Chapter 2

I Can't Have You

 

“Gosh seriously? Even when he’s going home?” Hye Ri asked as she spotted the two by the wall while peeking at the school gates, where Changjo was. The two turned around and shushed Hye Ri for being so noisy since they didn’t want to get caught peeking.

“You two love struck idiots are seriously obsessed.” Hye Ri commented as she rolled her eyes.

“Obsessed with what?” Choa suddenly popped out of nowhere.

“You know, the guy named-” Before Hye Ri could even finish her sentence Mi Yoon already covered .

“Who?” Choa asked, curious as to which guy they were talking about.

“It’s no one really. We just find him cute that’s all.” Mi Yoon quickly said.

“Oh I see..” Choa didn’t ask anymore since Mi Yoon seemed like she didn’t want to tell her who this guy is so she just changed the subject.

“By the way, I was just going to ask if we’re going to you know, walk home together?” She smiled.

“About that. I still have something to do in school so.. you can go ahead if you want.” Mi Yoon told her. Choa nodded and told them that she’ll leave first since she still got a lot of things to do at home.

“She doesn’t know?!?” Hye Ri exclaimed as soon as Choa left.

Ah Young nodded her head since she didn’t know what to say anymore.

“Well, when are you guys planning on telling her?” She asked.

Mi Yoon looked at Ah Young, who just shrugged leaving it to her to answer. “We’re not going to tell her cause the thing is I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t? It’s not a crime to like the same person.”

“You don’t get it Hye Ri. She’ll get mad at me when she finds out that I actually like him. Well, she’ll be okay with it if Ah Young tells her about her crush but me, she won’t because she is basically the reason why I’m crushing over him right now.” Mi Yoon told her.

“What do you mean?” Hye Ri asked, her eyebrows furrowed as she didn’t get what Mi Yoon was talking about.

 

Choa and Mi Yoon were walking arm in arm to the field with the rest of their classmates. It was field day, and their class was up against the other class, class 2-2. Mi Yoon grabbed her umbrella from her bag and gave it to Choa with a smile, “You’re allergic to the sun right?”

Choa smiled thankfully at her friend and opened the umbrella for them to share.

“I don’t really understand why we need to go up against the other class, when the winner is almost decided. I mean, just look at their guys, they look fit and most of them look like athletes.” Mi Yoon commented as she pointed towards the other class.

“But we shouldn’t think negatively! We can do this!” Choa cheered.

They went towards the benches and sat down as their other classmates got ready for the first game, which was 70m race for the boys.

“Like it isn’t obvious who would win..” Mi Yoon grumbled as she grabbed her mini fan from her backpack and shared it with Choa.

“I know right? I mean, look at our team, skinny and muscle free guys.” Choa sighed.

“What are you guys talking about?” A girl on tight ponytail asked with a cute smile and sat next to them.

“Oh, you know, we were just talking about how our class would lose to the other class, again, for the third time.” Mi Yoon boringly stated.

“But hey, we got you and Ah Young’s not a bad runner, maybe we can turn the tables this time around.” Choa said positively.

The first batch of boys went in line and got ready to run, three boys were from their class and the other three were from the other class.

“Wake me up when this entire day ends.” Mi Yoon said and lied down on the bench. She placed her head on Choa’s lap and placed her hand over her eyes in order to block the sun.

“Hey, I have something to tell you.” Choa whispered.

Mi Yoon opened her eyes and raised an eyebrow at Choa, wondering what she might want to tell her.

“You see that guy over there? What do you think of him?” Choa asked as she pointed over where the guy was and quickly put down her hand when she saw Mi Yoon looked to where she pointed, scared that the guy might see her pointing at him.

“Which guy?” Mi Yoon asked, her eyes still searching for the guy.

“The guy with the blue cap and white shirt, the one from the other class.” Choa whispered.

“Oh that guy. What’s up with him?” Mi Yoon asked as she stared at the guy for a moment.

“What do you think of him?” Choa asked excitedly.

“He’s okay.. not my type though. Wait, do you.. like him?” Mi Yoon asked as she sat right up causing her head to bump into Ah Young’s.

Choa quickly put her hand to her lips, telling Mi Yoon not to tell anyone about it as she rubbed the top of her head, which was throbbing in pain.

“I won’t, don’t worry.” She mumbled. “Why do you like him? He’s not that handsome..”

“What are you saying? He’s so cute and handsome!” Choa squealed.

Mi Yoon just told her that he is cute in Choa’s eyes only and Mi Yoon told her that they both have different taste in men so she shouldn’t be mad at her for calling the guy ‘not handsome’. Mi Yoon stared at the guy, wondering what was so cute about him that got Choa attracted, but she didn’t seem to find anything cute about the guy except that the guy is particularly quiet.

Mi Yoon then asked if Choa knows the guy but she shook her head and told her that she doesn’t even know the guy’s name. She said that she just got attracted to the guy during the first day of class, which was just a few months ago.

“So, you basically don’t have any idea who this guy is?” Mi Yoon asked and Choa nodded with a pout.

“Leave it to me then.” Mi Yoon said as she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and began typing something.

“What are you doing?” Choa asked.

“Finding the guy’s name for you.” She mumbled, eyes focused on her phone screen.

“Really? Can you really find it?” Choa gasped.

“No.1 stalker at your service.” She saluted and continued browsing. Mi Yoon stood up from her seat and started searching at the same time humming to a song.

“Found it.” She said to herself. “Hmmm… so his name is Changjo?”

She went back to where Choa was and told her what she found, “His name is Changjo, no actually that’s just what his friends calls him but his real name is Choi Jonghyun. His birthday is on November 16 and according to what I have read, he is not really close to girls. I mean he barely talks to them.” Mi Yoon told her.

“Omo! Thank you! Thank you!” Choa quickly hugged her. “I finally know his name! I didn’t know anyone in the other class so I couldn’t ask about his name.”

“Oh my! It’s him! He’s going to run!” Choa squealed in her seat.

The two looked at the starting line, where the boys were already in position waiting for the gun to fire. The gun fired and the six boys ran towards the finish line. The one leading was none other than the boy named Changjo, he was gaining a huge lead from the others so he ran backwards towards the finish line.

Mi Yoon rolled her eyes as she knew that this guy was probably one those “I’m-so-cool” guys. Choa cheered making Mi Yoon to snap at her, “Yah. They’re the opposing team, why are you cheering for them?”

It was finally time for the girls’ 50m race, Mi Yoon was definitely aiming for the first since their boys lost the race, she wanted to win this time, to show the other class that they aren’t a bunch of weaklings. Choa and Ah Young cheered her on as she positioned herself in the starting line.

The gun fired, Mi Yoon made a bad start making the girls from the other class take the lead but she quickly sprinted as she manage to not fall on her slight stumble. She ran passed two of the other girls and as she looked straight she could see that the girl from the other class is leading. She told herself that she could do it, she could beat this girl that was a few centimeters away from her. She ran faster, her legs and arms moving faster than before.

Mi Yoon and the girl were now running right next to each other. Mi Yoon could already see the finish line, which were just only a few steps away. She gathered all her strength to run even faster. As she reached the last step, she fell to the ground instantly, exhausted and tired from the run. The girl from the other class reached the finish line just right after her.

Choa, Ah Young and her other classmates quickly ran towards her and asked if she was okay. Ah Young helped her up and give her some water to drink.

“Omg! You won! Yay! You did a great job Mi Yoon!” Her other classmates cheered as she walked back to their bench.

Mi Yoon was out of breath and was panting as she wiped the sweat off her face using a towel. As she looked to the field where the other class was, she spotted the guy named Changjo looking at her. She blinked as she didn’t know why this guy was looking at her and then she thought that maybe he was just shocked that she beat their runner.

“Omo! Changjo is looking at me. Help me Mi Yoon. I’m dying.” Choa squealed beside her.

 

Days passed after the field day and Choa just kept on going on and on about Changjo. She would even drag Mi Yoon with her just to stalk him and stare at him after class. Mi Yoon just agreed to go on with this spy thing with Choa since they both go home together. But as Choa kept on dragging her around to follow him and kept on talking about him during class, Mi Yoon couldn’t help but to finally find this guy cute. She didn’t know why she just found the guy cute now after seeing him a lot of times before.

As days went by, she finally realized that she too now has a crush on Changjo. She couldn’t bring this subject up to Choa since she knew that she might get mad. And she heard Choa talking to one of the girls the other day that she won’t be okay if any of her friends liked the same guy as she does. So Mi Yoon just decided to keep it as a secret from Choa.

Because of this, Mi Yoon became distant to Choa and had found herself getting close to Ah Young. As she got to know Ah Young, she found a lot of common things between them, like favorite food and brand of clothes. The two instantly became best friends as they constantly talk and hang around after school. Mi Yoon finally told Ah Young that she has a crush on Changjo, turns out Ah Young also has a crush on Changjo ever since the first day of class.

Mi Yoon told Ah Young about how she started liking Changjo and she didn't know what to do whether to tell Choa or not but the two ended up making a decision to just not to tell her and just secretly like Changjo. And since it was just a crush, they knew that their feelings for him will quickly fade.

 

 


 

Author's note: Oh my gosh. This chapter is kinda long so I'm actually happy that it turned out like this haha. Changjo will be making his first appearance on the next few chapters yay! ^^ Oh and I kinda have a feeling that this story will just be a short one.. but I'm not yet sure though.. I just feel like it's going to be short! Anyway, if you have anything you want ask me, feel free to hit me on my wall post! Or at twitter! (@tuansbooty) Comment down below to let me know what you think about this chapter! Oh and do subscribe and an upvote would be nice! c: