Chapter 3

I Can't Have You

 

It was a Saturday and Mi Yoon had no idea why she had to go to school. If it weren’t for her best friend calling that they had an afternoon class today, she would have slept the entire day already.

She went to school early than expected so she still had to wait for Ah Young to arrive by the school gates. She actually hates waiting for someone especially if she’s alone. She hates being alone, it makes her feel awkward and like a loser because she didn’t have any friends to be with her.

“Yah! What took you so long?” She stood up from her seat as soon as she saw Ah Young running towards her direction.

“Sorry, sorry. We had to drop off my sister to school.” Ah Young panted as she reached Mi Yoon and gave her an apologetic look.

“I had to wait for you alone.” Mi Yoon groaned and went to the hall.

“You didn’t have to wait for me though, you could’ve just went into the classroom or something.”

“Yeah, sit in the classroom alone.”

“Hye Ri’s already in school, why didn’t you go with her?”

“Um, I think you forgot to inform me that when we talked on the phone a while ago.”

“Aw, no worries! I’m here already! Let’s go!” She said as she grabbed her friend’s arm and they both walked into their school building.

As they went into the hall where their classroom was located, they found Hye Ri sitting at the bench right outside, who was checking her SNS account.

“Hey Hye Ri!” Ah Young cheerfully called out as she threw her arms around her.

“Ew ew. Get away from me.” Hye Ri joked as she avoided her arms and lightly pushed her.

“Why are you guys here so early?” She asked as she took her eyes off her phone and to them. “Oh wait never mind. Judging by your smiles, I already got the answer.”

“He’s not yet here okay? Did I forget to mention that he always arrives two minutes before class starts and sometimes he’s even five minutes late?”

“What?? Of course not, we came to see you silly!” Ah Young cheered.

Just as the three were talking about some latest shows and songs, something suddenly popped out of Hye Ri’s mind.

“Hey, about what you told me last time, the thing about you and Choa? Are you really going to not tell her? What if she finds out? Don’t you think she’ll be even more angry?”

“I just can’t seem to make myself do so.. I don’t know, I’m just scared that she’ll hate me when she finds out.” Mi Yoon admitted.

“Okay so what if Changjo actually likes you and wants to ask you out? What are you going to do?”

“Hye Ri please, that’s never going to happen, he doesn’t even know I exist.” Mi Yoon laughed at the thought of Changjo actually liking her.

“WHAT IF. It’s called what if for a reason. It may happen, you never know.”

“I might not like him anymore when that time comes.”

“Stop avoiding the question and just give me an actual answer.” Hye Ri groaned in frustration.

Hye Ri sighed and turned to Ah Young, “How about you Ah Young? What if he actually likes you and he asks you out?”

“Of course I’d be glad but friendship comes first so I would say no to him. But I really think that it’s impossible for that to happen just like Mi Yoon said.”

“I guess I’m like Ah Young too, I would say no since I don’t want Choa to get mad at me.” Mi Yoon finally said.

“So you guys are saying that if it wasn’t for Choa, you would actually date him…?” Hye Ri said.

“Well, if Changjo likes Ah Young, I would really support them and would be really happy for her.”

“Me too! Me too! If Changjo and Mi Yoon ends up dating together, I’m totally fine with it and I would ship them together!”

“You guys are a bunch of weirdos. I’m leaving.” Hye Ri joked.

“Mi Yoon! Ah Young!” A shout came from the down the hallway. The three girls turned their heads and saw Choa making her way towards them.

“Choa unnie!” Mi Yoon waved at her as got up to her seat and walked towards her friend.

“Oh you’re with Hye Ri. Can you please introduce me to her? Pretty please? I just want to get to know more about Changjo.” She whispered in Mi Yoon’s ear.

The two stopped on their tracks when the elevator opened, revealing their ultimate crush, Changjo.

Choa squeezed Mi Yoon’s wrist in excitement, as Changjo was walking past them, he turned to their direction, looking at the two girls. Changjo went to where Hye Ri was and gave her a high five. He gave Ah Young a small smile and turned back to Hye Ri.

“Aren’t you going to class?” Changjo asked her.

“In a little bit, I’m talking to my friends from the other section.” She said. “By the way, you’re unexpectedly early.. What’s the occasion?”

“Oh, I had a meeting that I had to attend earlier this morning.” He said.

“Ah I see.” Hye Ri nodded her head.

Changjo went into their assigned classroom, which was just beside Mi Yoon, Ah Young and Choa’s classroom.

When the coast was clear, Choa fanned herself and excitedly shouted, “Mi Yoon! Mi Yoon! Did you saw that? He looked at me right? He did right? Oh my gosh. I’m dying!”

Choa acted dead which made Mi Yoon crack up, “Yah. Stop that.”

Mi Yoon didn’t know whether Changjo was really looking at Choa or at her since they were both standing beside each other. She had a feeling that it wasn’t Choa that he was looking at, but her instead, since she and Changjo made an eye contact, which was pretty hard to miss. But maybe she was just hallucinating and he really looked at Choa. But whichever the case was, she had a feeling that Changjo knows that one of them has a crush on him.

 

 


Author's note: Hello everyone, sorry for making you wait! But here's chapter three! Enjoy ^^ Oh and do comment about what you think about this chapter!