December, 2014

Caught
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Eve came. The weather seemed colder than usual so you were bundled up in layers of clothing, with your favorite scarf around your neck. You were dragged by your best friend, Belinda, and were walking around the park nearby your university, your gloved hands in your pockets trying to keep warm. Belinda had told you that she wanted to go out on Christmas Eve and see the park because the city had set up Christmas decorations around the whole block; she also mentioned that there were rides she wanted to go on and was quite excited to go. She failed to tell you that she brought Kyungsoo with her and she took off with him somewhere else for a while, leaving you by yourself. You stood inside the nearby hotel, trying to find a bathroom because you needed to pee. You sighed, “I should’ve known Belinda would bring Kyungsoo… Now I’m by myself. I don’t know what to do.” You thought. “I wish he was here with me though.” Suddenly, someone pulled your hands out and intertwined their gloved fingers with yours. You look up to see your boyfriend blowing hot air into them, trying to keep it warm for you. You smiled at the sight. He looked down at you and winked.

“How did you find me…?” You asked him. He shook his head, “Didn’t Belinda tell you? Kyungsoo told me Belinda wanted to him to go with her to Christmas in the Park. So I tagged along, I knew you were going to be there by yourself so… Surprise?” He didn’t even give you time to react; he pulled you close to his body and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, “Babe, I’m sorry I’ve been busy lately. I haven’t been paying attention to you and I know you’re sad because of that…” He sighed, waiting for you to speak, but you kept your mouth shut. You took off the scarf around your neck and wrapped it around you and your boyfriend’s shoulders.

“You’re shaking. I can hear your teeth chattering.” He leaned his head on your shoulder and nuzzled your neck, “Are you that cold?” He whispered. You nodded, “Yes! It’s really cold… Freezing! I hate this weather, babe.” You pouted. You wrapped your arms around his waist, “Thank you for coming… This is awesome. What a surprise. You made my day better.” He leaned back to see your face with a small smile, your cheeks red from the cold. He nodded and intertwined his fingers with yours and began walking towards the exit of the hotel.

He swung your intertwined hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter