The Past

Scraped Brow

It was Late at night when a girl was alone in the park, sitting in the swing, crying, as the rain started pouring.
Wind blows harder and loud rumblings of thunder could be heard while lightning strucks..
"WHY WON'T YOU JUST TAKE ME TOO?!" The girl cried out. "Umma~! Appa~!!" she sobbed.
It was the night when everything she had vanished. A wealthy life and a happy family was taken from her.
At such a young age, both of her parents died in a car accident while she survived. Relatives took advantage of her being naive and took her belongings. all of it.. She was deceived, thinking they were there to help her but not even a cent was left. That girl.. was you.

You stood up from the swing and went up on the tallest slide. As you got there, you looked down. "good. It's tall enough." you whispered to yourself. You closed your eyes as the last tear drop fell and jumped head first. "Umma, Appa, wait for me." you said as you were falling.. You thought it was your end when you felt arms circled your hips firmly, when you opened your eyes, you saw a pair of shoes and your head inches from the ground, and then you were put to the ground gently. all you could do was cry again.
"yah! are you stupid?!" a boy, maybe older than you scolded. "are you trying to kill yourself!?" he continued. you didn't listen to him as you stood up to go back up the slide but he caught your arm and make you face him. he held both sides of your shoulder and looked at you straight in the eyes but you struggled, pushing him away screaming "Let me go! I want to die!" as you cried. and he did.

You quickly ran up to the slide and was about to go up when he yelled "you're lucky you're alive!", in anger, you faced him and yelled back "you don't know what you're saying! you're just saying that because you don't know what I've been through!" you were so angry that you threw a rock at him.

"I may not know what you've been through but I know someone who's been fighting to keep her life!" he shouted as he came near you. You saw that he was covering his right eye and a little blood coming out, looks like the rock hit him there..
"I don't care!" you stubbornly shouted back as you turned to climb up.
"You don't but I do! My sister is dying!" his words stopped you and you faced him again.
"My sister's been fighting for her life, it pains me seeing her suffer and I don't want her to make her feel the agony anymore." his voice cracked as tears flowed down his face.
"This is our favorite park. she's my twin. and that tallest slide is her favorite so seeing a person trying to commit suicide here is an insult for me and specially her. If you still want to continue your stupidity, do it somewhere else. If only for every suicide a dying person could be saved, selfish as may it seem, but I won't stop you from killing yourself if it means saving my sister." he said then walked away, sitting on the swing where you sat earlier..