.”

Kiyeon looked incredulously at Chen’s pouting and agreement.

“Tao, go get him new clothes, I don’t think Kai wants him stripping down in front of Kiyeon.”

Tao scurried off to follow Kris’s instructions. The two leaders started discussing logistics.

“There isn’t enough room in here?”

“The practice room?”

“Are you kidding? He’ll scratch the hardwood to hell.”

I took Kiyeon’s hand and looked at her pleadingly while the others began moving furniture.

“Kiyeon, I promise I’m not crazy. Once you believe me a lot of things are going to make more sense too.” She looked torn between staying and bolting out the door. “If you don’t believe me after our proof we’ll all go to the hospital or mental institute or wherever you want to take us. I just need you to trust me.”

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

“I trust you.”

“We ready?” Chen was practically vibrating in place.

He’d always liked being in wolf form the most. Unlike everyone else, Chen wasn’t born a wolf. He was bitten. While our wolf sides were familiar and had been with us our entire lives, Chen’s was new and exciting, even several years later. He enjoyed the stronger, more powerful sensation accompanying the wolf that the rest of us were now used to.

“Yeah”

Kiyeon watched expectantly, waiting for Chen to do something. He closed his eyes and focused. He began to shake almost unnoticeably. The air was filled with the tingly static feeling we all got when a member of our pack was shifting.

In an explosion of clothing shreds, he shifted. I watched Kiyeon’s shell shocked face as she laid eyes on the large russet colored wolf standing in the middle of the living room.

“Ch-chen?”

He ceased his what could only be called prancing he was doing around Baekhyun in the center of the room and smiled at her.

“So…you can all do that?”

“Yes.”

“…Wow…this is a lot to process. Is there anything else I should know?” She was taking it much more calmly than expected.

“…” I muttered.

“What?”

“…you’re my mate.”

“I’m your what?”

“You see Kiyeon,” D.O. intervened, “every wolf has a mate. Evolutionarily, it is to make sure the species continues on. But it’s also an extremely strong emotional bond. Sehun and Luhan are mated.”

“Once you find your mate, you will do literally anything to protect them and make them happy.” Sehun pulled Luhan closer to him. “We were born to be together.”

“Cuz you’re my destiny! Ooh ooh ooh” Baekhyun started singing to himself but stopped when D.O. glared at him.

Kiyeon was obviously getting overwhelmed.

“Kiyeon” Suho called her attention, “Kai is completely devoted to you. He could never do anything to hurt you. He will be dedicated and loving and, even if you decided you didn’t want to be together, even though it would kill him inside, he would have to respect the decision and would still protect you forever. Finding your mate is the most self-completing and blissful event in a wolf’s life.” He explained forlornly. “Only three of us have been so lucky.

“Don’t you feel the connection, Kiyeonnie? Not only with Kai, but with the pack? Do you feel differently with us?”

“I…” I braced myself for rejection, “I do.”

I did a double take.

“I believe you. You’re a wolf. I’m your mate.”

I grabbed Kiyeon and spun her around the room in extreme excitement.

“Oh god! Put me down!” She giggled.

The other members exited the room to give us privacy. We finally crashed onto one of the couches where I smothered her face in light kisses.

“Kai! Stop!” She laughed, “Yah!”

“What?”

 “So what exactly does being mated mean?”

I was so overjoyed that Kiyeon accepted me as a mate. She didn’t run away even though she had no prior knowledge of our world. I forgot that she wouldn’t know the dynamics and nuances of having a mate.

“Well we will be bound to each other for life. You’ll also be bound to the rest of the pack.” I started.

“Bound?”

“It doesn’t mean much on your end. You’ll just feel strong emotional ties to the group, mostly me, and we’ll provide a sense of comfort and safety. For us though, you are something to be protected. If something were to happen to me the pack would step in to defend you. You’re like an honorary member even though you aren’t a wolf. None of us will ever be able to purposely do something that would hurt you in any way. You and I are basically wolf married. Till death do us part and all that greasy crap.”

“What do you mean ‘will be’? Aren’t we already mates?” She asked after processing everything.

“Not exactly. You are my intended mate but to be mated I have to…um…claim and mark you.”

Mark?”

“It isn’t as bad as it sounds!” I assured her, “Have you noticed the dark spot Luhan has at the base of his neck near his collarbone?”

She thought for a moment and nodded.

“Right, that’s Sehun’s mark. It’s permanent and tells others that you are mine. We’re kind of possessive.”

“I’m yours as in I belong to you?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I know it sounds kind of…demeaning but it isn’t like that. For wolves there is a dominant and a submissive, not in the 50 Shades of Grey way, and the dominant claims their submissive so other dominant wolves know that they are claimed and to stay away but you aren’t property…at least not in our pack. Things haven’t been like that in decades but there are a few packs out there that still treat submissives like . But look at Luhan! He’s happy and treated well and he can kick Sehun’s if he wanted to. It’s a way of showing that you are under my, and the pack’s, protection.”

“Hmm, fine as long as you and the others acknowledge that I am not property because that’s extremely antiquated and ridiculous.”

“Of course! Just look at the way everyone treats Luhan! We probably treat Sehun more like that since he’s the maknae.”

“So…how does this work? You just bite me?”

“For the actual marking, yes I just have to bite you but the claiming…um…usually involves …” I chuckled nervously after struggling to get that out. Kiyeon and had only been dating for a few months. We’d barely made it to making out and that happened today!

“We can wait as long as you want!” I promised, “We uh don’t have to do it now.”

Oh my TVXQ was this awkward!

“Well…I mean, we’re supposed to be together for the rest of our lives anyway right?” She blushed and looked at the floor.

Wait what?

“Are you…serious?” I tried to keep my hopefulness out of my voice so as not to pressure her.

“Yes.” She said confidently.

I took her hand and practically dragged her up to my room again. D.O. was sitting on his bed watching a movie. He looked up, sighed, and left calling for Suho to clear the others out of the house. Before leaving he warned me of my potential inability to have pups if he came back and the room was a mess. I promised to clean up and promptly locked him out of the room.

Kiyeon was sitting nervously on my bed. I kissed her cheek as I joined her.

“I love you.”

It slipped out. I did NOT mean to say that! Not that it wasn’t true but it was really soon especially for a human. I’d loved her from the first second I smelled her but for someone who was not a wolf it would seem too soon. She didn’t have the same physiological drive pushing her towards me as I had for her.

“I…”

“You don’t have to say it back. I know we’ve only been dating for a short time. I just…it’s a wolf thing.”

She didn’t say anything. She just kissed me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

There was a knocking at the door.

I growled and got up to open the door just a crack.

“What?” I snarled at my leader.

He handed me small box.

“We don’t have the time or space for pups.” And he was gone.

I looked down at the thing he’d handed me. Condoms.

Awkward.


So awkward Kai will be gone soon. I personally think Kai would be a freaking beast in bed judging by his face, body, and control over his hips...

I think for Suho's mate I might go with Eunji because these pictures crack me up: