Final

Love Letter

You were sitting on the hospital bed writing a letter to Leo, your bestfriend and boyfriend.


A few months ago you had the chance to live, but now...the doctors are just fighting to keep you alive for a bit longer. You were starting to make peace with what is bound to happen, even though it scared you, you had to accept the fact to continue living. 

One person who couldn't accept it was Leo. He has been urging the doctors to do everything they can and more, even before he took leave from his groups tour around parts of Asia. He needed you by his side, as he kept repeating whenever he spent time with you in the hospital, but what he didn't know was that you don't much time left. 

The doctor has told you to prepare for the worst....and you have.

It's never easy to accept the fact that you are dying. Everyone is techinically dying because one day it'll happen it inevitable. Make the best of what you have, that's exactly what you will do.

After writing the letter, you ask for the doctor who has been taking care/treating you and handed it to the doctor. 

"Doctor will you please give this to my boyfriend, if I don't make it in the surgery?" You solemnly hand it over as he holds it in his hands.

"I will, but i'm hoping I won't have to give this to him. I will try my best to keep your health in tact." 

"Thank you, i-if y-you don't mind I would like to spend as much time with my boyfriend since the surgery date is in two days." You hesitate.

"....Certaintly. I'll fill out the paper work so that you can go, but if you don't feel well at the slightest, come back immediately. I don't want your condition to get worse. Okay  Ms.___?" 

"Yes sir, I understand Thank you so much." You reassure him.

 

-=-Listening to TTS cover of Cater 2 U I really like this cover and the original.-=-

After a few hours the paper work was all filled out and just in time for Leo to come by after his vocal training. You had changed into a purple blue lforal dress with an off white cardigan over it. You had you hair tied up in a high ponytail along with a pair of black flats. Waiting for Leo in the hospital room you look up when he comes in seeing you all dressed up.

"___ where are you going?" He asks, walking over to you.

"We are going to go out today, I need some air, how 'bout a date?" You flash him with your attempt at puppy dog eyes.

"What about your health? Did the doctor give you permission?" He softly looks at me, obviously concerned about you.

"Yes I got permission, just that if I feel bad in any way to come back immediately, so can we please go?" 

He hesitates a little letting silence take over, finally he replies,

"Okay..."

You smiled and letting your smile grow larger you jump up and link arms with him walking out of the hospital.

 

It's been a while since you've been able to see the many buildings surrounding the hospital. You finally got to see people who aren't sick or depressed, lifting the mood you felt excited.

"where do you want to go?" Leo questions 

"Anywhere~"

"Anywhere is a lot of places. Lets start somewhere small." He suggests.

"Urmmmm, the park? We can go on a row boat on the lake by it." I look up at him giving a slight nod and leads you to his car. 

The park was a ten minute drive and once you got there, you rented a little row boat. Leo helped fasten the life jacket on after putting his on. You watched his cute facial expressions of being so focused on rowing the boat until it reached the middle of the lake, stopping he pulls out his phone. Taking a picture of you, thinking you l ooked like an angel, his angel. You then took his phone and slowly made your way next to him, taking several pictures. You made different face in each of them while Leo only had one expression, at least he was smiling though. That's all you wanted. You wanted that smile to stay on his face, even...even after you left. 

Scrolling through the photos you spot one photo where Leo moved slightly, looking at you and you smiling with the cheesiest smile ever. Setting it as his wallpaper, you hand it back to him.

"Don't forget me oppa okay?" You stick you tongue out. "Promise me you'll still smile."

"Yah. Don't say things like that, you aren't going to leave, we are going to get married and grow old together with our future kids. You will. I'm sure of it. I won't let you go so easily." Leo asserted making the cutest pout.

He couldn't do aegyo when you asked, but he always had it hanging out sometime when he didn't notice, you loved that about him.

"Alright, I'm sorry, and I look forward to seeing an old wrinkly Taekwoon." You feel him sliding his arm around you letting you lean on him a little.

 

 

-=- Omg Vixx someday is making me sad i'm gonna cry while writing this probably...-=-

Going out for ice cream, watching vixx performances on Leo's phone, just talking about the weird things in you life. Letting the day progress you could feel a slight nauseating feeling slowly grow in you head. Pushing it aside, youjust wanted more time with Leo, more things to do with him. Your pale complexion was becoming a scary white, but you makeup helped cover it up. You and Leo were strolling around watching the ducks swim about in the water. Sitting on a bench beside the water you felt dizzy, unable to hold out much longer darkness covered your vision. Leo's most expressionful face panicking over what is happening. He picks you up rushing to the car and driving to the hospital.

The hospital's emergency room was bustling and they had you scanned and tested. Results coming back, the doctor makes his way to your room where Leo was sitting beside, waiting for you to wake up.

"Sir, Leo-ssi?" The doctor called him outside.

"I'm sorry to deliver this news, but it seems she had been in pain for quite some time throughout the day. We had scheduled a surgery operation to remove the tumor in two days, but it seems we will have to move it forward to today." the doctor explained

"Please just do whatever you have to." Leo pleaded.

"But Leo-ssi, i'm going to warn you that there a high chances that Ms. ___ won't be able to pull through. The tumour (tumor) is too agressive and it doesn't respond to any of our treatments, even if we take it out it could come back due to the source of the cancer being hidden." The doctor further warns.

"Then find the source! Do whatever you have to I said, please...just help her...." Leo trembles trying to stand his ground without falling and breaking down right there.

"I understand, it won't be easy. Just prepare yourself for the worst, we will do our best to keep her alive."

"T-Thank you doctor." Leo went back in the room to see you.

The doctor nods and calls a nurse to prepare the room for operation.

 

Just as you were moving about waking up Leo rushes to hold your hand.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Leo keeps his calm

"I'm feeling okay, what happened?" I look about my hospital room

"You fainted on our date, you have to move the surgery date up to today in a bit you'll go into surgery." Leo tightens his grip around your hand as he explains.

"I'm sorry oppa...." 

"Why?" 

"I ruined our date." 

"No you didn't, don't worry there will be plenty more when you get better. I love you so much. I need you. I love you." He repeats leaning in closer.

Capturing your lips, you could feel his tears against your cheeks, making you tear up. You slip your free arm around him, pulling him deeper into your kiss. You wanted more time with him.

Just a little longer would be enough.

---A little while later---

You were being prepped and ready to be pushed out to the operating room. Leo pecked you on the lips and hugged you softly. Suddenly a wave of fear rushed over you, crying in his arms worried about the surgery. He wipes your tears,

"Oppa do me a favour?" 

"Yeah?"

"Smile for me please?"

Leo hesitated a bit, but he gave you one of his rare cringe worthy smiles making you smile back at him.

"Promise me you'll keep smiling? Even if it is only when the cameras aren't rolling, please?" You beg him

"I will, you'll be able to see them when you come back. I'll wait here for you." Leo smiles as you nod while being pushed away.

 

Hours passed by since the start of the surgery. leo had consumed about a dozen cups of coffee to make sure he was awake. Ignoring the millions of reporters outside the hospital, he waitied for your return.

Finally the doctor emerged from the room, lowering his mask shaking his head Leo instantly knew the answer to his question. Dropping to the ground crying letting the shock over take him. The reporters weren't too far from where Leo was and they snapped away, some being pushed aside by the police who were trying to keep the privacy. Of course that didn't work. The doctor crouched down to his level and tried to comfort Leo. 

"Leo-ssi we did everything we could, she wanted me to give you this..." Pulling out the letter you had written earlier that day and handing it to Leo.

 

Leo nodded in thanks and slid up to a chair opening the delicately folded letter.

' Hey there my handsome, brave lion. Are you reading this now? Oh gosh that means i'm no longer with you. Are you sad? Don't cry I know I made you promise me something before I went into surgery so don't you break it. I'm sorry that I couldn't do much for you, you being busy and tired as an idol, you always had some energy to be with me. Thank you. Thank you for being born, for loving me, I hope my love was enough for you. Don't mourn over me for too long, go out and enjoy life to the fullest, for you. Your members want you to be happy too, they are there for you. I'd understand if you found anouther woman. If you want to marry her and grow old with her that's okay. Okay...well i'm not okay now...i'm jealous aigoo~ but later.....

later...

you're mine. So i'll wait for you this time. I'll miss you for now, I love you, I love you,

Love ____'

Leo slowly crying again smiled, he smiled knowing that you were waiting for him. hugging the letter crying and not caring about anything around him he mumbled to himself.

"I love you ____" 

 

 

 

-=-Wah....I actually did tear up while writing out the letter....do you want an epilogue? Please comment~.  I might write the epilogue after mdterms or sometime this week. I have midterms so I needed to take a break from rigorous studying and I just started writing this. Thank you for taking the time to read. See you in the comment section. I am also writing a Kai x Dasom story if you like KaiSom....there aren't many who like them though ^^. see you~~ -=-