Pillow

Pillow
The thing about humans is that we only miss the comfort of our partner when they are nowhere near us, probably a thousand miles away from us because she wants to pursue her career in arts, and Yonghwa has no qualms about that. When Joohyun pointed out she spent half of her life accompanying Yonghwa on his wild trips like taking the next train out of the country because why the not? He knows no matter how much he tries to go against it, Joohyun will sneak out of the house at three a.m. after placing a goodbye sticky note on Yonghwa's face. He prefers to send his wife off for the next three years before she comes back for the holidays. 
 
 
"Your face is stupid." Joohyun breaking the silence after he finished crying about finally having Joohyun back in the country, and not being hurt in any certain way. 
 
"That's my wife. I was worried they would try to fix you or something." He laughs, taking her luggage from her arms, guiding her to the car. 
 
The beauty of having Joohyun as his wife is that he knows she would not change herself or force herself to think a certain way just because someone else's is older or influential. She does not care about one's status, gender or race; she treats everyone the same way - how the world should be. Well, unless they have a reason to be lashed out.
 
"I don't know what was her problem. She came by me and splashed paint all over my student's artwork. I told her off, saying I would make sure she would be suspended." 
 
"Was she?" 
 
Joohyun reaches back for the neck pillow before whacking her husband lightly with it. "Of course she was." 
 
 
 
Ask Joohyun if she regrets choosing her career above her husband and she might say yes. Being away from her husband means she has to trust him hundred and one percent, including making sure he does not eat take-outs every single breakfast, lunch and dinner. She was never worried if he might cheat on her because they were those sappy lovers who knows they cannot live without the other. If it is not Yonghwa, nobody will do. However, one thing she could never trust Yonghwa with is with animals. 
 
"Dude, you did not adopt four more cats." Joohyun stands in the doorway. There is split milk on top of carpeted floor, with an empty milk bottle next to it. Yonghwa kicks the box of hamster food to the side before Joohyun sees it, pushing the door aside so she could come in. 
 
"Surprise?" He tries, and Joohyun does not fall for it.
 
 
They spend the rest of the day like this, hanging out on the couch (which is too small for two, by the way) while Mittens, Yonghwa's favorite among the rest curls up in Joohyun's lap as the ending credits comes on, marking the end of the movie. Mittens jumps off the couch, going to the back of the room to probably find the other cats or to eat the hamsters. Just kidding - maybe not. 
 
"Why didn't you get mad when I told you I wanted to go and continue my career." Joohyun asks as Yonghwa switches the television off, laying on the bed with his stomach down. 
 
"Because I know you'll come back to me any time of the day, and you've always wanted a career. It makes you happy, so I'm okay with it."
 
Joohyun kicks her socks off, jumping on the bed, crushing her body weight on top of Yonghwa. She shifts while Yonghwa groans in pain. "Your is my pillow. I miss my pillow." She whispers, poking it slightly before pinching it. 
 
"Ouch! Don't do that." 
 
Joohyun pinches again. 
 
"I'll get you back for it tomorrow, when I'm not tired." 
 
"Oh, and by the way, I saw the hamsters, you little ." 
 
"Oops?" He tries again. 
 
Joohyun definitely does not fall for it. 
 
 
"Oh, yeah, I'm staying here for the rest of my life." 
 
"With me?" Yonghwa exclaims, dropping the pancake batter by mistake. 
 
"No, with the ing cats." 
 
Yonghwa reaches for the masking tape behind him, beckoning Joohyun closer. "Your potty mouth has got to go." He says, tearing the tape before putting it over her lips. 
 
a/n: so i forgot to posted this yesterday 
i feel dumb
okay bye