Monochrome.

Monochrome.

Minseok love doing arts especially drawing and painting. He was the most talented student in his university. Every junior looked up to him and admired him. He was a student in the university and when it was his last year in the university; he taught the first year and second year class students. He did not want to teach because he thought that he wasn’t good enough to teach anyone.

But the university begged him so he politely accepted the request. He was super nervous about his first class with the new comers. That is normal for everyone to be nervous at their first attempt on something. He decided on setting a cold image so that people will scare to approach him because he wanted to keep a distance. He never wanted to be close to anyone. Little did his friends know the truth about it.

Minseok took a deep breath and entered the class with a poker face. His heart was beating madly, so mad that it will jump out from his body. He kept his stern face and looked at the newcomers. The new comers were looking at each other and looked at him while whispering. Minseok could listen to the whispers.

“Who is he?”

“He looked so young.”

“Is this some kind of joke?!”

He put down his painting tools and scanned the students. Everyone’s face was stiff when Minseok looked at them.  He was laughing inside of his head looking at those cute juniors. He continued to scan until he reached the last student. A boy, fairly tall and with the most beautiful smile Minseok ever seen. The boy was smiling ear-to-ear, like a little boy getting lollipop. Minseok quickly turned his gaze into the whole class. He cleared his throat.

“Good morning.”

The juniors greeted him back.

“My name is Kim Min Seok. I’ll be teaching you arts for a couple months. Your teacher will come in a few more months. Nice to meet you all.” He gave a little hint of smile.

He looked over,

“Do you have any questions?”

The students nodded but they were hesitant to ask questions. Minseok was relieved that they do not have any questions or so he thought. The last student raised his hand up high in the air.

“Yes?” Minseok looked at him.

“How old are you?”

“23.”

The boy cocked his head sideways,

“Rationally, you should be in last year in university. Why are you teaching us?” 

Minseok smiled,

“You’re clever.”

The boy let out a shy laugh, he was blushing.

“Yes, I am in senior year. I’m attending in this university too.” Minseok replied.

The students nodded in amazement.

“Can you draw? I mean, like a professional. “a student asked.

“I think I can draw pretty well.” Minseok smiled.

The students looked at him with doubts. Minseok just took out his painting tools and started painting. 5 minutes passed, he finished his drawing. He showed it to the class and the students’ jaws were dropped. In 5 minutes, he drew the scenery in fairy land. The whole class clapped their hands and was truly amazed. Minseok started teaching and because he was so focus on teaching, he did not notice that the boy was blushing madly. As if he fell in love. He did. After the class ended, the boy approached the teacher.

“Teacher!” 

Minseok turned and saw the sweetest smile on the boy’s face. The way his lips curled up.

“Yes?”

The young boy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Erm erm, hi. My name is Kim Jong Dae.”

Minseok nodded,

“Kim. Jong. Dae.”

Jongdae’s heart beated a beat faster whenever Minseok said his name. 

Minseok taught for 4 months and had to stop because his senior year was busy. The students were sad over it especially Jongdae.  Jongdae always tried to hang out with Minseok but Minseok just brushed him away saying that he was busy. In class, Jongdae never really talked to Minseok because Minseok would just focus on teaching the students. In conclusion, it felt like one-sided love for Jongdae. But he knew he can make Minseok fall in love with him. 

Jongdae succeeded in having Minseok’s number by asking it from another senior, Luhan. Luhan was only into football and Minseok loved football too. He begged Luhan for weeks to have Minseok’s number. Luhan was so annoyed that he just gave up and gave Jongdae Minseok’s number. Jongdae would message Minseok every night just before he went to sleep.

Hyung, have a good night sleep! :)

 

Hyung, how’s your day? Mine was bad. :<


Hyung, what is your favourite food? I’m so hungry right now. >


Today Miss Lee told me about your masterpieces. Wow!! O.O!!! 

 

Why you never reply my message? :O !


He continued message Minseok until one day Minseok finally replied him.


Stop sending me message. It cost a lot. Good night.


Jongdae could not sleep that night, he screenshot the picture and printed it out. He wrote a short message,


The day senpai (kekeke) finally noticed me. Yay! Good job,self!


Jongdae learnt a lot about Minseok from Luhan. Luhan’s message would always explode because of Jongdae’s messages. But Luhan was the total opposite of Minseok. Luhan was a friendly person, you felt happy around him instead of getting brushed away like you’re nothing. But for some reason, he never feels like giving up, he truly fell in love with Minseok. He realized that his feelings for Minseok was true, he decided to confess to Minseok.

“Hyung, I love you. Be my man.” Jongdae held Minseok’s hands.

“N.O.” Minseok put on his poker face.

“I love you~” Jongdae flashed his killer smile.

Minseok’s heartbeat was out of control.

“No.” 

“Fine.” Jongdae pouted.


Luhan was looking at everything and knew that Jongdae was in love with Minseok. He knew it. He figured that Minseok would know it too. But Minseok was hiding everything. Luhan asked Minseok about it when they were alone, Minseok just smiled.


“I know.”

“Then? Accept it!” 

“Luhan, its not like you don’t know my situation.”

“But-“

“I don’t want to leave any memories to hurt someone. Especially the one that I cared.”

“Minseok,you-"

“Just do me this favour.” 


Luhan could only let out a heavy sigh. Every day, Jongdae will meet up with them saying that he needed help with his homework but actually he wanted to stay close to Minseok. He succeeded in holding hands and hugging with Minseok. Every time they touched, it just felt natural. It felt like what normal couples would do. Jongdae would take photos with Minseok and send it to Minseok with sweet messages.


[Picture] 
We looked so sweet, I love you~


[Picture]
Accept me,hyung~~~~  I love you. <3 


[Picture]
Kyaaa, you looked so hot here. >///<


Minseok would take the photos and smiled. He will then approach his working table.

Months passed by and every day Jongdae would confess to him. Then one day, Minseok decided to put everything to a stop.

“Jongdae.”

Jongdae turned around and smiled.

“Hyung, you finally-“

“I’m Luhan’s boyfriend.”

Jongdae’s brush fell to the floor.

“Hyung, don’t mess with me. Hahaha.”Jongdae laughed half-heartedly.

“Jongdae,I-“

“Hyung, don’t joke with me.” Jongdae was teary-eyed. 

Minseok grabbed Luhan’s hand and turned him over. He kissed Luhan on his lips right in front of Jongdae. Jongdae tried to look away but he was unable to bring himself to do it. He just looked at the very scene that broke his heart. He felt his world crumbling down in seconds.

He felt like someone punched his heart over and over again. His tears were streaming down his face uncontrollably. Minseok finally released Luhan and dragged Luhan out without looking back at Jongdae. When he finally dragged Luhan out and sat on a bench, he looked at Luhan. His eyes were blurred with tears,

“Why does my heart ached so much?”

“Minseok ah-“

“I thought everything will be fine. He would be hurt and forgets me.”

“This-“

“All I wanted is him being happy but to think that he will one day forget me, my heart .. my heart..” Minseok cried while grabbing his chest.

Luhan patted his back,

“It’ll be fine. He’ll understand soon.Time will heal.”

Minseok hit his chest countless time,

“It hurts so much. It felt like someone just ripped my body off.” 

Days went by, Jongdae refused to look at Minseok. He knew Minseok was his soul mate. Where did they go wrong? Can they be fixed? Will Minseok still look at Jongdae? 

Jongdae decided to confront Minseok. On his way to meet Minseok, he met Luhan. He saw Luhan was making out with another guy, which was not Minseok. In anger, he grabbed Luhan and threw a punch to him.

“LUHAN! I THOUGHT YOU’RE MINSEOK’S.” He shouted.

Luhan wiped his mouth while Sehun punched Jongdae in the face.

"Stop! Both of you!" Luhan shouted.

Sehun and Jongdae looked at Luhan.


"But he-"


"Jongdae. Minseok and I was a fake. We were never together." Luhan held Jongdae's hand.

"What?"

"I'm his childhood friend. I was asked by his mother to take care of him as long as possible." Luhan said everything.

"Minseok's eyes were never good. His eyes will slowly shut down when he aged.  So I'm here to take care of him everywhere he goes." he added.

"But why did he try to push me away?" Jongdae asked.

"Don't you get it? He don't want you to take care of him if he turned blind. He don't want you to look at a person that can't look back at you. If you noticed, all his arts are based on the sense of touch. " 

"Why did he do that..." Jongdae ran his fingers through  his hair.

Sehun protectively held Luhan's waist.

"Luhan hyung, do you know where Minseok hyung is right now?" Jongdae panicked.

"I have no idea, but I heard that he wanted to go for a walk. Maybe somewhere here." Luhan shrugged his shoulders.

Jongdae quickly ran away while Luhan and Sehun continued their business. Jongdae kept running, his legs were giving up but he still continued on. He then stopped at a place, some train place. He heard footsteps. He lifted up his head and saw Minseok walking with a stick.

"HYUNG! MINSEOK HYUNG!" Jongdae screamed his lungs out.

Minseok turned his head and saw Jongdae.

"Jongdae?" he was shocked.

"Hyung!" Jongdae screamed.

Minseok just looked at him.

"I WILL LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENs IN THE FUTURE. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T LOOK AT ME ANYMORE, BUT  I WILL STILL LOVE YOU. IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE ME IN YOUR HEART. I WILL BE THERE WHENEVER YOU NEED ME." Jongdae said it out loud.

Minseok could not have a clear vision of Jongdae but he saw Jongdae were running towards him. He threw away his stick and slowly approached Jongdae. Jongdae's legs gave up. He fell onto the train rail and the last thing he heard was a loud sound.

Days passed by, Jongdae was found in coma because of blood clot. He finally woke up from coma and he could not remember anything happened that day. He called Minseok's phone number but  his call went into the voicemail. He continued calling but there was no response. He thought maybe Minseok was playing with him.Everyday after that, he would call Minseok and left him some voice message. He would look back at their photos and smiled. 

Luhan stopped by one day and handed Jongdae a letter and a key.

"For you." Luhan smiled.

Jongdae happily opened the letter and saw Minseok's handwriting while Luhan left.

Go to my house, that's my house key.

Jongdae quickly grabbed his bag and went to Minseok's house. Luhan was standing outside and he looked up into the sky.

"Minseok-ah."

Luhan's tears fell from his eyes. Jongdae thought that Minseok was playing push-and-pull with him. He reached the doorstep and rang the bell. No response. He just used the key and unlocked the keyhole. He saw a very weird scene right in front of his eyes. Every furniture were covered with a large white cloth. He then opened the letter again and saw a short note.

Go to my room.

Jongdae ran up to his room and called his name, but again, there was no response. 

"Stop playing,hyung." Jongdae opened the door of Minseok's room.

The bed was covered in white but the desk wasn't. He saw a lot of sketches and some painting. He touched the surface of the arts and they had different texture. He looked at those painting one by one and remembered how they first met. He finished looking at the arts and felt very weird. Every painting were unfinished. He then took all the painting and started putting them together like a puzzle piece. His knees fell to the ground the moment he looked at all of the painting as a piece.

The overall painting was a painting of him and Minseok holding hands with a note on it.

"You brought the colours into me."