The Trapper

After Dark

THE TRAPPER

IF YOU CAN'T KEEP UP, DON'T STEP UP.

“This is PENGUIN calling for GIRAFFE. Is the set-up done yet? Please reply immediately.”

The youngest rolled his eyes upon hearing the voice through his in-ear. 

"Please hyung. It hasn’t even been 10 seconds since I reached here. Plus you can see what I’m doing through the camera!”

Kwangsoo waved frantically toward the camera with one hand while using his other hand to press a button on his in-ear. The group's on a mission and each of them were wearing the most technically-advanced in-ear which allowed the other group members to contact with each other as well as locate each other.

“Fine. I don’t know about these things though. Just do it fast.”

“This is TIGER calling. Please remember to clear all your evidences and not let them off before…”

“Yeah hyung… If you continue to nag I won’t be able to concentrate and set this well. I might let it off by accident and killed myself. If that’s happened I’m gonna blame hyung for it.” Kwangsoo stopped Jongkook just before the long-winded nagging start..

All 7 members have a different codenames given by their leader, GRASSHOPPER. Its funny how they have gotten their codenames through how they look but it still provided them a secret cover, especially for confidential and dangerous missions like this. If their identities were busted, it’ll be game over for all of them.

The moment Kwangsoo had finished setting the trap, he gave a thumb up sign to PENGUIN through the camera before walking away from the scene. He wiped away the thin layer of sweat on his forehead with a smug grin imprinted on his face.

GIRAFFE, or with his real name Lee Kwangsoo is born in 14 July 1985. He’s born in a legendary family where ninjas flowed in their family blood. Well, how could a ninja warrior falls into this dark pit hole of crime? Well it happened many years ago and he was forced on this unreturnable path.

Back in 1995

“SNAP” Kwangsoo was only 10 years old then but being born in the top ranked ninja family, he was forced to train since young, enduring pain and suffering and was highly anticipated for his skills for he is the sole descendent. He had once again accidently let off another trap carelessly while trying to turn over to sleep. Needles were shot rapidly from the walls toward him. But all he can do is waved around his arms and letting his head down to avoid the needles from pricking his eyes. Blood trickled down his arms as the needles pierced through his wounded skin.

His parents slammed through the door with his dad holding a whip in his hand.

“Lee Kwangsoo! Not again! How could you not have avoided that? You’re such a disgrace to our family!”

His dad raged and shouted at the little boy, ignoring the wounds and whipping the whip on his back again and again. Tears flowed down his cheeks but that did nothing to cool his parents’ anger. Even his mother shook her head and disappointment were all written in his eyes.

Days after days, he was forced to tend to his own injuries and were not able to have a proper rest. Traps were set by his parents all over the place to train him to avoid them. But Kwangsoo was different from any ninja kids. The others were small and fast. They were able to hide into small corners and avoided these weapons. But not him. He was tall. Too tall. There were no escape for him but to face these.

He couldn’t hide like the others but he didn't want to suffer physically and psychologically as well. He’s just a little boy. He's just merely a kid, trying to protect himself and trying to get the love from his family. He became quieter and slowly, he eventually devised a way to avoid all these. Since he’s not able to hide, he might as well faced them. Kwangsoo is a genius when it comes to setting traps and devising new one. He became observant and quieter as the times passed. He observed and predicted all the traps and moves set by the others. After that he set traps for the traps that was supposedly for him. Soon, all the traps set by anyone were useless towards him.

But, no matter what he do, he’s not able to please his parents. The way he was doing was not the known ninja’s way. Kwangsoo got less physically hurt yet psychologically, he’s hurt, being torn emotionally. Insults from his only kins and all the other fellow ninjas. Even in school, he is often teased and bullied for his height. The psychological hurt continued to torture him, killing his heart. He didn't want something extravengent. But all he asked for is some kind of love and care from his family. But no matter how hard he tried, the results didn't go the way he wanted.

Well then, you might have asked how Kwangsoo got into “Running Man” after all these.

Hurts and insults has eventually gotten Kwangsoo to the brink. His heart was killed by it, turning into a stone heart. He became emotionless, merciless towards everything. Nothing seemed to please him or bring joy to him. The vengeful feelings filled his heart. He eventually set traps for his own family. Death traps.

Before he was caught by the others, the South Korea Underground Killer Association (SKUKA) found him first and brought him under training. It was a secret group of the top geniuses in South Korea coming together to kill those who deserved punishment. And Lee Kwangsoo is a man that is needed. A man who is cruel enough yet have the most devious plan to set traps for all. Someone who is capable of prediction and capturing.

Meet Lee Kwangsoo, the youngest of “Running Man” which is a group of the top cream of the crops of killers brought together by SKUKA. They are a group who worn black masks on undercover with maximum speed and accuracy. With his codename GIRAFFE, he is also known as a clumsy tall zookeeper who has an undying love for the animals. He’s capable of predicting all the enemy’s moves and luring them to his deadly traps.

GIRAFFE, the groups are coming towards your bait. Be ready to activate the toys.” A raspy voice sounded through the in-ear in Kwangsoo’s ear. “Noted PENGUIN hyung.” Kwangsoo turned the controller in his hands playfully before pressing the button. The most high-end technology with the deadliest trap. Kwangsoo smirked as he was sure knifes and needles were flying towards their enemies’ critical point.

Do you really think you know the people around you? You don’t.

Those who looked weak, pathetic and bullyable are not that weak. Those who looked caring may have been the coldest and most merciless.

“Activate.”

PROFILE

[REAL NAME]: Lee Kwangsoo

[CODENAME]: Giraffe

[BIRTHDAY]: 14/07/1985

[GROUP]: Running Man

[EXPERTISE]: Prediction & Setting Traps

[POSITION]: Trapper & Inventor

[KNOWN AS]: The kind and clumsy zookeeper

[FAVOURITE WEAPON]: Flying Knifes

Note: Hyung - Older brother in Korea


Okay. Here's the 1st chapter. Sorry for the grammer mistake. So what do you think about this??? I hope you like it though. :p Somehow Kwangsoo give me an impression that he'll be good in traps since he is the Icon of Betrayal in Running Man. haha. Anyway, tell me what you guys think okay? ^^ Guess who would be the next one in the next chapter! ^^