Final

A Place We Know

There was someplace only we knew. It was a secret place I found when I was alone by myself that day.

 

Before I met you, I was always here. Being drowned in my own thoughts.

 

~*~

 

There was someplace only we knew. It was a secret place I found when I was alone by myself that day.

 

Before I met you, I also was here. Also being drowned in my thoughts.

 

It was nice finding a companion at this place.  

 

~*~

 

I went to my usual secret place after practice. I totally hate this place. The Company. I came here to chase my dreams but… things changed.

 

I’ve always wanted to become a rapper. I remembered rapping along to Dynamic Duo, Epik High, San E and others. Sometimes when there were even rap parts were in a pop song I would always rap along to it. I mostly liked B.A.P, EXO, and VIXX songs but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t like other groups also!

 

I auditioned to the 3 different companies but failed. I auditioned for Cube, YG and JYP. Failing my auditions made me think that I had no potential to become a rapper or in general an idol. But failure always make you stronger right? ...Maybe.

 

Anyways, to me the top 4 companies were YG, SM, JYP and Cube. Failing the other 3 only made me have my last choice. Joining SM. If I didn’t join at least one of these companies my dreams would be crushed and I would have to work at an office!

 

I made my choice to join SM last. It wasn’t the best company out of the 4 but it’ll do. I auditioned and passed all 4 parts. I signed the trainee contract and became a trainee.

 

You’d think that once you become a trainee, you’ll see your seniors that are also from the same company right? WRONG!

 

We trainees were separated from our seniors. It wasn’t until when we almost debuted. That’s when we moved into the actual company building itself.

 

I also accepted the role to be leader. It was quite burdening at first since I wasn’t sure how to be a leader. Or at least a proper leader to lead my group towards the right direction. Things went well and same goes to our debut.

 

After most of our promotions were over, we were dropped off at the company building to practice. We went in to the dance practice room and practiced 2 or 3 more times. After that I told my members that I was going to the roof for a breather while they continued practicing.

 

I left the practice room and head towards the rooftop. The rooftop had an amazing view of Seoul. The air there was also a bit breezy which was perfect after practicing. I leaned in onto the rails and looked far towards the mountains.

 

“Is this what it is like becoming famous?” I asked myself.

 

I didn’t know someone was here also. He walked over closer to me.

 

“It depends on what mood you are feeling,” He replied with a sigh.

 

I glanced at him and bowed. “That’s true. Tao sunbae.”

 

“Call me oppa,” He replied calmly, “Do you come here often?”

 

“If you say coming here a few times often, then yes. It’s relaxing up here,” I chuckled.

 

Ever since our first confrontation, we’ve been seeing and knowing each other more at the rooftop. I guess it isn’t a secret place anymore.

 

At least not for us.

 

 

 

 

 

Words: 585