The Assassin

After Dark

THE ASSASSIN

THE PRETTIEST ARE THE DEADLIEST

LYNX, he’s coming your way. Be prepared.” The raspy voice sounded through her ears. Jihyo hid in the dark and smiled slightly. She can see the shadow coming to her way. Anxiety. Terror. All were seen in that running shadow and this has only added to her irritation.

“Bastard.” She murmured under her breath. As soon as the shadow tried to run past the alley she is hiding in, she grabbed him fast and swift into the dark, covering his mouth.

“Hey babe. Going somewhere?” she whispered seductively into his ear with her tongue teasingly his earlobe. This would have been an enjoyable moment for the man if he didn’t felt the sharp knife pointing on his back as Jihyo hugged him. Well. It was more than a hug as Jihyo has her hand around his neck, half straggling him.

“Hm… I’m pretty aren’t I? And you do love them don’t you? According to our records, you have and killed 54 girls, with 22 of them that are still under-aged Mr. Seo.”

The man shivered slightly in fear and cursed under his breath. “And you’re supposed to be the 55th, miss. If I haven’t been captured by you guys.”

She rolled her eyes in disgust. To put it simply, this man is a serial killer that gone crazy. The way he stalked and his victims. The way he killed them before chopping them up into pieces. He has actually gotten past the web of law by hypnotizing an innocent male student to admit his crimes for him. But he would never have gotten past the detection of them. The Running Man.

Taking out a dagger from her side pocket and gently sliding the sharp end onto the man’s cheeks, she watches as the blood trickled down her knife from his wound, before tapping the dagger onto his face. “Well… Enjoying here aren’t we? Fear? Lost? Didn’t you enjoyed it that much when you done all these to those poor innocent girls? Huh?” She hissed into his ears and gave a sharp powerful kick to his back. The man fell to the ground, hitting the rough brick wall due to the impact. His forehead was trickling with blood by now. She smirked and gripped his hair tight, pulling him up forcefully making him look at her.

A queen. That’s what she is. The only rose among the thorns. Conquering what she felt was right. Protecting those who need protection. Their helplessness. Their fear.

 

Back in 1989

“Bash her. Let her know who the boss here is.” The men in dark shirts surrounded little Jihyo and her mum. She was only 8 then.

The men were merciless, hitting all their vulnerable spots. Her mum hugged her tightly, with her back facing the men, allowing them to hit on her over and over again. Jihyo could only weep softly. But not from the pain. It was how she watched her mother suffered at the mercy of these men. There is nothing she could do.

She hated it. They don’t deserve this truly. Her dad has ran away from them, leaving only a huge debt. The amount that the both of them couldn’t repay even if they worked for their whole life. Days after days, the mafia gangs came and beat both of them, demanding the money. All those times her mother protected her physically, letting all the punches and hits to be on herself only. Jihyo wanted to protect her mother but her mother’s determination and embrace were strong. She couldn’t get out of it.

But the days of violence have deteriorated her mother’s body. Her face was pale, injuries and bruises covered her body. But there’s wasn’t enough money to see the doctor or buy any medication.

A trail of warm sticky liquid dripped onto little Jihyo’s face. Someone has gotten a long metal rod and hit it on the back of her mother’s head. Blood was flowing. Jihyo looked up and saw the dilated blank pupils of her mother. “Go… Run away…” She heard those words whispered out of her mother’s cracked lips before being pushed away.

She turned around and the last thing she saw was her mother falling to the ground. Motionless. But Jihyo didn’t run. Her pupils grew dark. Her hands clenched into tight fists. Oh yes. She has become insane. She’s no longer afraid. Someone has dropped a dagger onto the floor. Jihyo lowered herself and picked it up, examining the menacing glow on it.

“Let her go…” Her calm, firm voice filled the atmosphere. The men cackled upon hearing the kid. One of them even sneered. “Or what? Are you gonna kill me? Kiddo. How about let me show you my power?”

Jihyo remained emotionless, her lips moving slightly with her response. “Wrong answer.”

She ran and jumped toward the guy. The dagger held firmly in her hand. With a swift movement, she cut through that guy’s throat and watches the guy fell to his own death.

“Let my mother go. Or which one of you wants to be next?” She glanced over at the men in blacks. The dagger dripping the fresh blood to the ground. A kid she might be, but the charismatic aura filled the air.

Her childhood is gone from the day her father left. She’s no longer the innocent child. She’s no longer the little girl Jihyo.

 

The man looked at Jihyo as his hair was forcefully pulled. “Out of everyone who can punished me for my doings, it must be you bastards. Isn’t it funnily ironic? The most wanted criminals are actually the one punishing the true criminals. Being hero aren’t you? Jokes.” He let out a choked laugh.

“Jokes? You don’t get a pretty joke like me very often. And that’ll be your last joke of your life. You deserve it.” “.” The man shivered as he saw the knife gleaming in her hand. “Scared? How come these thoughts never came to your mind when you did this to those girls? Go to hell.” Jihyo pulled him up before piercing her dagger into his heart. She watches as life slowly seep out of the man, slowly falling into a lifeless pile against the wall.

She sighed softly and mumbled an apology. Yes she might seemed merciless when killing but she has never liked the feeling of taking the life of others. She only acted strong. That’s what she is good at. Though she is tasked to killed, she has always gave them a quick death, without much suffering.

The men were defenseless against the small girl. No one has expected her to be this skilled in her knife. Every cuts and every pierce were all in their deadly spots. 100% hit. Without any miss. Her own actions surprised even herself, but she couldn’t care much. All she want is to free her mother and this is the only way she could do.

“Stop. I’ll let your mother go if you stayed and served in my gang. Your dad’s debt would be paid by your services here. Either this or I’ll shoot her.” A man who seemed to be the boss has a gun on her mother’s head. She froze. There’s nothing she could do. She agreed.

“Good. We need a talent like you here.” She followed them. Trainings. Killings. It’s an everyday thing. But she hated it. Her armory skills improved tremendously but her heart grew empty. Being forced to kill. Being forced to sleep with the guys. Being forced to help them abduct young innocent girls. Watching them suffer because of her. A little girl, as she was, she is afraid and guilty. But each time she tried to reject, they would threaten to kill her mother.

Well, you might asked how did she escaped from the gang or even joined SKUKA.

It all happened on the day where she has a little defiance to the gang. Maybe it’s much more than that. It’s time for her to be truly strong.

She killed the one who trained her.

She killed the gang with her own hands and knife.

In less than an hour.

 

She walked out of the alley in her high heels and clicked on the button on her in-ear.

“Target cleared.”

PROFILE

[REAL NAME]: Song Jihyo

[CODE NAME]: Lynx

[BIRTHDAY]: 15/08/1981

[GROUP]: Running Man

[EXPERTISE]: Knife Fighting

[POSITION]: Assassin

[KNOWN AS]: The caring nurse

[FAVOURITE WEAPON]: Dagger

 


Okay. Here is the 2nd Chapter of our Ace Jihyo ^^ Not sure of how it is and I don't know why I put her as a assassin role. But pardon for my grammer mistake. T.T I didn't check yet. Anyway I really hope you like the story though. I'm sorry it's a sad part for Jihyo but I tried to make her cool though. Anyway, oh my gosh. 4 subscriber. Thank you 0606123, yuansaga, mynamez and Marion30 for your support and upvote. ^^ 

0606123: Ah. Thanks a lot. Hope you like this Jihyo's story ^^ keke. I didn't planned to be sad at first though. But as I wrote more ideas pop in... and became a sad thing. But well our Jihyo still became a cool girl. A queen. ^^
mynamez: keke. I know right. I have always associate RM with crimes. Probably because of the special episodes they have made about all those spies and stuffs. keke. Trapper Kwangsoo ^^
yuansaga: Ah thank you ^^ kekeke