Chapter 1

I Can't Have You

 

“Yah! Yah! Are they coming out already?” Mi Yoon asked as she quickly ran towards her friend who was peeking at one of the classroom doors.

Her friend quickly turned to look at her and motioned for her to come quickly.

Mi Yoon stood beside her then tiptoed to also peek at the door.

“They’re coming out.” She told her friend and they quickly moved to the side so that they wouldn’t be blocking their way.

They kept on looking every time a student comes out of the room and would sigh when they don’t see that specific person. A girl with brown and short hair came out and spotted the two. “What are you two doing here again?” She raised an eyebrow at them.

“Hye Ri!” Ah Young smiled as soon as she saw her and gave her a hug. Mi Yoon also gave the girl a tight hug and said, “Oh, you know.. We were just waiting for you.”

“Yeah right.” Hye Ri rolled her eyes as she broke the hug. “I know what you two are up to every day so don’t you even dare lie to me.”

Ah Young made a pout, “But we really did come to see you too.”

“Too. What am I? A backup? Just so you know, he didn’t attend class so quit waiting there like a bunch of love struck idiots.” Hye Ri lectured earning a laugh from Mi Yoon.

“What are you? My mom? Lol. I’m just kidding.” Mi Yoon joked and quickly hugged Hye Ri with a childish smile.

“Ewww no, don’t hug me.” Hye Ri said in a joking manner.

Mi Yoon broke the hug and suddenly asked, “Then where is he?”

“How would I know? Just because we’re kinda close doesn’t mean I know where he’s always at.” Hye Ri crossed her arms.

“Well, speaking of, there he is.” Hye Ri pointed towards the school doors, where he was just making his way. There he walked charmingly, his every step burning the floor and the two girls were smiling as if they could feel themselves melting at his every step.

He smiled at their way but even though the two girls knew that the smile wasn’t for them, they could feel their hearts pounding on their chests.

Mi Yoon and Ah Young both smiled giddily as he walked past them causing Hye Ri to roll her eyes and shake her head in disappointment.

“What?” They asked at the same time as they looked at Hye Ri, who was giving them a judging look. “I mean, what did you guys see in him anyway?”

“He’s cute.” Ah Young defended.

“Never mind I asked that. I bet you guys would give me tons of reasons as to why you like him.” Hye Ri gave up and told the girls that she had to go since she still had to do her group project.

The two walked towards their lockers and started talking about how hot Changjo looked when he walked down the hallway and how cute his new haircut was.

“And Chan-” Ah Young caught herself as soon as she saw Choa making her way towards them with a bright smile on her face.

“Hey guys! What are you talking about?” Choa asked as she stood beside Ah Young.

Ah Young glanced at her friend and Mi Yoon quickly made up a lie, “You know, just the usual, school stuff..”

“Oh, but have you guys seen my baby Changjo?” She asked with hopeful eyes.

“Uh yeah, he just passed by a little while ago. And he’s gotten a new haircut. Just saying.” Mi Yoon told her.

“Does he look cute? Dumb question. He’s already cute. Does he look cuter?” Choa asked as she clasped her hands, imagining already what he looked like in his new haircut.

“Well yeah, um maybe for you but for me, no.” Mi Yoon said.

“I find him really cute and I don’t know what to do. Ah Young, don’t you find him even just a bit cute?”

“I like Western guys better, sorry.” Ah Young said. “But I guess he’s okay?”

“Uh yeah right, western guys.” Mi Yoon rolled her eyes at her friend’s lie. “Uhhhh what was his name again? Chan- what was it again? Oh yeah, Chad Muffin. And then there’s Austin Hoe, Justin Baby, and Liam PainInTheAss.” Mi Yoon asked sarcastically.

“Yah! You are so mean.” Ah Young pouted.

“Don’t be mean to Ah Young, she’s so sweet.” Choa said as she hugged Ah Young and patted her back. “But Justin Baby? That’s funny.”

Mi Yoon put her things inside her locker and closed it while Ah Young did the same. “So guys, where are you going?”

“We’re going to the cafeteria to grab something to eat.” Ah Young being the natural friendly girl that she is, invited Choa to go with them.

Choa agreed and the three of them made their way to the cafeteria, Ah Young and Mi Yoon walking arm in arm.

 

“Oh look who’s here.” Mi Yoon grumbled as she placed her pizza down to her plate. Choa quickly turned her head towards where Mi Yoon was looking and saw Changjo making his way towards his friends’ table, which was just right across theirs.

Choa quickly looked back at the two and bit her bottom lip to stop herself from smiling widely. “Oh my. His new haircut suits him. He looks so hot.”

Mi Yoon just made a face, showing her disgust with his new haircut and Ah Young also agreed with Mi Yoon that it looked ugly. When Choa went back on staring at his boy, Mi Yoon winked at Ah Young and mouthed, “I know you like his hairstyle that much that you are about to explode.”

“Shut up you liar. You like it too anyway.” Ah Young mouthed back.

Choa turned to them with a pout, “I want to tell him my feelings guys. I don’t know what to do. Should I tell him?”

“But don’t you think he’ll feel weird about it? Cause he doesn’t even know you..” Mi Yoon told her.

“I know.. I want to talk to him first so that he’ll know me but I’m scared cause it will also be weird if I just went up to him and say hi.” Choa shrugged.

“Why don’t you just give him a smile first then the next day go up to him and say hi?” Mi Yoon suggested and Ah Young just kept quiet cause she wasn’t really that good on suggesting things.

“But that’s hard too. You know, I really want to talk to Hye Ri. I heard that the two of them are close, so I was kind of wondering maybe she could introduce me to him. But I’m shy to approach her on my own cause she’ll think I’m just using her to get close to him.” Choa rested her head in the table with a sigh.

“Wait,” Choa raised her head from the table and took Ah Young’s hand. “But the both of you are close with her right?”

Mi Yoon stared at Choa and didn’t reply, she just continued eating her pizza and left the question for Ah Young to answer.

Ah Young could never lie, she can’t even though she wanted to so in the end, she nodded and said yes.

“Can’t you introduce me to her? And maybe ask her to introduce me to Changjo too?” Choa pleaded.

Ah Young hesitated, thinking if she should lie and tell her that she can’t do it cause she’s not close with Hye Ri or just agree and introduce her to Hye Ri. Choa was looking at her with pleading eyes and she just sighed and finally agreed. “Alright, I’ll try.”

“You’re the best!” Choa said excitedly. “By the way, I’m just going to buy something to drink.”

She stood up from her seat and sneakily glanced at Changjo as she walked her way to the vending machine.

Mi Yoon quickly shot her friend a look, “Are you freaking serious? Are you really going to introduce her to Hye Ri?”

“You know that I’m bad when it comes to lying and you know that I don’t ever lie. But it’s not like she’ll get a chance to talk to him, I’m just going to introduce her to Hye Ri and not ask her to introduce her to him. So chill.” Ah Young said as she finally ate her untouched burger.

“Fine. Whatever. I’m leaving this all to you.”

“Bought you guys mango juice, I know how much you love it.” Choa smiled as she sat back down the bench and handed them each a mango juice.

 

 


 

Author's note: First chapter is finally out! I know, I know, it's kinda boring but I swear this story is nice! And the next chapters won't be a disappointment! Comment down below to let me know what you think about this chapter! c: