The Schemer

After Dark

THE SCHEMER

YOU'RE MY MOST PERFECT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

“Dammit. Where is PENGUIN?!” A brawny guy scorned and he is none other than TIGER. He is a known perfectionist and he would not allowed any error to occurred, especially on missions like this.

“True. Didn’t he said that he is going to be here 1 minute ago? It’s according to his plan. His plan has never failed us before.” A guy with a poker face murmured.

Kwangsoo glances at the screens and high-technology devices installed in the black van that is installed by PENGUIN. He is getting worried though he has never failed the group. He is in fact the brain of the group and everything has always fall into his plan. Has something happened to his hyung?

“Hyung. PENGUIN is in trouble. He’s surrounded without any weapons.” “Dammit. That guy.” The brawny guy was about to rush out the van to save him when a lean guy held onto his arm, with the other hand pushing his glasses up. It was their leader, GRASSHOPPER.

“There is no need to. It’s PENGUIN we’re talking about. There is no situation he can’t get away from. I trust him.”

PENGUIN is the third youngest of the group, with his real name being Ha Dong Hoon. Despite that, he has always acted like the youngest among the group. However, don’t be fooled by it. Once he is on mission, he turned instantly into a brutal cold killer. He is not much of a fighter but his wits have always saved him from various situations. He is born in a normal family, with his mother being a psychologist, his father being a data analyst for the government and his older sister who is an expert in piano. He is in fact the youngest in the family which might explain his child-like behavior at times. However, how did a normal guy like him become part of SKUKA or even into the top elite team, The Running Man? Simple. He is trying to protect others from having a downfall like him.  

“Appa. What are you doing?” The young HaHa looked over his father’s shoulder with a slight jut of his lips. His father gave a loving smile and carried him on his lap. HaHa looked over at the data on the computer and pointed out at a corner in the document. “Appa. There’s something weird here.” The young kid said with a slight pout. His father pinches his cheeks softly and looked over at the document. “It’s weird how I have never noticed it. Thank you maknae.” His father patted his head lightly and let the young kid go to play with his sister. HaHa is only 10 years old then and he knew nothing about data analysis. But his small action has unknowingly uncovered the danger for his family. The document he has pointed out is in fact a critical evidence on the government’s dirty doings. It was revealed.

He is lucky to be born in a family with loving parents and sister. Their parents would do anything for his sister and him. Sometimes HaHa would dreamt that this would go on forever, staying under the loving protection of his family. However, life didn’t seemed that kind to him. HaHa would have never thought that his actions would have such an impact on the family. His dreams were smashed into pieces.

“Donghoonie and Juri ah. Run away from here now. We will follow you soon after alright? Take care of each other. Remember, appa and umma love you two. No matter what happened don’t ever look back and find us alright?” His dad whispered to the two young kids in a hoarse voice. HaHa’s mum let out a small sigh before planting a peck on each of their forehead. HaHa had a strong feeling that it would have been the last time he would see his parents. With tears in his mum’s eyes, she pushed the both of them and a bag to them into a secret pathway and activate the two-way mirror.

HaHa held onto his sister’s hand hard yet he couldn’t contain his shivers. He could feel his sister’s fear as well. All they have are each other now. But they refused to run away just yet.

Footsteps were heard. It was them. The one that has been chasing them for days. HaHa didn’t know who they were or why they are chasing them. But one thing that he knew for sure is that these men want them dead. They are the one that are causing the hell in their life.

“Hang over them now.” “I don’t have them. I do not know what you are talking about.”

Two gunshots were heard. The two kids’ eyes widen and turned around. The bright light from the firing of gun allowed them to see what they are scared the most.

The bullets were shot through their parents’ heads. They saw how parents falls to the ground. Lifeless. Blood flowing from their wounds, surrounding them. Just a minute ago their parents are kissing them and telling them how much they love them. But now… dead.

He felt something wet on his cheeks. He touched his cheeks and realized there were tears. He saw the flowing tears on his sister’s face as well. It was done. There’s nothing he could do now. Now it is just them. HaHa gripped tightly the bag with one hand and gripped his sister’s hand with the other. He pulled her and ran away as fast as they could. Tears were fallen. But their doom were not ending just yet.

The men seemed to know that they have the documents. No matter where they ran to, they chased them. Days of hiding. Days of keeping themselves alive. HaHa knew this could not continue. He could see how his sister suffered. He had to think. His sister is his life. He has to protect her from the hands of them… He has to end her suffering.

He came up with the perfect plan. To kill her.

HaHa glances at the people surrounding him and a smirk formed on his face. “Looks like everyone want to play a game with me.” These people were armed. Guns. Metal rods. Knifes. But none of them feared HaHa,

“Shut up. Give us the document and we might consider letting you go alive.”

“Those who want to escape, you have 2 seconds.”

The men laughed hard at the word of the petite man in front of them. It’s impossible for him to win.

“2 seconds? There’s not even enough time to turn around and shout for help. Are you even sincere about that?’ One of the men sarcastically said before cackling. The other men soon followed with his laughter.

But HaHa is not intimidated by that at all.

“That’s right. I’m not sincere at all. Cos letting you guys fall is more fun than letting you guys run away.”

The men laughed harder. A man without any weapons is actually confronting and threatening them.

“2 seconds.” HaHa took out the hands he had been tugging in his pockets all these times. A total of 8 marbles are found between his knuckles.

“Do you really think we are cowards? Am I r-“

The guy is not able to finish his sentences in time. HaHa knitted his eyebrows in frustration and swiftly threw the marbles in his hand towards them. In a blink of an eye, the men were found writhing and on the floor in pain.

“Ho- How did you…?”

The marbles were thrown at the perfect angles, hitting 8 men at each time. HaHa made use of the reflective motion of the round marbles. When a marble hit a man, it reflects and proceed to hit another man. The cycle proceed. 8. 16. 24. 32. 40. He has succeeded to clear the men at a go, with mere marbles.

“Cos marbles are round.”

HaHa holds his hand up in the air and the marbles reflected back after clearing all the men, returning back to his hand. He kept the marbles in his pocket before patting it. A smirk formed on his face as he turned around and left the building.

“Game over boys. I win.”

Creeping in the darkness, he quietly grabbed his sister and covered and nose with a white cloth. He saw fear in her eyes but that does not deter his determination. He has to do this. That is the only way. She struggled in his hold but he was strong. HaHa forced and pressed her onto the bed, covering her still. The cloth is tainted with a self-created poison. Created with 7 different toxic, it is a colorless, scent-free and taste-free. He saw the life seeping out of her eyes, and how her body grew weak. He removed the cloth from her and hugged his sister tightly.

“As long as I pretend to kill you, you will be safe. You can run to any place that you would like to. That’s the last gift I can give you my beloved sister. Freedom. Forgive me noona.” He whispered in a low voice in his sister’s ear.

Placing his sister down on the bed after she passed out, HaHa checked for her heartbeat and breathing. Gone. She would temporarily be in this state. A state that could easily be fooled as dead. She would be awake and bring back to life in after a day.

He know that the government would find her in no time. As long as they believed she is dead they would not find any troubles for her. They wouldn’t even publicize the news. The target would be on him only. Solely him. That is the least he can do for his only kin in this world.

He took the documents with him and sets up the room as if it was a murder scene.

He has to hide now. Escape.

The only place that is left for him to go is SKUKA.

And that’s where they accepted him for his wits.

His perfect plans for killing in all missions.

He turned around before leaving.

“And you’re my most perfect accomplishment.”

PROFILE

[REAL NAME]: Ha Dong Hoon

[CODE NAME]: Penguin

[BIRTHDAY]: 20/08/1979

[GROUP]: Running Man

[EXPERTISE]: Mission Planning, Invention, Aiming

[POSITION]: Schemer

[KNOWN AS]: Kindergarden Teacher

[FAVOURITE WEAPON]: Marbles


Gosh. I'm so sorry for the late update. I wanted to update it sooner but my school work has been holding me up. Anyway here is the new chapter of HaHa.I tried to make him cool though but I think I made him a little cold in here. It's like he is having such duo-images. Acting like a kid who love playing games yet when its mission it's the dark side of him. But actually I felt he would depict the double image really well and gave him this schemer role. keke. He is sure a cunning guy to be honest. Plus he is in fact given the Schemer role in Running Man right? keke. And if you have watched the lastest episode of Infinity Challenge, woah. That guy is sure cunning but I love him. haha. Anyway if you guys have noticed his story is the longest cos he is my bias <3 Ultimate bias to be honest. cough cough. and a little HaHyuk in the front. cough. 

Oh. Before I forgot, some of the action scene are inspired by 808 MV and KO ONE2. ^^

Anyway, hope you guys love it. Oh just call me Clarice. ^^ Leave your comments and what you guys think alright?? ^^ 

Thank you to SNSDobsessions, Victorygirl, zcrystalmerald, pudding105, MongJihyoFrance, Thunderlove, welp-this-is-awkward, KimMinYoung0112 and nganga for newly subscribing to this story. Hope you guys like it ^^